Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
NRL - Finals Week 1
Friday, 9th of September, 2016

Brisbane Broncos 44
defeat
Gold Coast Titans 28

1. Boyd - He was super solid in defense and kick returns but off in attack, weird game. 5
2. Oates - Mead kept trying to knock him off his feet in the air and dropped a certain try. Massive kick returns once again. I just don't get why he is so hot and cold. 6
5. Kahu - Won man of the match, looked gone for all money, came back and was easily best on ground. 9
4. Roberts - He was good, he was ok and he will get suspended. Idiot. 6
19. Pearson - I thought he was once again really good, dropped a high ball but got pushed unfairly. 8
6. Milford - He is so super talented but has to get he has to get his look at the ref play the balls out of his game. 7
Hunt - I really thought he was good tonight, threatened constantly and came up with some big defensive plays. 8
8. McGuire - Played long minutes and was up to his usual high standards. He has become so reliable. 8
9. McCullough - Great service mostly and high defensive workrate. He was also good. 8
10. Blair - Was very energetic and had a couple of errors, typical Blair. 6
11. Thaiday - He has rediscovered his consistency, loving him at the moment. 8
12. Gillett - He was quiet, is clearly injured but so important defensively. 6
13. Parker - Was considerably inconspicuous tonight but still good. 6

14. Wallace - We are going to regret losing him, turned momentum when he came on, fantastic game. 9
15. Panga Jr - He was his usual energetic self when he came on but didn't play too many minutes. 6
16. Arrow - He was on for like five seconds and didn't do a whole lot. 4
17. Glenn - His one-two punch with Wallace off the bench really got us on the front foot. He has been a revelation in the middle third off the bench. 8

Last edited:
Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lll..........................

We're the Broncos
The mighty Broncos
We keep fighting every second till the end

We're the Broncos
The greatest team on earth
We're the heart of all Queensland

Never stop
We never rest
On and on
We beat the best
Never giving up we bleed maroon and gold

For the league
We risk it all
Miles above
We're standing tall
We're the finest and the greatest club of all

We're the Broncos
The mighty Broncos

We breathe in our soul
The best game of all
We are the Broncos of Queensland

Hey!!

I said last week that I had to hope Bennett would have them up for the finals. Well, I have to hope Bennett has them up for the second week of the finals. Actually, I'm hoping they've just played down to the competition the last two weeks, and will lift when they see a genuine threat in front of them.

Sloppy old game in slippery conditions. Broncos definitely got most of the calls, which is unfamiliar territory, but the Titans got some good bounces of the ball - their first and last tries in particular - which if it bounces the other way, it's a different story.

Attack in the red zone still concerns me. They look fine attacking from distance, but give them a tap inside the twenty and they derp it up nine times out of ten. No wonder Bennett has them kick for goal so often. I thought the kick chase was off tonight - no consistency at all, and nothing on the Storm game. Ball handling was a worry too, but in the conditions a little understandable.

Pearson came back from the early (forced) error to have a solid game. Kahu was great, Glenn was great, Thaiday mostly looked good, Wallace and McGuire were really solid. Milford looked dangerous, and when Hunt didn't kick early, he actually put in a couple of decent kicks, some that would have looked better with a better chase. McCullough has some good touches too.

Give us a dry track, cut down the stupid errors, and have that little bit of luck go our way, and we'll look a hell of a lot more dangerous. As pretty as it wasn't, I don't think that tonight is an indication of what this team can - or at least should be able to - produce.

It was a nudge, but slowed down and at 50 different angles it's starting to look more like a kick... He's gone

I'm fairly certain it was intentional, but he was kind of off balance, and the way he jumped back afterwards like he was just trying to balance himself, I think they could argue convincingly that it was accidental. Wouldn't be surprised if he got nothing, wouldn't be surprised if he got a week. The judiciary is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're going to get.

Let's not neglect to give the Titans some credit here.
they never go away, and tonight , under adversity, they were at their spoiling best.

Last edited:
Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lll..........................

We're the Broncos
The mighty Broncos

We're the Broncos
The greatest team on earth
We're the heart of all Queensland

Never stop
We never rest
On and on
We beat the best
Never giving up we bleed maroon and gold

For the league
We risk it all
Miles above
We're standing tall
We're the finest and the greatest club of all

We're the Broncos
The mighty Broncos

We breathe in our soul
The best game of all
We are the Broncos of Queensland

Hey!!

This should be amended. Instead of Queensland it should say Brisbane... Due to us being the Brisbane Broncos and not the Queensland Broncos

Parker headbutt. More controversy. I think Parker was telling James to pack his head into the scrum but didn't need this to come out of tonights game on top of "ALL" the 50/50 calls. (Roberts incident needed review straight away and the Oates contest shouldn't have been a penalty to us).

What wrong with Robert? It's finals times. He got some issues. Oh my god channel nine commentators. I was not getting angry watching the game but listening to commentators was awful tonight. Hunt need big time to step up for next week. Why Milford can't play the ball quickly after the tackle. Kahu, Glenn, Wallace were the best tonight. Our bench were good specially Wallace and Glenn. What happened to gillett. He can't tackle and run the ball tonight.

Parker headbutt. More controversy. I think Parker was telling James to pack his head into the scrum but didn't need this to come out of tonights game on top of "ALL" the 50/50 calls. (Roberts incident needed review straight away and the Oates contest shouldn't have been a penalty to us).

The headbutt was bloody stupid in my opinion and totally intentional.

What wrong with Robert? It's finals times. He got some issues. Oh my god channel nine commentators. I was not getting angry watching the game but listening to commentators was awful tonight. Hunt need big time to step up for next week. Why Milford can't play the ball quickly after the tackle. Kahu, Glenn, Wallace were the best tonight. Our bench were good specially Wallace and Glenn. What happened to gillett. He can't tackle and run the ball tonight.
I think McGuire was our best. Gladiatorial effort.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.