Broncos to Las Vegas

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Patty, rather than Reece, has been chosen to represent the Broncos in Vegas. He will fly to the States for promos after he's finished up with the Kangaroos on Nov 4.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
I hope poor Patty gets some decent downtime though, he's had a busier year than most with Origin etc. Seems he'll be missing most of the preseason, it's not ideal.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I hope poor Patty gets some decent downtime though, he's had a busier year than most with Origin etc. Seems he'll be missing most of the preseason, it's not ideal.

he wouldn't be back normally until around January anyway as he's playing in the end of season internationals

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
he wouldn't be back normally until around January anyway as he's playing in the end of season internationals

I know, that's my point lol. Dude plays huge minutes, plus origin, plus internationals, plus the community stuff the club does, now the US stuff on top...phew what a workload!

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
The AFL are reportedly pissed about the advertising outside the stadium in Las Vegas that says "Australia's Biggest Sport is coming to Vegas in 2024"
Let them prove otherwise 😉

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

Has to have six weeks off. Staff and players are already just got home from their trip and trust me it wasn't hard work touring the Raiders and Rams.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Manly are the only club basing themselves in Las Vegas.

WHERE CLUBS ARE LOOKING TO SET UP BASE CAMP

Rabbitohs:
University of California, San Diego

Broncos: Cal Lutheran University, Thousand Oaks

Sea Eagles: University of Nevada, Las Vegas

Roosters: University of California, Los Angeles/University of Southern California, Los Angeles/Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Typical Seibold not understanding the nonsense possible, no wonder they sign Lodge to a proper contract.

He is all tactics with no idea about man management.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
So the current reporting is that the 4 teams going to Vegas would play on the weekend of March 2-3 with the remaining 6 games the following week on March 7-10.

If Vegas has to happen, then that's a bad scenario. Although it also means that the team with a round 1 bye, won't start their season until at least March 14

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
So the current reporting is that the 4 teams going to Vegas would play on the weekend of March 2-3 with the remaining 6 games the following week on March 7-10.

If Vegas has to happen, then that's a bad scenario. Although it also means that the team with a round 1 bye, won't start their season until at least March 14
Hopefully the NRL are smart, and our 2nd and 3rd round games are against Manly/Souths.

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
I reckon PVL would do all he can to make Souffs win the comp next season as he’s sucking up to Albanese these days.

So yeah, no favors for us. R2 we play Cowgirls, R3 we play away in SHITney, R4 we play another Away game against The.

kman

kman

QCup Player
Aug 8, 2021
I believe it's amazing trying to make rugby league more international, it's the greatest game on the planet. Our game is just not well known but it's amazing to watch and follow. Taking a chance like the NRL has done will definitely only help build our game into a more national sport. Olympics here we come in the future, which is a great option to me.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I believe it's amazing trying to make rugby league more international, it's the greatest game on the planet. Our game is just not well known but it's amazing to watch and follow. Taking a chance like the NRL has done will definitely only help build our game into a more national sport. Olympics here we come in the future, which is a great option to me.

The NRL are jumping the gun, (probably because Vlandys wants some if that sweet Vegas gambling $$$)

Their first step should be trying to make the sport a truly national game ... Not just an Easy coast game ... Solidify the Australian market, then attempt the US market.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
The NRL are jumping the gun, (probably because Vlandys wants some if that sweet Vegas gambling $$$)

Their first step should be trying to make the sport a truly national game ... Not just an Easy coast game ... Solidify the Australian market, then attempt the US market.

To be honest I don't think we need to be fully national before we look to grow elsewhere. The game would be smart to stick to it's stronghold demographics, and look for the same elsewhere. Gold Coast, Melbourne, they aren't the target market but the NRL won't ever let them die because it would be an embarrassment.

There would be plenty of similar working class boof head regions in America, otherwise the NFL wouldn't exist. Either try to get a foothold in those same areas or look for similar areas that don't have an NFL team there.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Leaked draw for 2024 apparently has us playing souths in round 2 (not sure if home or away, but guessing home) and then travelling to penrith in round 3.... so no easy start from the NRL despite doing them a favour and heading to Vegas just to stroke Vlando's ego.

The fixing begins

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Leaked draw for 2024 apparently has us playing souths in round 2 (not sure if home or away, but guessing home) and then travelling to penrith in round 3.... so no easy start from the NRL despite doing them a favour and heading to Vegas just to stroke Vlando's ego.

The fixing begins
I mean if true, that's a good draw for us. Makes sense to play another Vegas team in week 2. Good to get Penrith out the way too.

Active Now

• Broncs1459
  • Griffo
  • Locky24
  • Brocko
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  • Foordy
  • Pablo
  • ell.d33
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.