NEWS Broncos target Green as Bennett successor

Teams that were playing better than the Cowboys, but the Cowboys still found a way to win while some of the team were also playing busted.

That's the sign of a great team, of a great coach.

But it seems people will let petty hate and sour grapes get in the way of seeing what the Cowboys managed to accomplish, something no other team has been able to accomplish in a very very long time.

I honestly just can't stand sooks. Cowboys lifted in the finals but throughout the season they were deadset average, only just scraping into the 8 on St George losing to the Bulldogs. If we had met them in the prelim we would have wiped the floor with them. And some of their opponents in the finals played shocking, especially the Roosters.

Walters isn't a proven coach at club level ... and coaching Origin is completely different to coaching an NRL club

We all saw the attack in '15, milfs 1st season as a half btw. I'd rather give him a go than see him go somewhere else and see him do the same with a different team. At least give him a chance.

Moot point anyway, he's not coming. He's just using our club as a threat in his own negotiations like every player seems to.

Would rather Walters. Green might be a great coach but I can't stand whingers. Have always liked Bennett's style of the players having to own their own performances and not make petty excuses of the refs or anything similar. It just enables the players to do the same, as we have seen with their captain. Would also like to see how he goes without Thurston for a season or 2 before calling him a great coach. Same goes for Bellamy without Smith, Slater etc.

Wouldn't you need to see Walters without Smith, Slater and Thurston then too?

Wouldn't you need to see Walters without Smith, Slater and Thurston then too?

Have seen the attack in '15. As I said would at least give him a chance rather than see him go somewhere else and do the same against us.

I think we have our potential head coaches at the club right now and another one in development in Hodges. If green or Bellamy, or someone else for that matter, put their hands up that would be one thing but I think you first look at the ones there now. They are both good candidates. Walters would be my favourites, but i wouldn't be too disgruntled if Demetriou got it either. And they are both familiar with the players and their nuances, as trainers, leaders, and their various weaknesses.
The biggest worry for me would be to bring in a new face and handle someone like lodge or Roberts (though not necessarily them as they are well known) the wrong way.
If one thing is certain (and Henjak proved it), things can change pretty quickly under a new coach, especially if the wrong one is chosen.

Would rather Walters. Green might be a great coach but I can't stand whingers. Have always liked Bennett's style of the players having to own their own performances and not make petty excuses of the refs or anything similar. It just enables the players to do the same, as we have seen with their captain. Would also like to see how he goes without Thurston for a season or 2 before calling him a great coach. Same goes for Bellamy without Smith, Slater etc.
Bennett whinges too.

I get what you're saying to a certain extent but ultimately winning is the only thing that matters. Losers cry, winners **** the prom queen.

They are obviously REALLY struggling to sell tickets to this testimonial/money grab/salary cap dodge....

Why didn't they do it in there cities (eg Melbourne or Townsville) though I wonder...... seriously, a bit sad really. We didn't play a Glenn lazaraus or Chris johns testimonial in Sydney.... and if I hear "but they are Queensland greats!" Ummmm they aren't playing in Queensland jerseys and Townsville is also in Queensland and the great Melbourne town of the Sunshine Coast that the storm spend 90% of their development on to grow the game in Melbourne is also in Queensland, or "they grew up in Brisbane!", umm they have lived away from Brisbane for over 15 years and do everything in there power to beat Brisbane every time they play us-yet they play it at OUR HOME GROUND???

Ps. Sorry for the irrelevant rant... and Green isn't coming here... also, Bennett whinges about the state of the game, he doesn't blame the refs, a conspiracy or the way the wind blew that day like green does... watch a press conference instead of reading an article by rothfield or Kent

Green did a good job with Cowboys getting them to the grand final last year, and got demolished but let's face it the whole top 8 was nothing compared to storm last year.

I think we have our potential head coaches at the club right now and another one in development in Hodges. If green or Bellamy, or someone else for that matter, put their hands up that would be one thing but I think you first look at the ones there now. They are both good candidates. Walters would be my favourites, but i wouldn't be too disgruntled if Demetriou got it either. And they are both familiar with the players and their nuances, as trainers, leaders, and their various weaknesses.
The biggest worry for me would be to bring in a new face and handle someone like lodge or Roberts (though not necessarily them as they are well known) the wrong way.
If one thing is certain (and Henjak proved it), things can change pretty quickly under a new coach, especially if the wrong one is chosen.

