Broncos to Las Vegas

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I mean if true, that's a good draw for us. Makes sense to play another Vegas team in week 2. Good to get Penrith out the way too.
Except apparently the other 3 Vegas teams are playing against each other for the first 3 rounds... whereas we get sent straight to the 3 time premiers away a couple weeks into the season.

The four teams involved in Las Vegas will square off against each other over the opening three rounds of the season to provide consistency and balance to the draw.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Except apparently the other 3 Vegas teams are playing against each other for the first 3 rounds... whereas we get sent straight to the 3 time premiers away a couple weeks into the season.

The four teams involved in Las Vegas will square off against each other over the opening three rounds of the season to provide consistency and balance to the draw.
Well that just wouldn't work mathematically if we're playing Penrith round 3. So either we're not playing Penrith round 3, or that statement is false.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Lol Tigers rumoured to be getting the round 1 bye.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
As an aside, I have the Tigers to possibly be big improvers in 2024 - now of course this is very much dependent on them getting their off field sorted and Benji turning out to be a decent coach.

They've gotten rid of their halves handbrake in Brooks (I think the split is good for both him and the club) and there were times this year where they looked better than most teams in the comp but were woefully inconsistent. They could easily go the other way too though because of how many unknowns there are in that team.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Well that just wouldn't work mathematically if we're playing Penrith round 3. So either we're not playing Penrith round 3, or that statement is false.
I think we know the answer to that.

Rabbits will probably play rorters in round 3
Manly will probably get Tigers or something

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
So apparently the Vegas matches are sold out. That is actually amazing!

Edit: Some people are reporting it sold out, but I logged into see if I could get tickets and they still had some available. But a lot were gone. More than I would have expected.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

Edit: Some people are reporting it sold out, but I logged into see if I could get tickets and they still had some available. But a lot were gone. More than I would have expected.

Much like Origin, I bet the majority are given to sponsors and the gambling companies.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018

Plenty of seats available (blue). I'm guessing the shitty greyed out sections (nosebleeds, etc) aren't opened for sale.

Screenshot 2023 12 01 at 12 55 32 Rugby League in Las Vegas Tickets Las Vegas NV Ticketmaster

B

BRC088

QCup Player
Feb 7, 2012
Does a full NRL field fit, or will they need to shave a few meters off?

M

mstreet

QCup Player
Sep 3, 2020
This is to boost the gambling profile in America? If so, they aren't going to be supporters like us. I imagine mostly a corporate affair. Various companies invested in gambling showing off a product to potential customers. V'landy will make it look great on the books, but American's aren't interested like we are. NRL is about grassroots. They have no emotional connection to the sport. They have NFL as their religion.

Maybe it gets gamblers interested. Maybe it doesn't. I think v'landy wants to bump up next television rights. Could be a masterstroke. Time will tell.

Stadium set up for viewing looks like it does when we play at a cricket game.

V'landy feels like Dan Andrews. A bulldog who takes no shit, and doesn't answer. He has a vision, and **** everyone else.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Does a full NRL field fit, or will they need to shave a few meters off?
I think I remember hearing somewhere (can't remember where) that the field will be a few metres narrower.

Edit: found it.

The dimensions of Allegiant Stadium means the field will be almost 800 square metres smaller than those at the likes of Accor Stadium, Allianz Stadium, Suncorp Stadium and AAMI Park. Instead of having 68 metres from sideline to sideline, there will be only 63 metres.

Also 96m in length.

B

BRC088

QCup Player
Feb 7, 2012
I think I remember hearing somewhere (can't remember where) that the field will be a few metres narrower.
Wow, more than I thought. You could have 2 fullbacks back and defend the approx. same meters as 1 on a full width.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Wow, more than I thought. You could have 2 fullbacks back and defend the approx. same meters as 1 on a full width.
Yea it will be interesting to see how teams adapt to the smaller field (e.g. if there will be any tactical changes). A narrower field should help our edge when Cobbo runs in off the wing (less space to try and have to cover lol).

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Yea it will be interesting to see how teams adapt to the smaller field (e.g. if there will be any tactical changes). A narrower field should help our edge when Cobbo runs in off the wing (less space to try and have to cover lol).

Are you kidding, the kid can't stay in the field of play on a standard field! Jokes, of course, but only kinda...

B

Broncsfamily4life

Oct 2, 2023
I am also not sure of the playing surface. Its ok for NFL and soccer players as they never get slammed on the deck. If they are sliding they have the uniforms to protect them. Also, the tags / cleats are different. Does anyone know about that

Active Now

• Browny
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Morkel
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • ell.d33
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • Ozired
  • barker
  • Dony Eliakim
  • phoenix
  • Fozz
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.