Could Bennett take Taylor from Titans?

While we're on the topic of Taylor having a non-existent running game and being a liability in defence..

Milford - 6 line-breaks, 10-line-break assists, 159 tackles, 49 missed
Taylor - 4 line-breaks, 9 line-break assists, 317 tackles, 66 missed

Not sure if that's a testament to how dog shit Milford has been this year or not, probably. Regardless, Taylor is arguably a better statistical defender based on that, his tackle to missed tackle ratio is far superior.

The panthers and Cleary aren't as good as people make them out to be.

The Panthers rarely are. Every year for the last 3-4 years, the "word" is, the Panthers will be strong. Not since Peter Wallace put in his usual first season wonder, have they looked even close to being a serious threat.

Stats are stats they don't tell the whole story. Why also do we resort to using players that don't play the same position. Also why chose a player who has been out for 6 weeks. Actually you cant compare both our halfs to Ash because they have both had stints on the sideline and played rep footy that has taken them out for extended periods. Our team is sitting 3rd on the ladder, we have had injuries galore this season and men playing rep footy. Our team has had different personnel on the field for about 65% of the year or more. Yet we need this chucky doll looking child to save our club from playing finals footy. Are we that pathetic. I believe in Wayne if he thinks the kids right for the team then I will support the guy but until he is in our jersey he ain't even on my radar .

I doubt you know what it's about though, even if I appreciate the thought... :wink:
Any bloke who can take the piss out of themselves deserves a pat on the back....

While we're on the topic of Taylor having a non-existent running game and being a liability in defence..

Not sure if that's a testament to how dog shit Milford has been this year or not, probably. Regardless, Taylor is arguably a better statistical defender based on that, his tackle to missed tackle ratio is far superior.
Pretty sure Milford has played about 7 less games. So the attacking stats are meaningless. Indeed they actually flatter Taylor.

Re defence are u suggesting because we have one turnstile we should get another?

Pretty sure Milford has played about 7 less games. So the attacking stats are meaningless. Indeed they actually flatter Taylor.

Re defence are u suggesting because we have one turnstile we should get another?
Taylor has played 4 more games. Even so, considering Milford is supposed to be one of the most dangerous ball runners in the comp i would have thought he'd be well ahead in linebreaks.

Didn't someone say he was a turnstile though !

Personally, I would prefer Cleary over Taylor and it was probably helped by Taylor's spray. Cleary probably has one of the best kicking games(maybe not as good as Taylor), has a pretty good running game. I feel he would be perfect for Milf, as Cleary would control the game and straighten the attack before dishing it off to milf to run freely. Another plus is his goal kicking, the best in the league I think.

In response to one of the previous comments about the Panthers being better with Moylan, I disagree. Just watch the game where he scored three tries and the other games where he had more control of the team.

PS: this all could be bias as he is in my Fantasy Team

I actually think we have two turnstiles already (not counting the rest of backline that aren't halves). There are times I feel sorry for the likes of glen and gillet and their extra attention in defence. If we are comparing Taylor to Milford and knik, defence should be taken out of the equation. I think a better angle to look at Taylor with regard to his value is what we can get with what we would pay for him and who we would lose. I thought it would be fairly easy to fit him in with hunt going until we signed bird. Thaiday might cover some of the cost, but it will take more. Who are we prepared to let go?

Taylor looks like he is carrying a bit of extra weight, he looks a bit chubby. Do you see those cheeks?

Do we really want a chubby player?

We'll have the fattest and slowest halves pairing in the comp.

Personally, I would prefer Cleary over Taylor and it was probably helped by Taylor's spray. Cleary probably has one of the best kicking games(maybe not as good as Taylor), has a pretty good running game. I feel he would be perfect for Milf, as Cleary would control the game and straighten the attack before dishing it off to milf to run freely. Another plus is his goal kicking, the best in the league I think.

In response to one of the previous comments about the Panthers being better with Moylan, I disagree. Just watch the game where he scored three tries and the other games where he had more control of the team.

PS: this all could be bias as he is in my Fantasy Team

Cleary wont be leaving the panthers if he does it will be to be coached by his dad

Taylor looks like he is carrying a bit of extra weight, he looks a bit chubby. Do you see those cheeks?

Do we really want a chubby player?

Ashwee taywor looks like a man baby with those cheeks.

Yeah Cleary isn't as good as every makes out for him to be. I think people often think just because he is a gun goal kicker is the elite halfback but its not really the case. The panthers have struggled this year and they only really got going this year when Moylan made the move to the halves and started to take control of the teams attack. (plus helped by the run of easy games they had because they had the softest draw of everyone in the comp) Of the panthers wins this year, only one win has been against top 8 oppositions (which was 3 weeks ago the manly game). The panthers and Cleary aren't as good as people make them out to be. They are just beating bottom 8 sides on their big run.

Panthers also have one of the worst coaches in the competition to be honest.

Simply saying that anyone who uses Taylor's defensive issues as a primary arguing point that he's not a a good player is verging on delusional, very few halves in the comp can be considered as good defenders, I think it's comfortably the least important aspect of a halves game. Look at Maloney, far and away the worst defender in the NRL and he won the comp last year.

The criticism of his running game is warranted, no doubt, but I've seen enough out of him over the last 2 years to feel confident that he'll get there as a double threat.

Getting toxic here. What about the ashnostics? Where do they stand? Having said that would love to have him back at a fair price. Not 1.2 million (1/7 of cap) non-sense unless you are JT or Smith. Good halfback who shows huge promise especially if coached right and assuming he is humble enough to take direction - maybe 1/12 of your cap. 750 a year + TPAs could get him up 900 odd, maybe more if he kills it and works on his on screen personality. Better chance of Origin and Aus with us so that is good pay incentive if plays well in a good team. But in the end you are worth what the biggest moron is willing to pay so say hello Newcastle or Titans board and a Bird in the hand ... (Bennett can tell us the rest).

I find it really helpful to think of salary as fraction or percentage of projected cap. He is good but not worth having to take 4 of 30 on minimum wage to accomodate him yet.

I think he is a decent player and potentially has a great future ahead of him. But we shouldn't be throwing crazy money at him. If he wants to come back on reasonable coin great, if not, we should look elsewhere.

This argument is starting to remind me of the Cherry-Evans days where it was pronounced how doomed we would be if we didn't sign him.

At the end of the day, there is always another player to fill the hole...

Ash looks like he will be a star of the future, but he isn't yet, and isn't guaranteed to become one

For that reason, and because we already have Milford, Bird and Boyd on higher end money, we can and should only offer him a mid level contract

And if Ash thinks he is worth a mill, take a look at Cleary's contract for a reality check

Bottom line, if he wants to compete in the top 8 every year, and play for a professional organisation that will enhance his Origin credentials, he will sign for the Broncos

He will make less money, but the focus shouldn't be about "less" it should be about "enough"

Even on a mid-tier contract he will bring in $5 mill over the next ten years and with wise investments that's all you need, and he can sit in his nice home smiling at the origin jerseys on the wall and premiership ring on his finger

Or, he can be Ca$h Taylor, sitting in his mansion in 10 years time, regretting not playing finals football

I know what choice I would make

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Locky24
  • jd87
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Nerd
  • Strop
  • Skathen
  • Stix
  • Alec
  • Bucking Beads
  • Battler
  • Xzei
  • Mister Wright
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.