Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Roberts

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
badyon

badyon

QCup Player
Feb 8, 2014
I still like that little half running around the back organising all the troops.

Works his guts out.

Deadset champion.

allan-langer-300-300.jpeg

N

Number6

QCup Player
May 21, 2016
Sammy was my favourite for a long time, but last year he was replaced by TPJ. The man is magnificent.

Loved Sammy in his hay day. If he retired a year or two ago would still be speaking love for the man. At this point he can f*** off!

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Well...there's an idea, favourite by position, not necessarily best:

1. Hodges
2. Tuqiri
3. Renouf
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Langer
8. Webcke
9. Berrigan
10. Civoniceva
11. Tallis
12. Thorn
13. Parker

14. KNik
15. TPJ
16. McGuire
17. Carroll

Last edited:
S

Spoon

QCup Player
May 24, 2015
Wow Sproj, Hodges is so good he plays 2 positions?

Dee

Dee

QCup Player
Apr 30, 2010
Alfie Langer was the reason I started watching rugby league and the Broncos in the early 90's. Hands down, for me, it has to be the little master.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Wow Sproj, Hodges is so good he plays 2 positions?

Yes. Please let me explain, I picked that side basically on players I’ve seen in relative positions. For me, Hodges is the best Centre the Broncs ever had and that’s saying something but there is also a massive reason why the Broncs won in ‘06 with him at fb. He could have been one of the greatest fullbacks of all time, it is a testament to him about how good he made the centre position as well. I loved watching him in both spots and so this is based on who I loved to watch and where. :)

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Loved Sammy in his hay day. If he retired a year or two ago would still be speaking love for the man. At this point he can f*** off!
I know, right. My favourite Bronco before Sammy for the LONGEST time was Tonie Carroll. The the fact that Sammy somehow got in front of Tunza speaks volumes for how good he was playing at the time. But now...just go to Nova ffs.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008

1. Lockyer
2. Michael Hancock
3. Renouf
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh (I loved him, yes I did, more than Sailor or Tuqiri, yes I loved him - an ode to Yowie)
6. Walters (was my favourite player for a very long time, imagine if Milf could have him in the halves!!)
7. Langer
8. Webcke
9. Berrigan
10. Civoniceva
11. Tallis
12. Thorn
13. Carroll

14. Karmichael Hunt
15. Gillmeister
16. John Plath
17. Corey Parker

18. TPJ - a bit sad that no current Broncos can crack my favourite all time team. Although if TPJ, Gillett, McGuire, Oates and Milf can win a premiership for us they might get a look in.

roo-ted

roo-ted

NRL Player
Oct 8, 2017
18. TPJ - a bit sad that no current Broncos can crack my favourite all time team. Although if TPJ, Gillett, McGuire, Oates and Milf can win a premiership for us they might get a look in.

I'd give TPJ Parker's place personally.
I reckon it's awesome we have a new Cult hero at the Broncs, all the old fellas that have made this club great are all but done. I always use to wonder what would happen when they hung up the boots, looks like TPJ has the batten now! If Offa can get going and Lodge sticks around we could have a pack for the ages

Rellum

Rellum

BRL Player
Sep 30, 2016
Quick play the balls are king in the nrl. It's no coincidence TPJ's game has improved since he put the offload away a little. His runs are now skittling the defence but teams cant fall to sleep on the offload because he can throw them from anywhere

Quality of offload is the key rather a lot of them, commiting 4 defenders with a quick PTB is worth a hell of a lot more to us then a 2 metre gain and another player used from an offload....
Quick play the ball are not the key. Offloads that create broken play are. Quick play the balls just lead to more hit ups most of the time. More offloads, especially one on ones multiple times lead to more points.

N

Number6

QCup Player
May 21, 2016

1. Hodges
2. Tuqiri
3. Renouf
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Langer
8. Webcke
9. Berrigan
10. Civoniceva
11. Tallis
12. Thorn
13. Parker

14. KNik
15. TPJ
16. McGuire
17. Carroll

Love the team. Short a goal kicker (Parker and Lockyer average only) so maybe Mick Devere in centre (Hodges can’t play 2 positions) guy wasn’t a flashy player but if was a Queenslander would have played a lot more origin and been great.

Premature on TPJ for me but could see it in a few years. Gillmiester on bench. Maybe Kerrod Walters as hooker was a good servant? And Berrigan as supersub instead of KNik? Or Johnny Plath was a great 14th man. Kevvie Walters as 18th man. Feels rough to leave him out.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
My team of favourites:

1- Lockyer
2- Folau
3- Renouf
4- Hodgo
5- Yow Yeh
6- Walters
7- Alfie
8- Webke
9- Berrigan
10- Civo
11- Tallis
12- Gillo
13- Carroll

14- Milf
15- Thorn
16- Lazarus
17- Parker

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
1 Karmichael Hunt
2 Corey Oates
3 Chris Walker
4 Justin Hodges
5 Wendell Sailor
6 Darren Lockyer
7 Alfie Langer
8 Shane Webcke
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Petero Civoniceva
11 Gorden Tallis
12 Matt Gillett
13 Tonie Carroll

14 Shaun Berrigan
15 Corey Parker
16 Brad Thorn
17 Darren Smith

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Oh man, Darren Smith. What a gun.
I'd give TPJ Parker's place personally.
I reckon it's awesome we have a new Cult hero at the Broncs, all the old fellas that have made this club great are all but done. I always use to wonder what would happen when they hung up the boots, looks like TPJ has the batten now! If Offa can get going and Lodge sticks around we could have a pack for the ages
If TPJ can get us a premiership an become a 10 year player for us I may even consider giving him Tunza's spot, such is my love for him at this early stage. It won't be long before he overtakes Parker, the only reason Parker is still in my team is 2006.

Horseheadsup

Horseheadsup

NRL Player
Mar 21, 2016
Always been a fan of the big boppers. Shane Webbke was my favourite.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Not a single King in this thread, you guys should be ashamed.

1. Darren Lockyer
2. Wendell Sailor
3. Israel Folau
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Wally Lewis
7. Allan Langer
8. Shane Webcke
9. Shaun Berrigan
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Gorden Tallis
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker

14. Tonie Carroll
15. Brad Thorn
16. Glenn Lazarus
17. Trevor Gillmeister

giphy.gif

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Johnny92
  • davidp
  • Lostboy
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
  • MrMoore
  • Tim K
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.