NEWS Dodgy Deal: Broncos accused of deception by Schoolboys captain

I think this kid is bending the truth a little, perhaps remembering things incorrectly.

I'm willing to bet he didn't get told he would definitely be in the top 30 and be given the 6 jersey. Perhaps told if all goes well, he could be moved into the top 30 and with his excitement he's misinterpreted what was said.

I think this kid is bending the truth a little, perhaps remembering things incorrectly.

I'm willing to bet he didn't get told he would definitely be in the top 30 and be given the 6 jersey. Perhaps told if all goes well, he could be moved into the top 30 and with his excitement he's misinterpreted what was said.

Also it was a tuna sandwich, not chicken.

EVERYTHING about this story is suss. Having to sign a 60 page contract within a day of receiving it. The club losing the letter. The notion he'd be guaranteed Top 30 so soon. But most of all, the "too much water under the bridge" bit, which suggests he wants to get out of the contract to go elsewhere more than he wants to navigate a normal pathway into the senior team.

Yup, totally agree with this. With Walkers fiasco still fresh, I wouldn’t think the club would let this happen 2nd time especially when it’s evident this kid is good. Also, with Ikin in charge of list management, I strongly think there’s more to this story than what’s been in public now.
It all leads me to think that the new agent is throwing the darts in the dark hoping that every dart being thrown is hitting the bullseye. The only fact he’s not realizing is - he’s deliberately making the kid look a big sook.

“It was not until June this year – shortly after Karl and his family engaged a new player manager – that we received a request for a substantial upgrade to his three-year contract which had not even begun.

In other words, the new manager wanted his 10%.

Now, if the dodgy agent still wants be a dick, then so be it. We, the club holds all the cards and don’t need to budge on these silly soap operas.

On this note, I am happy that everything that has gone wrong in the past is being corrected for good.

Samoan, Kiwi, who gives a shit either way. Hardly reason for a little shit fight.

I think it's time to let it go.

I made simple statement that was 100% correct, you can't change where you were born, and I said he was born in New Zealand.

To be accused of being a racist is highly offensive. I did nothing wrong or argumentative.

In all honesty, given what transpired from R15 (which coincided with the new dumbass Carl’s agent coming aboard), I am starting to think that Kevvie didn’t do anything deliberately to not to meet this kid but rather he has the season to worry about. So, he’s not at all in fault here rather, it’s the new agent undermining the club & Kev for $’s.

On the contrary, Kev should take a note of this and going forward, he should make sure that he makes time to meet these promising academy kids and make them feel welcomed & inspired with some pep talks.

All in all, we’re sweet here & nothing to look at. Let this b.s soap opera continue after all, it’s the Broncos and no preseason gets by without some drama.

Sack Kevvie now! Same people wrong again.
If Kevvie - as you claimed - could not find time to meet this promising kid, and if it were something the club promised would happen, then it does not reflect well on him, or those involved. The truth will be out there, but I'm certain it is not how you described it: the coach is too busy to be bothered with children.

This appears to be following a similar boilerplate to the Haas fiasco.

In all honesty, given what transpired from R15 (which coincided with the new dumbass Carl’s agent coming aboard), I am starting to think that Kevvie didn’t do anything deliberately to not to meet this kid but rather he has the season to worry about. So, he’s not at all in fault here rather, it’s the new agent’s script undermining the club & Kev.

On the contrary, Kev should take a note of this and going forward, he should make sure that he makes time to meet these promising academy kids and make them feel welcomed & inspired with some pep talks.

All in all, we’re sweet here & nothing to look at. Let this b.s soap opera continue after all, it’s the Broncos and no preseason gets by without some drama.
I wouldn't know, but if I were Kevvie and I got wind that Wayne was sniffing after one of the most promising up and comers on our books for some time, I'd be getting myself in front of the kid with my best bunch of sweet talk.

I wouldn't know, but if I were Kevvie and I got wind that Wayne was sniffing after one of the most promising up and comers on our books for some time, I'd be getting myself in front of the kid with my best bunch of sweet talk.
Yup, totally agree. That old man in Wayne knows all the tricks in the game.

Unread

Active Now

• Brocko
  • ChewThePhatt
  • blacknwhite
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.