Dave Taylor V Matt Gillett

Dave Taylor V Matt Gillett?

• Total voters
simmo77

simmo77

QCup Player
Aug 3, 2009
Ok so I was watching today's game (manly game) and was marveling in Matt Gillett's awesomeness and wondered who everyone would choose if given the choice between Taylor and Gillett? Can be on current form or history and the way I see it, Dave plays best out wide in the 2nd row and so does Matt. Thoughts?

Well, Dave spent a fair amount of time with us either playing in the QCup, or just playing badly. Only really came good at the end of last season.

Gillett hasn't played a bad game.. yet.

At this stage in their careers, I think Gillett has it all over Taylor. The minutes he is able to play and the level of involvement that he has. He seems more capable of doing the tough stuff in tight than Taylor and is Taylor's equal or better in the wide running forward role. I think he has better ball skills as well.

Both are awesome IMO. Gillett will hit his potential more often and probably be the better all round player. Taylor on the other hand is just an excitment machine when hot, it is a shame he isn't always hot like Gillett. I marvel at Taylors talents with ball in hand for such a big unit.

Gillett, every single day of the week.

Gillet does the tough work up the middle and makes a lot more "crucial" tackles. Even when we are playing bad Gillet stands out. Only thing is he is a bit kick happy close to the line especially today when he kicked on the third.

Taylor plays well when the team is going well. IMO doesnt do the hard stuff enough and is just to happy to sit out wide and look good.

Given the amount of games Gillet has plaved vs Taylors games IMO Gillet has showed a lot more and a lot more tougher too.

Gillett by a long mile.

Although Taylor may have a slight upper hand in attack, Gillett is 3 times better in defense and is way more mobile too, despite being himself a pretty big unit. He'll be in Origin within 2 years IMO.

Who voted Taylor, please identify yourselves.

The Rock said:
audragon said:
Gillett by a long mile.

Although Taylor may have a slight upper hand in attack, Gillett is 3 times better in defense and is way more mobile too, despite being himself a pretty big unit. He'll be in Origin within 2 years IMO.

Dunno if Taylor had the upper hand in attack. Gillett always seems to find the try line and get through the line.
Gillett is way better, in every single department.
He is a consistent machine since DEBUT unlike Taylor, few games good few games MIA.
Gillett is bloody awesome in attack, agile, strong, makes plenty of line breaks, sets up other players.

Seriously sign Gillett for life+more!
He's going to be in the God ranks if he keeps up his awesomeness, I have a God substitute now while Hodges is injured, his name is Gillett.

It's been a very long time since a player has debuted and been as awesome as him for the Broncos, maybe Hunt was the last player to debut and be awesome every game since.

I think they play a similar role in a game. Both have that x-factor running wide.

I give the edge to Gillett because he actually has petrol in his tank and can play more than 5 minutes at an intense level.

gotta sign Gillett as long as possible, a contract with incentives/increased scale when he becomes origin level playeretc........no one else i'd rather secure for 4-5years...

You're right Coxy. Dave Taylor can't run fast for too long and I think Gillett is just as strong as Dave at the line.

shadow said:
gotta sign Gillett as long as possible, a contract with incentives/increased scale when he becomes origin level playeretc........no one else i'd rather secure for 4-5years...

Does anyone know if Gillet is signed with us for next year ect? I've got a feeling that some of Folau's cash could be heading towards Gillet in a big way!!!

Anybody got any news on him signing with us??? herd somebody mention he knocked back the Roosters to stay with the Broncos, if that is the case then he wants to be a Broncos lets sign him up for life. What a player

tkday said:
You're right Coxy. Dave Taylor can't run fast for too long and I think Gillett is just as strong as Dave at the line.

Well maybe just as strong, but Dave's bigger size means he's harder to hold out at the line.

I think someone in the forums said he was signed for two years. Next year being his second. So they only need to resign him towards the end of next year.

tkday said:
I think someone in the forums said he was signed for two years. Next year being his second. So they only need to resign him towards the end of next year.

And I reckon by then he could well be an Origin player.

Coxy said:
tkday said:

And I reckon by then he could well be an Origin player.
Might be smart to renegociate his contract earlier (if at all possible) then...

I was thinking the same thing, but I think in the end it's always better to wait for the end of their contract. Just in case they turn out to have a bad season and you can sign them for less or not sign at all. Chances of that happening with Gillett is pretty slim, but not impossible I guess. But then again, what do I know about running an NRL club :)

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.