Challenge System

Challenge system......for or against

• For

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Against

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
As long as it comes with some other benefits for the refs like unless you are making an official challenge then shut the f@ck up.
As soon as anyone makes a complaint treat it as a challenge, this would keep ppl like Lyon, Watamong, Ennis, Farah, Glen Stewart etc out of the refs faces.

If they still do it after the challenges are used then a 5 min sinbin.

definitely, ive been calling for it since well before 2006.

i dont see why anyone would be against getting the correct decision? personally i think you should get 2-3 challenges per half, and if you challenge a call and are found to be right, you get that challenge back (ie. you still have the same amount of challenges left). if you are found to be wrong about the challenge, you lose a challenge. so if you get 20 incorrect decisions you can challenge every single one and have every single one of them corrected. limiting it to 2, with a 3rd if your other 2 were right, is just stupid. what happens if the ref makes 1 obviously wrong call, which is challenged and reversed, then 1 lineball call which is challenged but then upheld - that means there are no more challenges available for that team, so the referee could then blow another 5 howlers and the team just has to accept them. makes no sense.

I would like to see them trial it in the NRL this year in games in the last couple of rounds that aren't impacting the finals (if any).

Love Dexter's idea that any query from the players should be treated as a challenge. That really would help to shut up the whingers!

I have to agree with AP.

If the challenge is right then that should not counts as a "use".

And yes, if they whinge, count it as a challenge.

Isn't that sort of like the biting thing?

"Sir, sir he ****in bit me, the mongrel dog ****in' bit me sir, see this?!"

"Are you making a formal complaint?"

*mumbles and walks away*

I would like to see them trial it in the NRL this year in games in the last couple of rounds that aren't impacting the finals (if any).

Love Dexter's idea that any query from the players should be treated as a challenge. That really would help to shut up the whingers!

Need a real pre season cup or something that is played under the trial rules. Only way to really know if it works, is to use it in games that clubs care about.

Need a real pre season cup or something that is played under the trial rules. Only way to really know if it works, is to use it in games that clubs care about.

Hence why I think it should be in a real premiership game but one that doesn't impact the finals placings. Teams will still be wanting to win for pride's sake, but you wouldn't want a tested system in one game that impacts the finals and not in others.

definitely, ive been calling for it since well before 2006.

i dont see why anyone would be against getting the correct decision?

I'm a simple man......I like my beer cold and my women hot.

The below sounds all too complicated and tedious. Rugby League when played at it's best is a fast and flowing game. I don't want to be waiting for a panel of "judges", flip flopping around between video replays..... trying to decide what actually happened. I'm prepared to accept the wrong call and move on, rather than furiously crunch out numbers on my calculator to see how many challenges are left

and when we should use them.....

besides that, it stinks of American Football. The multiple referees for the NRL was the first step in the wrong direction

.....personally i think you should get 2-3 challenges per half, and if you challenge a call and are found to be right, you get that challenge back (ie. you still have the same amount of challenges left). if you are found to be wrong about the challenge, you lose a challenge. so if you get 20 incorrect decisions you can challenge every single one and have every single one of them corrected. limiting it to 2, with a 3rd if your other 2 were right, is just stupid. what happens if the ref makes 1 obviously wrong call, which is challenged and reversed, then 1 lineball call which is challenged but then upheld - that means there are no more challenges available for that team, so the referee could then blow another 5 howlers and the team just has to accept them. makes no sense.

If I wanted to watch gridiron I would ....too many stoppages for my liking, so I don't watch.

I'd rather have a few extra tiny stoppages if it comes with the satisfaction of having bad calls reversed.

The whingers will take over the game if we are not careful. We will be stopping to check forward passes, strips, challenging penalties as well as all the stoppages we currently have.

Too many pauses in the game to satisfy whingeing fans who think they are right all the time. This will change the game by taking away the fatigue factor as well.

No matter how many ppl look at something there will always be the 50 50 call and somebody will be left feeling ripped off.

If they have a challenge system I hope it's only for "clangers". If it's a line ball decision, then the referee's ruling stands.

If they have a challenge system I hope it's only for "clangers". If it's a line ball decision, then the referee's ruling stands.

But the line ball decisions, could be the turning point of the game.

I agree with the challenge system.

The whingers will take over the game if we are not careful. We will be stopping to check forward passes, strips, challenging penalties as well as all the stoppages we currently have.

Too many pauses in the game to satisfy whingeing fans who think they are right all the time. This will change the game by taking away the fatigue factor as well.

No matter how many ppl look at something there will always be the 50 50 call and somebody will be left feeling ripped off.

So you're alright with reed being penalized and then the bulldogs scoring a few tackles later to move to only 8 behind just before halftime? What's next, origin 2000 game 1 all over again and you'll be fine with it?

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.