19:50

Storm

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect Response about the panther ad I got on my instagram
Screenshot_20230905_201833_Instagram.jpg

Here it is, the moment no one was waiting for...the head to head:
I always look forward to your team head to head comparisons!

What about just this year though??

Has Atkins been around for that long... if not then most of the record has been when we've been shit post Bennett 2018
I think McHunt McHunt provided some stats on that somewhere. For us I think it's 1 win and 1 loss. For Melbourne it's like 6 wins and 1 loss.

Only two Storm players I'm really afraid of, Grant and Papy. I just pray it isn't close with 20mins left. If our forwards are tired and Papy comes on we better be on our game because he's going to be like Walsh and burn players with speed.

Pumped for this match. Few drinks on Caxton to relax the nerves and down to the game.

It's about us being ruthless and that's something we've not been good at this year.

I actually think this team have been more ruthless than I can remember seeing the Broncos for a long, long time. We've racked up some big scores along the way this year. Kev has been very vocal saying our best is yet to come and I think I'd agree with him. This team is still building and I have no doubt the past few weeks have seen some new plays practised which will get aired during the finals.

We can smash these fuckers. We have them covered this time. They only won by 8 when we lost Reyno after 15mins, had 3 players sin binned, and the ref was in their pocket all game to the extent he was sacked for the following weekend. We're a better team now than we were then. Sure, they are too, but it's not even close. We'll wipe the floor with them.

I actually think this team have been more ruthless than I can remember seeing the Broncos for a long, long time. We've racked up some big scores along the way this year. Kev has been very vocal saying our best is yet to come and I think I'd agree with him. This team is still building and I have no doubt the past few weeks have seen some new plays practised which will get aired during the finals.

We can smash these fuckers. We have them covered this time. They only won by 8 when we lost Reyno after 15mins, had 3 players sin binned, and the ref was in their pocket all game to the extent he was sacked for the following weekend. We're a better team now than we were then. Sure, they are too, but it's not even close. We'll wipe the floor with them.
I guess when I'm thinking ruthless I'm thinking of Penrith being relentless with their line speed and relentless with their desire to just dominate their opposition in field position and possession... until the opposition is just completely suffocated out of the game... they turn up and play that style at 9/10 every game.

Storm being ruthless is not taking the foot off the throat when they've got their sniff... they're not flat track bullies that beat up on bottom 8 teams. If they get a sniff against anyone they will put them to the sword.

We've had patches of dominant performance in most games, where 10, 20, 30mins is enough to get us the win and/or racking up a score ... but in terms of putting together full 80mins performances where we're just on the whole game and not giving the opposition any hope... I'm thinking some of our best performances this year were rorters and parra at the gabba late in the season and vs manly in magic round. Our back end of the year has been really good as well and were probably our best.

I was concerned about our run home after origin, but we looked comfortable and confident in what they were doing... and done it pretty easily in the end. That's starting to get a feel of ruthlessness to me.

The broncos at their full potential can basically be the best team in the comp. We have probably the best pack in the comp, Reynolds with a top 3 kicking game, Walsh is fucking electric and strike in the backs.

If this team gets that ruthless nature consistently in the same way as penrith currently have, they could be really special.

This game against Melbourne is right there for the taking and if they come out and play like we know they can, then it could be a real turning point for this whole squad.

In my opinion we will win this game and break the hoodoo all because of 2020/21 seasons. In those two seasons we were getting smashed by everyone, left, right and centre. At one point even the tigers put 48 points on us.

So, we have had the mental scars of those 2 seasons and have had to slowly overcome them. Those teams that smashed us in those seasons we have beaten them and have beaten them comfortably. While at times played poorly yet still beat those teams that smashed us previously.

These young broncos that were there during those 2 dark seasons have overcome the mental scars of those days and have smashed those teams that bullied us. Why would they fear Melbourne when they've already overcame the teams that seemed untouchable only a few seasons ago?

Locky was talking on QLDER about the record Storm have against us but then he says "I don't know, I sense something coming".

Wally spoke after that and said he was there for the Broncos training and said it's as good as he's ever seen from them, everyone was humming.

I think with NAS coming off the bench id be tempted to have fleggs on the bench and have him come on the same time with the sole job of going at him every time he geys the ball
I think they will start NAS and Tui is on the bench… we shall see…

I also want to take umbrage at the lie being perpetuated by rugby league media this week.

that lie being that losing last week to the Storm not only cost us the minor premiership, but also the chance to play the Warriors in week 1.

if we beat the Storm last week, then nothing would have changed re: our first week finals opponent. we still would have been playing the Storm. the only way we could have faced the Warriors was to lose last week and have the Warriors beat the Phins
Maybe you should write an angry letter to the Editor. I'm sure the culprit who offended you will be brought to swift justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.