Suncorp Stadium

Friday
Night
19:50

Storm

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confident without being arrogant. At the start of the year I looked at our side and thought we should finish top 4. We did that easily.

Really, this is it. This is the test. Storm at Suncorp. Both sides full strength. We're well rested.

Got a good feeling tbh.

2 x Adult tickets
Section 325 (Broncos supporter bay) Row 31
Both tickets for $100
PM me :)

huh? wtf has that got to do with claiming each match is the toss of a coin with previous matches playing no bearing on the outcome?

Are you saying form plays no part? Momentum plays no part? Confidence plays no part? Injuries play no part? Suspensions play no part? Team harmony plays no part?
It really just comes down to luck and a 50/50 chance every game?

You lost me bro.

OK ,,, lets flip 180 degrees .
Every game the Storm wins the more pressure to repeat the task .

Very superstitious writings on the wall .
Very superstitious ladders about to fall
13 month old baby broke the looking glass . 7 years of bad luck . Good things in the past .

13 month old baby broke the looking glass . 7 years of bad luck . Good things in the past .
Yeah it's starting to feel like more pressure on storm at this stage.

The bookies have us as the favourites, but everyone is talking about the hoodoo that storm have over us at Suncorp and that Melbourne should be confident coming into the game.

As is the case in Australia, most teams like the underdog tag and at the moment the media narrative is pushing us towards that... even though the market and form suggest otherwise.

Talk about Broncos potentially coming into the game with mental scarring, etc.

I dont get that sense from the squad at the moment... Patty acknowledged the streak Melbourne have over us, but it didnt come off as a worry, more like motivation for them.

Patty and Reece both indicated no fear of the storm... and I believe them when they say that.

Pressure is on Melbourne to keep the streak going.

It's a good point Del, but i think confidence will always be on the side of the team with the 8 year winning streak.
Breaking that streak will level the playing field, and if anything destroy Melbourne's confidence when playing us.
Man i hope we wreck them come Friday.

tonight show GIF

I don't really buy into the pressure of keeping the streak alive. I don't think there's any pressure at all in fact. I think it's more just when they're in the trenches, they have the belief they can beat us because they've done it so many times before. I don't think in the aforementioned scenario they're thinking oh no we've beaten them 40 times so this time is going to be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.