NEWS Dodgy Deal: Broncos accused of deception by Schoolboys captain

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Badel has patchworked this story from various sources, and added this:
"As revealed by News Corp, Brisbane were in danger of losing Oloapu in the face of a mega poaching bid from the Dolphins, who had offered twice as much as the Broncos to lure the Redcliffe junior back home. The Broncos released a statement on Tuesday claiming they had been cleared by NRL salary-cap investigators of any contractual impropriety involving Oloapu, the Australian Schoolboys captain."​
"Reports suggest Oloapu wants out of his three-year deal and is refusing to attend Broncos training, claiming he has been mistreated by Brisbane. But an NRL probe found the Broncos contract, registered earlier this year with League Central, was signed by the Oloapu camp in good faith, meaning the teenager faces sitting out for three years if he refuses to return to Brisbane training."​
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stick to your guns and sit out 3 years hahaha

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Badel has patchworked this story from various sources, and added this:
"As revealed by News Corp, Brisbane were in danger of losing Oloapu in the face of a mega poaching bid from the Dolphins, who had offered twice as much as the Broncos to lure the Redcliffe junior back home. The Broncos released a statement on Tuesday claiming they had been cleared by NRL salary-cap investigators of any contractual impropriety involving Oloapu, the Australian Schoolboys captain."​
"Reports suggest Oloapu wants out of his three-year deal and is refusing to attend Broncos training, claiming he has been mistreated by Brisbane. But an NRL probe found the Broncos contract, registered earlier this year with League Central, was signed by the Oloapu camp in good faith, meaning the teenager faces sitting out for three years if he refuses to return to Brisbane training."​
Clearly the chicken sandwich got our deal over the line…

Is it weird, I want one now? 🤣

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Can see the headlines now 'something fowl at redhill'
Indeed. I want to know more about this whole saga.

Was this sandwich on the cap, or is it an example of an unregistered 3rd party deal?

Who is supplying BBL Ltd these chicken sandwiches? Are they registered 3rd parties?

Did “Jo” get a sandwich as well or did they have to split?

So many unanswered questions….

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Also, family sacks manager the day before signing the contract? Could be a sign that the family are at least part of the trouble. Sack the agent so they don't pay a commission. Better offer comes in, they don't know how to negotiate a release, end up having to get another agent to do it for them, still denied, they go sob story.

Probably a lesson for player agents out there too that this family is happy to cut and run when there's a chance for a cash grab.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
There's a reason I used the words future stars.

If Kev doesn't have the time to meet 17 year old kids we rate highly enough to be handing 3 year deals too, he's in the wrong job.
Every **** seems to be a future star these days. Honestly don’t play him a single minute but he honours his contract on the sidelines. I’m so over these kids.

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
I hope the appeal is successful, you can't be tampering, otherwise what is the point of the contract

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The broncos insured they had these highly touted kids signed long term to avoid the phins poaching them when they came into the comp. The club has done everything right, and for what? This bush league is eventually going to have to decide if it’s a professional competition or not.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
**** him.

If he doesn't show up to training then surely we wouldn't have to pay him (not that he would be on too much anyway)

he literally has no leg to stand on ... either show up to training or he delays his career 3 years, then has to hope someone takes a chance on him.

one of the articles talked about him going to Super League or over seas Union in the mean time ... but those aren't actual options for him. I'm not sure if he would even be permitted to play for a QLD/NSW Cup club unless we permit him to.

Super League will 100% stop him breaking an NRL contract to play in their comp ... the flood gates would open as NRL clubs pinch their best players without worrying about contracts or transfer fees.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
How do you even know Kevvie was told? Academy sign a year 11 up and say you'll get to work with Kevvie- they could have got outside that meeting and never even told him.

Kevvie can't micromanage every 13-year-old through to Reynolds. That's why you have people in those positions who you meet with, and they communicate that to you.

Going off based on the word of an angry 17-year-old is a bit rash in my opinion.
Exactly. How do we even know what he is saying is true. He clearly wants out to get a better deal offered to him so he is going to the papers to say how awful we are in the hope that sympathy will get him released for his own good.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Exactly. How do we even know what he is saying is true. He clearly wants out to get a better deal offered to him so he is going to the papers to say how awful we are in the hope that sympathy will get him released for his own good.

sounds like he is also using the tried and true method of forcing the club to terminate his contract (wether that is by refusing to show up to training, or bringing the club into disrepute) ... knowing the NRL won't stop him immediately signing a contract with the Phins.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
i assume if he doesn't turn up to training, he doesn't get paid?

might have to go work at maccas for a bit? lol

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Ouch
Hmmm a new manager and an entitled player going to the media to try and get out of a contract to get himself a pay day and his manager a cut, where have I seen this before…

Unread

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Jedhead
  • Big Del
  • Swordfish
  • broncos4life
  • Manofoneway
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.