OFFICIAL Broncos Sourced Player Movement and Confirmed Signings - Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daily Telegraph with a story just now about Gateth Widdop wanting to come back to the NRL next year for personal reasons and how we may be interested. Apparently his dad is a mad Broncos fan. He is on $900 per season at Warrington, and would need to take a big pay cut obviously.

What's the consensus lads, we keen? Still got 2 or 3 good years in him you would think, and would be a good experienced half for Dearden. He has to be worth a look I reckon.

$900 a season is a bargain ... sign him up Kevvie 😜

but seriously, i would take him in a heartbeat for the right price. would be a valuable asset at fullback for us

Daily Telegraph with a story just now about Gareth Widdop wanting to come back to the NRL next year for personal reasons and how we may be interested. Apparently his dad is a mad Broncos fan. He is on $900k per season at Warrington, and would need to take a big pay cut obviously.

What's the consensus lads, we keen? He is 31, but would still have 2 or 3 good years in him you would think, and would be an excellent experienced half for Dearden. He has to be worth a look I reckon and I would be happy to throw half a mill at him.
Yep. If he wants to come back then he would be the best fullback available.

There has been a few, Dale Shearer , Trevor Gillmiester, Kevin Walters, Garry Belcher, Gavin Allen, Harvey Howard, I am all out for now
Badge never played for us mate, was just here in a coaching capacity...

Chris Johns, Tallis, Darren Smith, Gillmeister, Campion, Priddis, Folau, Te’o to name a few more but it’s been slim pickings the last decade for purchased players providing good value.

I wouldn’t put priddis, Folau and teo in the world beaters category.

Daily Telegraph with a story just now about Gareth Widdop wanting to come back to the NRL next year for personal reasons and how we may be interested. Apparently his dad is a mad Broncos fan. He is on $900k per season at Warrington, and would need to take a big pay cut obviously.

What's the consensus lads, we keen? He is 31, but would still have 2 or 3 good years in him you would think, and would be an excellent experienced half for Dearden. He has to be worth a look I reckon and I would be happy to throw half a mill at him.
Spot on lets sign him, cool under pressure and knows how to win, plus he can kick goals, would be the most astute buy we could make at present and your 100% correct about how good he would be for Deardon, I can chuck in $50 to help get him here, off the books of course.

Spot on lets sign him, cool under pressure and knows how to win, plus he can kick goals, would be the most astute buy we could make at present and your 100% correct about how good he would be for Deardon, I can chuck in $50 to help get him here, off the books of course.

Sorry mate, scrub my previous offer, i am a bit embarrassed, I didn't realise you were stumping up half a $mil, I will revise my offer to $500 to save face, so between you and me we are now sitting at $500,500 for Widdop, looks much better I reckon.

Sorry mate, scrub my previous offer, i am a bit embarrassed, I didn't realise you were stumping up half a $mil, I will revise my offer to $500 to save face, so between you and me we are now sitting at $500,500 for Widdop, looks much better I reckon.
I am a bit skint at the moment but I have a spare paper bag you fellas can use.

I don’t think we will sign him unless Dearden rides the pine plays another year of q-cup whilst learning off Widdop... it’s pretty clear kevvie isn’t dropping or getting rid of milford

Priddis was a NSW rep during his time with us and was instrumental in our successful 2000 campaign.

Folau offering us 37 try’s in 39 games wasn’t bad either...

An equivalent purchase of either one of them would be amazing right now.

Actually you’re right. I totally forgot what period priddis was with us.

Priddis was a NSW rep during his time with us and was instrumental in our successful 2000 campaign.

Folau offering us 37 try’s in 39 games wasn’t bad either...

An equivalent purchase of either one of them would be amazing right now.

They had the 2003 GF on fox earlier, Priddis was so good. Under rated player imo. Should have kept him long term. I know Wayne views letting him go as a mistake.

Freddy went missing in the second half as a side note, did the same in 2000. Over rated by NSW twerps.

I don’t think we will sign him unless Dearden rides the pine plays another year of q-cup whilst learning off Widdop... it’s pretty clear kevvie isn’t dropping or getting rid of milford

Kevvie also won't be playing Milford at fullback

Maybe Birdie and Milf will be feeling generous and also chip in a few hundred bucks as their way of sayin thanks for the club's generosity all these years hah.

would be real question marks over widdops shoulder could be another bird signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Broncorob
  • Mighty Bronx
  • scobie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.