FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

I understand it's for a larger offer but I don't understand why you would accept the deal at this point 3 days out from the start of the season
Gotta be because its his last year on current deal. They've just finally got to a point where Levy finally said yes I guess.

If they (spurs) have an incling he does want to go, they bank buckets of cash before he goes for free.

Leaves them unbelievably short on the eve of the season though.

Gotta be because its his last year on current deal. They've just finally got to a point where Levy finally said yes I guess.

If they (spurs) have an incling he does want to go, they bank buckets of cash before he goes for free.

Leaves them unbelievably short on the eve of the season though.
That's true, but it comprises the season so much more than its worth

Richarlison as their main striker for wk 2 rather than Kane would be nice though

Wow Kane is finally leaving. He'll brain it playing for Bayern.

I think tbh everyone else is playing for 2nd place. Citeh have again just made themselves better with some smart transfers.
Maybe so. But I think Gundogan is a huge loss for City. He was the heart of their midfield, and I don't think he will be easily replaced, regardless of who they put in there.

Fred gone.

From my understanding, they still need another sale before they can sign Amrabat.

Liverpool in for Caicedo. $115m Euro bid has apparently been made.

Not at all. Its not like i'm saying he's been poor, but you dont go to Barcelona if a lot isnt expected of you and so far being solid is as good as its got for him. If he was performing he would still be at Barca. The ability is there, but he's coasting for me. He's capable of being a lot better. He wont get away with that in the Premier league though. Tapsoba is probably the better option of the two really at this moment in time, but both would be good signings for United.
That happens so often though. So many reasons why a young player might not adapt at a big club like Barca. He barely even got a chance there either, Barca picked him up on a free (no doubt promising him the world and offering huge wages) then immediately loaned him out. He wasn't getting back in once they signed Aruajo the next season. He was effectively a pawn to navigate FFP.

My point was less about what he's done so far and more about him not even being near the prime of his career. He's 23yo so you'd expect his best football is to come.

Whichever of the three United end up signing will have to be content to wait their turn behind Varane. Should get opportunities with his injury record but even still there's no guarantee of regular starts, that may not be of interest to guys like Todibo and Tapsoba who need to be playing regularly for their development.

I think Pavard makes the most sense as his preference is to play CB but he can also cover RB, a position United are still weak. The wages won't be pretty but he's got great versatility and experience for their squad.

Chelsea have triggered release clause for Tyler Adams from Leeds. $20m Euro.

Great signing for them at the price. He's underrated and addresses a position they need to get bodies in. Remains to be seen if he plays any sort of meaningful minutes but gives them some handy depth and will have sell on value.

The Lavia/Caicedo situation is heating up with bids on the table. Liverpool and Chelsea sniffing around both in what appears to be a bit of a dick measuring contest - Southampton and Brighton will be loving it. Safe to say they'll both be on the move to one club each it's really just a question of who goes where.

Maybe so. But I think Gundogan is a huge loss for City. He was the heart of their midfield, and I don't think he will be easily replaced, regardless of who they put in there.
I think Kovacic for 25 million is brilliant business by them. I can't see them missing a beat and they have also improved their defence with Gvardiol.

I think Kovacic for 25 million is brilliant business by them. I can't see them missing a beat and they have also improved their defence with Gvardiol.
Mahrez is the biggest loss imo. He was pretty much nailed on for over 10 G+A every season. Foden/Silva can do a job there just not to the same level. City will buy another winger but Mahrez isn't easily replaceable.

Gvardiol is a huge signing for their defence. Upgrade on Ake and has a huge future. I think Pep will hold off on throwing him in for the first half the season, it will take some time to adapt to the league the style of play (albeit he'll have the right tools coming from Leipzig). Ake, Walker and Akanji can all cover anyway and Rico Lewis will be expecting minutes.

Kovacic will do what it says on the tin. I think the big difference is he really isn't the same level of finisher that Gundo was, not many other 8's are. They'll have to compensate for those goals elsewhere. Will be interesting to see Pep mould him into that role and if he's got the game intelligence to get into the same positions - no doubt he's got other strengths that will make up for any deficiencies anyway. His press resistance and work in tight spaces is one of the best I have ever seen.

Kane on his way to Munich for a medical.

Everything agreed and here we go!

Fab is pretty reliable when it comes to transfer news.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Maddy
  • Griffo
  • whykickamoocow
  • I bleed Maroon
  • heartly87
  • Xzei
  • Yem
  • Splinter
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  • mystico
  • theshed
  • Fitzy
  • BruiserMk1
  • BroncosAlways
  • Porthoz
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.