Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

Cobbo should've got there but that play is all on Dearden. Sometimes you just have to take your hat off to a good defensive play. Not only did he make the effort to get there, but that tackle was superb. Under the fend, gets in low and drives. Perfect.

It was a teriffic effort by Dearden. Once Cobbo decided to not cut inside you could see Tommy was closing in on him. After that it was all about how he made the tackle, and it was textbook.

I love this game called Which Bronco Player should we pick on. Duck Duck Goose Cobbo Your it for the week

Really doubt cobbo will leave SEQ. His family are all here, he goes back home regularly. I reckon he pulls a riki and only negotiates with the broncos. He's worth about 650 per year. Needs to up his game to be commanding more
Cherbourg is a long way from Sydney.
He's struggled at times adjusting to life in Brisbane and Sydney's a different beast.

It's not hard to understand why the fans are giving cobbo a bit of stick. Dropped the ball 4 times and bombed two tries. Pretty ordinary night out for him

This being the rumour thread, it's pretty reasonable and on topic to discuss who's likely to be cut due to salary cap pressure. The better Selwyn plays at centre, the more his market value will rise and the harder it will be to retain him.

So the opposite of what you're saying, literally.

If you want to flex your trolling routine, maybe a different thread is more appropriate.

Literally no credible source has rumoured Selwyn to be cut, just the mugs who are potting him after his game against North QLD.

It's not hard to understand why the fans are giving cobbo a bit of stick. Dropped the ball 4 times and bombed two tries. Pretty ordinary night out for him

One of those "bombed" tries, he absolutely saved a try.

The other one was a difficult pick up of a rolling ball with defenders around him in the wet.

Keep clutching though, you might hit something soon.

Cobbo should've got there but that play is all on Dearden. Sometimes you just have to take your hat off to a good defensive play. Not only did he make the effort to get there, but that tackle was superb. Under the fend, gets in low and drives. Perfect.
Looked to me like Cobbo thought the job was done for just a moment around 40-30m out. By the time he saw Dearden and kicked it back up a notch, he had allowed Dearden the split second he needed to catch up and once he did, the tackle was perfect.

That aside, Cobbo does look noticeably a pace slower this season. Looks a lot bigger than he did last year - which isn’t necessarily a bad thing but he needs to get the balance right

Looked to me like Cobbo thought the job was done for just a moment around 40-30m out. By the time he saw Dearden and kicked it back up a notch, he had allowed Dearden the split second he needed to catch up and once he did, the tackle was perfect.

That aside, Cobbo does look noticeably a pace slower this season. Looks a lot bigger than he did last year - which isn’t necessarily a bad thing but he needs to get the balance right

This. At the time I was screaming at him...but watching the replay it seems he thought the job was done and was cruising. Lesson learned.

I'm sure there's always that period of balancing things out, when it comes to bulking up for a new position. I have zero concerns tbh.

given that it was wet and played on a heavy track it shouldn't be surprising that a quick little man ran down a quicker bigger man who was also carrying a football.

right on cue the Broncos salary cap articles come out again.

yesterday Badel talks about how we have $8 million worth of talent will enter free agency over the next two years

today Badel talks about how we may have to choose between Cobbo and Staggs because they could both enter free agency from November

On the Dearden tackle on Selwyn, GPS data showed Dearden reached a top speed of 34.03km/ph.

Cobbo’s top speed in the NRL to date is 34.8 which was in Magic Round in ‘22.

When you consider that Dearden had a head start and was running before Cobbo was, it’s not so unbelievable that Dearden caught him. He took the right angle and focused on taking him out in the corner rather than trying to get him earlier. If you look at it Dearden was ahead of Cobbo for a chunk of that chase.

So I think this Cobbo bashing over it is a tad ridiculous. Dearden is super fucking quick.

I think Cobbos running style and the giant smile on his face gives people the impression hes not moving. Very deceiving. There was only a couple of things he could have done different, but that tackle was brilliance.

Active Now

• Santa
  • KnToad
  • john1420
  • Culhwch
  • Dash
  • leon.bott
  • Foordy
  • Gaz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Ondi
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Manofoneway
  • Strop
  • FACTHUNT
  • Xzei
  • davidp
  • Broncorob
  • broncos4life
  • The Strapper
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.