Suncorp Stadium

Friday
Night
19:50

Storm

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
The second one was nothing to do with Oates, really weird example. Maybe could make an argument for the Smith try but even then Oates had no choice but to jam in and that's been their defensive structure all year.

The miss on Paps - being a harsh marker, I think he could have done better, and he looked slow and not particularly agile, but in reality Paps probably steps most wingers there.

I said elsewhere I hope Corey regains his form. Three meat pies next week I reckon should do the trick.

I doubt Piakura would have been sanctioned for the McDonald tackle if he didn't have to come off for an HIA. He clipped him but there wasn't a lot of force in the tackle and you see those types of collisions overlooked all the time.

The tackle on Anderson was worse and on a different day that's a sin-bin. It was very similar to the Valentine Holmes on Mitch Moses tackle, so I'd put that down to the NRL learning their lesson.

That was another good example of game management. Since Klein missed that penalty, he pulls an offside penalty out of his ass. Usually referees plead for players to not get involved, everyone is told all good and then suddenly it's a penalty.

Listening to belly's presser - Grant is carrying a niggle but will be OK, but Hughes is more serious. So much so that they did not fly him up here as they did not want to risk the cabin pressure aggravating the injury further. The sooner we get Paddy and Paino (sic) playing some rib music on him the better. So bring them on week 1 I say.

Tell you what though, Piaks hits pretty hard in general. I reckon having him, Flegs, Hetherington and Carrigan out there would put some fear into opposition packs. Then out wider you've got Staggs as well who pulls off some bell ringers. We are a very scary proposition for other teams to come up against.
Not to mention Mam that can put a hit or 2 on in a game.

Sproj Sproj - You are comparing Arthars out of position to Oates in position. Arthars was just a bit lost in his role, I reckon, plus he was getting average ball from Madden. If Madden had hit him with his intercepted pass and he took it to the FB to send his winger over, I think we would have given him better grades.
Oates did look solid but not exceptional, and losing that speed, jamming in with a centre/half pairing that wasn't covering well made him look mediocre too. But if there is a break, I would trust Arthars to be closer to chasing them down than Oates.

@Everyone else - Please stop replying with long sentences to JayPee, it makes me think that he has said something valid. He has not.

Members pre-sale starts Monday so members will be receiving codes Sunday night.

From my understanding, it's up to 6 tickets each code. I'll have a couple of codes and only plan on buying 3-4 tickets max.

Members pre-sale starts Monday so members will be receiving codes Sunday night.

From my understanding, it's up to 6 tickets each code. I'll have a couple of codes and only plan on buying 3-4 tickets max.
If you hit me up with a code I will make sure a carton comes your way

I read somewhere that regardless of results now, Penrith will be playing on Saturday so I guess we'll be Friday.
Damn, I was hoping we would play Saturday night purely because the one year we are back in the finals and doing well, I'm off to a national conference for my work/profession and the damn official dinner is Friday night. Was going to try and get game tickets too if we were playing saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.