They thought internal with Henjak and Griffin, Henjak had been at the Broncos since mid 90's.

They are obviously REALLY struggling to sell tickets to this testimonial/money grab/salary cap dodge....

Why didn't they do it in there cities (eg Melbourne or Townsville) though I wonder...... seriously, a bit sad really. We didn't play a Glenn lazaraus or Chris johns testimonial in Sydney.... and if I hear "but they are Queensland greats!" Ummmm they aren't playing in Queensland jerseys and Townsville is also in Queensland and the great Melbourne town of the Sunshine Coast that the storm spend 90% of their development on to grow the game in Melbourne is also in Queensland, or "they grew up in Brisbane!", umm they have lived away from Brisbane for over 15 years and do everything in there power to beat Brisbane every time they play us-yet they play it at OUR HOME GROUND???

Ps. Sorry for the irrelevant rant... and Green isn't coming here... also, Bennett whinges about the state of the game, he doesn't blame the refs, a conspiracy or the way the wind blew that day like green does... watch a press conference instead of reading an article by rothfield or Kent

Come on!

Bennett has led more conspiracies and subtle digs and whinges then anyone in the last 40 years.

Hates extra time, hates two refs, hates the bunker. whinged about Souths, whinged about Harrigan, whinged about QRL, whinged about Wynnum, whinged about Gus, Ryan, Smith, Mal, broke contracts at every club and gets ex players to whinge for him too.

Let's not rewrite history, he's a master at having his bit.

You nailed it with the fact that they’re not wearing a Qld jersey.

Want to make it interesting? Play a game of 9’s, Smith vs Thurston, with them each picking their team one at a time out of Qld eligible players. Just the team-selecting exercise would have the fans going nuts.

You nailed it with the fact that they’re not wearing a Qld jersey.

Want to make it interesting? Play a game of 9’s, Smith vs Thurston, with them each picking their team one at a time out of Qld eligible players. Just the team-selecting exercise would have the fans going nuts.
LOVE this

I'd take Green or Bellyache....Bellamy would do wonders for this team.

I would love Wayne to coach us forever, but the reality is he's going to retire soon and we need to think of the future. We absolutely cannot allow to happen what happened last time Wayne left us, that was a total shamoozle. We have time to prepare and pick the RIGHT coach for our future.

Honestly, Paul Green would be great for us. I believe he's proven himself as a fantastic coach. He knows how to get the best out of his players and tactically he seems to know his shit, picks a good bench and overall he's just a damn good coach. I think if we can get Paul Green, then we should go for it, 3 year contract and see what happens. It honestly can't be worse than the Henjak and Griffin era. If we can't get Green? Then Kevin Walters deserves the spot.

I would love Wayne to coach us forever, but the reality is he's going to retire soon and we need to think of the future. We absolutely cannot allow to happen what happened last time Wayne left us, that was a total shamoozle. We have time to prepare and pick the RIGHT coach for our future.

Honestly, Paul Green would be great for us. I believe he's proven himself as a fantastic coach. He knows how to get the best out of his players and tactically he seems to know his shit, picks a good bench and overall he's just a damn good coach. I think if we can get Paul Green, then we should go for it, 3 year contract and see what happens. It honestly can't be worse than the Henjak and Griffin era. If we can't get Green? Then Kevin Walters deserves the spot.
We can't treat Walters the same way the QRL did. Kevie deserves his chance this year to prove himself as a head coach and if he's doing a good job he's in front. Green doesn't know the club and players like Kev does. Institutional consistency and culture stability is what brings you premierships. Green has done that at NQLD. But it would be far more efficient of Kevie were given the job to keep the status quo

I'd take Green or Bellyache....Bellamy would do wonders for this team.

I think we need Bellamy for sure , he can bring a #7 with him aswell if Wayne doesn’t get it sorted
Just imagine what milf could be under him too

Active Now

• davidp
  • Dash
  • IceWorks
  • Robboi_321
  • Old Mate
  • Spoon
  • Turks85
  • Fatboy
  • Xzei
  • Manofoneway
  • TimWhatley
  • Viti
  • Cavalo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.