Suncorp Stadium

Friday
Night
19:50

Storm

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember that game in 2015 when we beat the Storm at AAMI Park?

14-12.

That defensive effort was absolutely unbelievable. One of the Broncos greatest ever wins.

If we don't produce that kind of effort in all areas of our game, we won't win.

However, if we do? The hoodoo will be broken and we'll get to the GF.

Can we beat the Panthers? Unfortunately, I don't think so but we've beaten them once this season and anything can happen on the day.

5/8 is Newcastle/Raiders isn't it?

Sure is.

Assuming we beat the Storm, they will then face off against the winner of Sharks/Roosters while the loser of Panthers/Warriors takes on the winner of Knights/Raiders. I've got Storm/Roosters and Warriors/Knights.

Then Broncos take on the winner of Warriors/Knights and Panthers have Storm/Roosters...I've got us and Penrith then going through to the big dance, as we probably should be given the results across the season.

Conversely if we lose on Friday......the run gets infinitely harder with tough games against Sharks/Roosters winner (not so bad) and then we would meet Penrith in the GF qualifier and still have to overcome likely the Storm in the GF.

So there's a hell of a lot riding on Friday night. I'd rather meet Penrith in the GF than the qualifier. We need to put these scum to the sword and I think if we do, we will go all the way (pending injuries). If we lose, all bets are off. We have to win, it's that simple.

Mine just came through, but they only gave me one code.

I’ve got two memberships on my account fuckheads.
I think the one code sent to you will cover all seats associated with your membership :)

Ok... now insert > Law of averages <

snoop lion smoke GIF

You do understand what that means .
Don`t you ?

law of averages;

noun
  1. The principle holding that the relative frequency with which an event occurs in repeated trials will converge to a stable value over time as the number of samples increases.
  2. The statistical tendency toward a fixed proportion in the results when an experiment is repeated a large number of times; the law of large numbers.
  3. An imaginary or perceived "law" of probabilities which is wrongly used to predict results in the short-term.

Re: Oates
Most people are missing one consideration, and that is that while Oates makes good meters early coming out of our half, he is outside Herbert J. Farnsworth who does not pass him the ball. Herbie does, however, seem to pass it to Jesse...

I revealed this a looong time ago .
When they want to give the ball to Oates , Herbert runs a dummy line and Capewell passes to Oates .

Also queried if Herbert trusts Oates to be there when required or if he can put the ball over the line . Seen a few occasions this season where Arthars scored with pace and anticipation that I doubt Oates would have scored .

Sure is.

Assuming we beat the Storm, they will then face off against the winner of Sharks/Roosters while the loser of Panthers/Warriors takes on the winner of Knights/Raiders. I've got Storm/Roosters and Warriors/Knights.

Then Broncos take on the winner of Warriors/Knights and Panthers have Storm/Roosters...I've got us and Penrith then going through to the big dance, as we probably should be given the results across the season.

Conversely if we lose on Friday......the run gets infinitely harder with tough games against Sharks/Roosters winner (not so bad) and then we would meet Penrith in the GF qualifier and still have to overcome likely the Storm in the GF.

So there's a hell of a lot riding on Friday night. I'd rather meet Penrith in the GF than the qualifier. We need to put these scum to the sword and I think if we do, we will go all the way (pending injuries). If we lose, all bets are off. We have to win, it's that simple.
Spot on, this 👆 is exactly how I see it.

We win on Friday, we are a 95% chance in the big dance.
We lose, that drops to a 50/50 chance of even getting there.

It's a bit hard for Herbie to pass to Oates when Oates isn't on the field.

Oates scored 20 odd tries last year outside of Herbie
Straw Man !
How many tries did he score from passes by Herbie . Mr Stats ?

Sure is.

Yep that explains it. Thanks
Also agree we have to win this Friday night or it’s a very tough road ahead.

Well no he didn’t score 20 tries outside of Herbie because Herbie didn’t play again after Round 14.

He scored 10. One of those from a Herbie pass, that’s it.
Thank you !

Remember that game in 2015 when we beat the Storm at AAMI Park?

14-12.

That defensive effort was absolutely unbelievable. One of the Broncos greatest ever wins.

If we don't produce that kind of effort in all areas of our game, we won't win.

However, if we do? The hoodoo will be broken and we'll get to the GF.

Can we beat the Panthers? Unfortunately, I don't think so but we've beaten them once this season and anything can happen on the day.
It's crazy that we have to pull out a performance like that just to beat them in a regular season game when other teams do it much easier at times.

This game is definitely winnable.

Payne and Patty are our keys to winning it... they should dominate the storm pack and we're into the finals now so Kevvie should be looking to play them for long minutes.

We then need to be patient in attack... storm lost their way defensively in the first half of the season, but they are scrambling for everything inside their 20m now, so it won't be easy scoring against them.

We absolutely need to finish our chances. On Thursday when we got a break storm were still on us and stifled a number of our chances... Sailor when it led to the binning, Oates being caught after the line break... they just keep turning up and we need to be ready that there are no slam dunks against the storm.

I can see NAS being the biggest issue for us defensively... I can definitely see Bellamy sitting him out wide on Ezra. He'll probably name him everywhere but second row, but I can see him making some big runs out there.

I never received my code. So if anyone has a spare one they're not using, I'd appreciate it if I could use it

This game is definitely winnable.

Payne and Patty are our keys to winning it... they should dominate the storm pack and we're into the finals now so Kevvie should be looking to play them for long minutes.

We then need to be patient in attack... storm lost their way defensively in the first half of the season, but they are scrambling for everything inside their 20m now, so it won't be easy scoring against them.

We absolutely need to finish our chances. On Thursday when we got a break storm were still on us and stifled a number of our chances... Sailor when it led to the binning, Oates being caught after the line break... they just keep turning up and we need to be ready that there are no slam dunks against the storm.

I can see NAS being the biggest issue for us defensively... I can definitely see Bellamy sitting him out wide on Ezra. He'll probably name him everywhere but second row, but I can see him making some big runs out there.
Five things will help us in beating the storm:
1. Control the ruck, slow it down but within the rules so we do not give away penalties/six agains.
2. Shut down their off-loads. Welch stands there for an age struggling to get the ball out and usually manages to off-load setting up second phase play. Put him and NAS on the ground and stop the off-loads.
3. Be patient, build pressure and cut down on the unforced errors. Don't push the pass and try and score off every opportunity.
4. Good kick pressure.
5. Don't let Munster run, just hit him hard and early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Robboi_321
  • Galah
  • Financeguy
  • Stix
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Broncorob
  • Alec
  • Foordy
  • HVbronco
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Manifesto
  • Spooky1013
  • theshed
  • Morkel
  • BroncosAlways
  • Dash
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Old Mate
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.