Suncorp Stadium

Friday
Night
19:50

Storm

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly we can beat the storm. Secondly we will beat the storm. Thirdly if 1 and 2 fail we have a second chance. Better to verse the team that has a hoodoo over us when you have a second chance than the team you will walk over (Warriors).

Firstly we can beat the storm. Secondly we will beat the storm. Thirdly if 1 and 2 fail we have a second chance. Better to verse the team that has a hoodoo over us when you have a second chance than the team you will walk over (Warriors).
Agree, we are a better all round football team than the storm. There will be no doubt on Saturday, If we can keep all our players injury free and on the field (no BS sin bins) we will win.

Round 11 this year we lost to the storm by 8 points in Melbourne.
We lost Reynolds 16 minutes into the game and both Herbie and Pat spent 10 minutes in the bin at key moments in the game.
Round 11 was a long time ago but we are a better team since then.
We've got this.

If we win, Melbourne will probably play Penrith for a chance in the Grand Final and they will bash each other.
And we play the winner of Warriors v Knights/Raiders to get in the GF.

Agree, we are a better all round football team than the storm. There will be no doubt on Saturday, If we can keep all our players injury free and on the field (no BS sin bins) we will win.
We’re also a better team away from suncorp.

Guys. You already know how next week goes. 😐

Doomsday Clock GIF by GIPHY News
I can't wait for you to be writing how happy you are to have been wrong.

Coming into this round a loss to the storm followed by playing them again week 1 was my best case scenario. We needed a loss before the finals and if we had won and then had to win again the following week, it's alot tougher mentally. Warriors are one of those teams that can pull out an insane game when they're fired up, especially with that forward pack and I'm glad we aren't playing them.

I expect us to plough through the middle next week and win fairly comfortably.
Im 100% opposite to this.
I don't think we needed a loss at all.
I think if we kept the momentum up with winning, especially against the Storm in the last round before the finals, the confidence that would come off the back of that would be extraordinary.

We would be minor premiers, of which we have never lost a GF when we have secured the MP.
We would have broken the Storm hoodoo around the club.
We would have reclaimed our home ground against the Storm, and when we face them in week one, it would be on the back of the first win against them in 8 years.

100% Warriors are an easier game than the Storm in every single aspect.

I love your optimism, but i cant get behind this at all.

Storm's form throughout the year is irrelevant really.

Papenhuyzen back makes Melbourne a very different beast. Our biggest issue is how easily we can lose the ruck and get put on the back foot. With Grant at dummy half and Paps speed and support play, that's going to be a real danger.

They can tear us apart on the back of that.

Woah, what's with all the doom and gloom? We have a great team and the desire almost has to be there. Walsh would 100% be screaming for a premiership, especially being so close. Herbie and Flegs will see this as their best chance for a while. Reyno will want this before he retires. Sure, he probably wants the 3-peat before he goes. Kevvie knows what being the top team means. Haas just signed for this exact thing. Patty is just used to being a winner, and he just wants to be the best. Seriously, these kids will want it. The whole team will.

If you ask Kevvie, would you prefer to play storm in Melbourne or at Lang Park with a full house backing you - we all know the answer.

That scenario is what we have folks. Our boys are well rested, Reyno should be able to this time play the full 80 minutes. Barring some unusual brain-snap we should have a full compliment of players for the full 80 minutes too.

Kevvie was mighty peeved with the loss on Thursday night during the presser he knows his 3 dummy halves selection was an oversight. He'll be working double, triple overtime to ensure nothing is left to chance this week.

But I think we win this because Paddy and Payne now know what it takes to win big games. The storm will send three and four guys at them every tackle but they both have the stamina to outlast this and it is that battle of attrition where the game will be won and lost.

I'm tipping Billy to also show belly and the grubs that they should have stuck with him by having an absolute MOM performance.

Storm's form throughout the year is irrelevant really.

Papenhuyzen back makes Melbourne a very different beast. Our biggest issue is how easily we can lose the ruck and get put on the back foot. With Grant at dummy half and Paps speed and support play, that's going to be a real danger.

They can tear us apart on the back of that.

With our A team, we’ve barely lost the ruck all year. I see your Paps and Grant and raise you a fully fit Walsh and Mam.

Of course something will happen to even the field somewhat, whether that is refereeing or Storm getting tries that only happen / are allowed once in history but we e got too much fire power.

This will be a tough but ultimately comfortable win.

So confused if it’s going to be Friday or Saturday. Hoping to book a hotel room for the night and avoid the drive back to the coast after the game until the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.