Dave Taylor V Matt Gillett

Dave Taylor V Matt Gillett?

• Total voters
C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
tkday said:
I was thinking the same thing, but I think in the end it's always better to wait for the end of their contract. Just in case they turn out to have a bad season and you can sign them for less or not sign at all. Chances of that happening with Gillett is pretty slim, but not impossible I guess. But then again, what do I know about running an NRL club :)

Plus other clubs can start talking to him from November 1 this year about coming to them in 2012.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
I would be getting him signed up to a one year extension now, and then if he progresses towards the end of next year signing him to a further 2-3 year contract (if Bruno dies, moves or otherwise is replaced and I am made king)

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
He does have a new contract ready to be signed ;) He knocked back one from both the Roosters and the Sharks. Both twice what he is on now.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I think he's friends with him on FB.

S

sydney_bronco09

NYC Player
Apr 24, 2008
gillett is on about 200,000 less that what taylors on. so gillett it is haha!

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
7 people have voted for Taylor no one has posted and said it.... c'mon who was it.

I'm really keen to know what people think Taylor has over Gillett, IMO Gillet does everything at least as good but can go for the whole game not 3-4 minutes at a time. His last ditch tackle on that Titans player Taylor would have never done that. Reminds me of Hodges how he never gives up even when the team is playing shit and is always trying stuff.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
I gave it to Taylor just over Gillett. Gillett is still to hit a form slump and come out the other side. I don't think it will be a problem but you don't know till it happens.
Also Taylor needed to get out of his comfort zone of the Broncs, now he is playing more minutes and looking far more comfortable and switched on also looks fitter this year.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
I'd love to see them both in the same team. Atm I think Gillett has it on Taylor, but that's not to say with a bit of hard work Taylor can't be equal or even better.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
I would go with Gillett mainly because he would be on half of what Taylor is at the moment and Gillett still has improvement in him IMO. Also the fact that Gillett is more versatile, is much fitter and able to play the 80 and also has good ball playing skills helps him out.

W

whatever

BRL Player
Aug 26, 2009
I'll confess, I chose Taylor. In my head, I know Gillett is the better pick for the team. I just used love watching Taylor playing centre in attack, monstering wingers then pulling off wicked cutout passes. Haven't seen enough Rabbitoes games this year though to know whether I still have the love.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I voted for Gillett purely because I think he has the edge over Taylor in versatility.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Eh, too hard to tell at the moment. Neither player has proven themselves over a long period of time yet. For Gillett it's only been half a season so far, so I'd like to see how he plays in a year's time.

simmo77

simmo77

QCup Player
Aug 3, 2009
It is hard to compare players at any given time cause there are so many variables. Its a pity Taylor wont be in the bunnies team on sunday as that would have been sweet to watch him playing up here against his old team/crowd and against Gillett. Dave has been playing quite well for the bunnies imo....picked up from where he left off at Brisbane.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
I went with the best a man can get. Gillett doesn't have as much talent as Taylor but he's really taken his opportunity by the horns unlike while Taylor hasn't really applied himself until recently.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Alec said:
Eh, too hard to tell at the moment. Neither player has proven themselves over a long period of time yet. For Gillett it's only been half a season so far, so I'd like to see how he plays in a year's time.

This is very true. Taylor played the house down in his first half a year in 2007. 2008 he was horrible.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Fozz said:
I went with the best a man can get. Gillett doesn't have as much talent as Taylor but he's really taken his opportunity by the horns unlike while Taylor hasn't really applied himself until recently.

I wouldn't say that. Gillett has decent speed and footwork for his size, a good offload, solid defence, some ball playing skills and is much more versatile and fit. Where as Taylor just has a lot of skill for such a big bloke.

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
I voted Taylor too - as mentioned he's had his ups and downs, and look at him now, he's made his way into the Origin side, he's devastating in his position and a game breaker as we saw last year - I picked it on who I'd rather not be playing against us and right now, I'd much rather not have to defend against Taylor then Gillett

BTW - I really like Gillett, but as I said, Taylor is just a damn wrecking ball

Active Now

• Alec
  • kat00
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  • broncsgoat
  • Strop
  • lakers133334
  • Spoon
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.