NEWS Broncos target Green as Bennett successor

I think we need Bellamy for sure , he can bring a #7 with him aswell if Wayne doesn’t get it sorted
Just imagine what milf could be under him too

The Milf would be World Heavyweight Champ in no time.
ER78c4Dn-8TvtlG2-mXpig_r.jpg

Do you smell what the Milf is cooking?

/pictures of hamburgers piled high

Come on!

Bennett has led more conspiracies and subtle digs and whinges then anyone in the last 40 years.

Hates extra time, hates two refs, hates the bunker. whinged about Souths, whinged about Harrigan, whinged about QRL, whinged about Wynnum, whinged about Gus, Ryan, Smith, Mal, broke contracts at every club and gets ex players to whinge for him too.

Let's not rewrite history, he's a master at having his bit.
Where in ALL those examples did he blame the ref for the loss of a game? Haha sometimes I wonder if you read my comments before replying......

This is the difference....
Bennett will complain about EVERY single one of those examples whether he has lost or won the game, or during a season or in the off season. These are his POINTS OF VIEW, he isn't blaming a loss on them-eg golden point he complained about since it came in to the game "what's the problem with a draw?" He famously said when it got introduced...

Green will complain only IF HE LOSES about the ref/rules/scheduling, but he will mysteriously hold his tongue or refuse to comment on the issue if his team benefits and wins from it....

I'll sum it up for you here: Manipulating the media or giving your point of view on a topic is different to USING IT AS A REASON YOU HAVE LOST A GAME (I'm not yelling, just highlight points to make sure you actually read them this time before you jump in to disagreeing with me)

"Come on!"

Where in ALL those examples did he blame the ref for the loss of a game? Haha sometimes I wonder if you read my comments before replying......

Bennett will complain about EVERY single one of those examples whether he has lost or won the game, or during a season or in the off season. These are his POINTS OF VIEW, he isn't blaming a loss on them-eg golden point he complained about since it came in to the game "what's the problem with a draw?" He famously said when it got introduced...

Green will complain only IF HE LOSES about the ref/rules/scheduling, but he will mysteriously hold his tongue or refuse to comment on the issue if his team benefits and wins from it....

I'll sum it up for you here: Manipulating the media or giving your point of view on a topic is different to USING IT AS A REASON YOU HAVE LOST A GAME (I'm not yelling, just highlight points to make sure you actually read them this time before you jump in to disagreeing with me)

"Come on!"

Bennett's whinges generally are about things that affect the whole game and every team, not things that will only benefit the Broncos eg golden point, bunker, two refs. The golden point one after the GF was just him re-stating a long-held opinion when the journo asked about it and then they decided to act as though it was some big bombshell he dropped after losing. Last year (or was it '16?) PG and JT actually sat in a press conference a few days BEFORE our game with them and had a whinge about Adam Blair's supposedly illegal (they weren't) tactics against JT. Just one of the instances of them whinging and trying to influence refs to ref the game the way they would like it reffed, it has been going on for a long time now and it's a really shitty aspect of that team.

FWIW I also think Darius Boyd has been going down that path recently too and it shits me off, it's starting to rub off on Milford. This coming season is a make or break for Darius as to how he will be seen as a leader imo.

So someone who might have some connection to the club somehow, might have contacted the Cows about something, which was maybe the coach and thus, all things being as they are, we have an article about a definite attempt at poaching Green? Have I read that correctly?

But the talks were high-level.

"Come on!"

Round 20 2002.

Fined $10,000 for saying "I've said it before and I'll say it again when there's a tough call it will go against us every time. The officials job is not to prejudge; their job is to make the right decision."

Prelim Final same year.

Demanded to meet with Stone and Harrigan after the 8-1 penalty count and went through each penalty with them looking for an explanation on each one.

Origin that year- Lockyer no try- Called it the hottest call in history during the press conference and was fined.

Sneaking out of the airport instead of the arranged press conference 2005 because they lost the Tri-Nations. Probably more sulking than whinging but still not taking a loss well.

The point isn't anti-Bennett but to say he hasn't had his share of agendas, whinges and complaints just shows a complete lack of knowledge of his career.

He's the master at it.

Round 20 2002.

Fined $10,000 for saying "I've said it before and I'll say it again when there's a tough call it will go against us every time. The officials job is not to prejudge; their job is to make the right decision."

Prelim Final same year.

Demanded to meet with Stone and Harrigan after the 8-1 penalty count and went through each penalty with them looking for an explanation on each one.

Origin that year- Lockyer no try- Called it the hottest call in history during the press conference and was fined.

Sneaking out of the airport instead of the arranged press conference 2005 because they lost the Tri-Nations. Probably more sulking than whinging but still not taking a loss well.

The point isn't anti-Bennett but to say he hasn't had his share of agendas, whinges and complaints just shows a complete lack of knowledge of his career.

He's the master at it.
Hahahahahaha

You have went back 15 years (!!!!!!!) and STILL NOT given me an example of him BLAMING a loss on anything. Where is he saying "we would have won today if..." or "we deserved to win but the refs had other ideas..." or "the scheduling isn't fair the (insert other teams name) didn't have to back up like we did".....

Do you understand what BLAME means? The closest there is him saying he wanted to meet with the refs and that isn't even that bad haha seriously.....

I'm guessing if we were talking about Bellamy you wouldn't be so strong with your confirmation bias/search for information that looks to confirm your story...

2002, haha you started off poorly and never recovered from your point...

I don't think Townsville has any buildings high as 10 levels....?

So we're talking on a plane, so possibly not even in Townsville, this is Skandalis!

Round 20 2002.

Prelim Final same year.

He's the master at it.
Bennett whinges about the state of the game, he doesn't blame the refs, a conspiracy or the way the wind blew that day like green does...

READ what I write if you are going to try to debate it... notice "he doesn't blame the refs"?......seriously....

READ what I write if you are going to try to debate it... notice "he doesn't blame the refs"?......seriously....

He blamed Harrigan for the preliminary final loss in 2002, stating that we would have won the premiership if it wasn’t for him.

He blamed Harrigan for the preliminary final loss in 2002, stating that we would have won the premiership if it wasn’t for him.

I included that game, I would have included a few from Souths and Brothers too but somehow I think they would have gone over his head and he wouldn't know who those teams are. Bennett was fined for commenting on Manson loving Wynnum.

I just started with when they started fining coaches. Gave the first couple.

If saying every tough call always goes against us isn't whinging then I am not too sure what is, if saying we would have won a comp but for Harrigan isn't whinging I misunderstand the word.

They all do it, Green, Bennett maybe not Girffin. He's pretty good at not doing it. That's why I find it strange when people ignore history or don't know it. Just different styles- Bellamy and Green get all emotive while Bennett will use his subtle ways to make sure everyone knows what's pissed him off.

He was fucking right too. That game was an absolute farce.
I was just thinking the same thing. We didn’t get our only penalty until about the 68th minute - such a one sided leg-up if I’ve ever seen one!
This was the same game when Hodges was going through his 3 years of being caught up in his own self importance and got decked by one very crisp punch by Casey McGuire.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Allo
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • rj9
  • Skathen
  • Viti
  • trugo bronco
  • RolledOates
  • Stix
  • leon.bott
  • Redux
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • broncos4life
  • Rookie Alan
  • Justwin
  • BruiserMk1
  • johnny plath
  • Robboi_321
  • Wolfie
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.