Could Bennett take Taylor from Titans?

Agreed, and in reality, there's a $90 000 bonus annually if you play origin and I don't even know how much extra for playing for Australia. By taking less at a successful club, there's every chance you'll make more through rep hours and endorsements.
I think it's 30k per rep match, Aus included.
And I think those match payments go into a super fund of sorts that can be accessed by the player when they retire.

Seem to recall Mason claiming all his outstanding rep payments when he left to play French Rugby.

Even better, the money can't all be squandered on horses and grog.
I think it's designed for that purpose alone lol. So the players have something to fall back on after they've (likely) blown their career earnings.

I thought the players could do something similar with their club earnings. Like because their playing career is short they can sacrifice large amounts in to their super and then when they "retire", they can access it at a lower tax rate.

That's why the Super League used to be so enticing. They could have their contracts paid in to an account in any of the countries that participated, and one of those had a super low tax rate for super. So they'd all get it put in as a salary sacrifice to an account from that country, pre-tax, and when they "retired" to come back home they could draw it down with minimal tax.

Imagine with all the bs on the coast that wayne saving money to bring ash here in 2018

Imagine with all the bs on the coast that wayne saving money to bring ash here in 2018
Except that there is this certain thing in place called the salary cap aka celery cap on some fb groups. You can't save what you don't have.

Except that there is this certain thing in place called the salary cap aka celery cap on some fb groups. You can't save what you don't have.
This.

We also can't entice him to break his Titans 2018 contract ...

What threat? That he chooses to play out his contract and then move? What a... ****?
I won't re-sign if you don't sack the coach, sounds like a threat to me.

I won't resign if you don't sack the coach, sounds like a threat to me.

Can you blame him its a total mess there and he wants to play somwhere stable and can help his career not ruin it

I think Taylor is on his way back here anyways. Stability is a big thing for players these days and when you are progressing through junior development, you need stability in the club you are at. Look at the Tigers and how their instability has cause serious regression on some of their juniors. Moses is only really finding his feet now he is away from the joint and I think Tedesco is going to literally explode next year at the Roosters and win the dally m.

I think Taylor is on his way back here anyways. Stability is a big thing for players these days and when you are progressing through junior development, you need stability in the club you are at. Look at the Tigers and how their instability has cause serious regression on some of their juniors. Moses is only really finding his feet now he is away from the joint and I think Tedesco is going to literally explode next year at the Roosters and win the dally m.
Literally explode? That will definitely make the highlight reels. Won't be winning the Dally M if he does.

Badel knows sweet **** all anyway. He's got the same strike rate as Slothfield or Tony 'things change bro' Adams.

Still remember Taylor yelling at a player for not chasing his abysmal grubber kick. Dunno if the rumours or true or anything, but he seems like he has a bit of an ego already.

Still remember Taylor yelling at a player for not chasing his abysmal grubber kick. Dunno if the rumours or true or anything, but he seems like he has a bit of an ego already.

Over the last week or 2 pretty much any news footage you see of Jarryd Hayne there'll be a puppy eyed ash Taylor shadowing him.

Anything that can be used to bag Ash Taylor, won't go to waste. Who cares if it's accurate?

If this was said about a Broncos player or Wayne Bennett, everyone would be up in arms about the journos lack of ethics and how they make stories up...

I really don't think that is true. I am a massive fan of Ash and have said many times I want him here. As I said though, if this was true I would change my mind about that. IF.

Why does everyone get so touchy about Ash Taylor FFS.

I really don't think that is true. I am a massive fan of Ash and have said many times I want him here. As I said though, if this was true I would change my mind about that. IF.

Why does everyone get so touchy about Ash Taylor FFS.

I think it's more the double standards than the player in question.

Can't wait to see that.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • leon.bott
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.