Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Wait is this guy for real!? I just thought he was a Panthers troll...

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
Piakura and Riki in contention for the worst edge backrow pairing in the comp. Not gonna win a premiership this year with them there. Capewell was a bigger loss than it seemed. Would like to see us recruit some better depth there. Jack Gos and Jaiyden Hunt are not good depth. Arguably both are a waste of space.

There ya go, there's where I think Broncos could improve.

Of course, we should also release Staggs, save some cap and shift Mariner to centre.
Just because it's magic round doesn't mean you need to get on the magic mushys mate

Broncosgirl

Broncosgirl

Deep in the Heart of Queensland
Contributor
Nov 9, 2022
Jesus mate, she is almost 60…aim higher!
Liz says 👋

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
I don't see why we can't improve our backrow stocks while also tripping balls
I think the salary cap holds you back a fair bit. Cant commit too much into the forwards or the spine will suffer as a consequence and that worked wonders in 2020 didn't it. They cant all be superstars. For every Payne Haas & Pat Carrigan in the side you need to have Corey Jensen, Jordan Riki, Tyson Smoothy, & Kobe Hethrington types to compliment them. Yes the depth in the second row is an issue should injuries arise but Piakura & Riki are a fairly solid combo that do their job week in week out. Sure they arent a David Fitita but they arent on his wages either.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
I think the salary cap holds you back a fair bit. Cant commit too much into the forwards or the spine will suffer as a consequence and that worked wonders in 2020 didn't it. They cant all be superstars. For every Payne Haas & Pat Carrigan in the side you need to have Corey Jensen, Jordan Riki, Tyson Smoothy, & Kobe Hethrington types to compliment them. Yes the depth in the second row is an issue should injuries arise but Piakura & Riki are a fairly solid combo that do their job week in week out. Sure they arent a David Fitita but they arent on his wages either.
I think you missed the post with my suggestions. Elie El-Zakhem would be bottom dollar signing and I rate him highly. Plenty of options but I am really not happy with Riki and Piakura being our best starting options and then Hunt and Gos being our depth.

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
Err...did Fifita just backflip on the Roosters? Or...he was never ever going there?

Confused...!

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • broncsgoat
  • Smokin' Joe
  • mystico
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.