NEWS Former Broncos bash Seibold

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Badel & Meyn in the Courier Mail enlist various household names to sink the boot into the current Broncos coach:

Steve Renouf:
“It’s on the coach now to fix this – the buck stops with him. He wouldn’t like what he is seeing but something needs to be done – that’s an understatement. There is a lot of inexperience and what they don’t do well in big games is respond well to a setback. In the dressing room, what is Seibold saying to them? Who is getting the players up for the game?”

52b786d89a11d9d7fca3a8715b69ba6a

Seibold: fans demand his instant dismissal

Chris Johns:
“It’s time for Anthony Seibold and the squad to stop making excuses. When Wayne Bennett started this club with John Ribot, the first thing they jammed down our throats was this club will never make excuses. We don’t care if the ref rips us off, we don’t care if the league changes the rules to affect us. We don’t blame anyone. We take ownership. We fix our problems."

"I am sick to death of hearing Seibold talk about this young football team. Stop whingeing about it. Anthony, if you don’t want a young football team, flog them off to the other clubs and get an older football team. The first thing the board should do is stop giving coaches five-year contracts and hold people accountable. Their corporate side is outstanding but their football team is a mess and the coach has to fix it. Seibold and everybody at that club is under pressure right now. They all have to aim up."

“It’s not all over. The squad can bounce back. But they should get some desire back and have a crack for the jumper. And there should be a fine system at the club for mentioning the word young. “If you are good enough, you are old enough.”

Imagev1ddfbe3e28a8e3e58ce4d58102d22c6ff sy5tp620bmqs801rds2 t1880

Kevin Walters: waiting by the phone.

Shane Webke:
“It’s going to be a tough year – they’re not going to win anything this year and we all know that. What this is about is the foundation for the future. If you get through these tough years, the advantage you get is that this team will be formidable in four-five years if they keep it together.

“If they go out next week and defend and don’t get blown away on the scoreboard ... it’s incremental improvement you’re looking for. If they take a step forward every week, people will leave them alone. People understand they’re young but they must show they’re learning from that and don’t put their heads in the sand.

“I really don’t want to hear any of these players come out this week and say there were some positives because there was nothing positive about that game. Don’t sugar-coat it. Call it for what it is. It was a disgraceful, inept performance which can happen. I can be forgiving because we’re all part of something like that in our careers. Just don’t replicate it, because if they do that they will lose people.”

Or sack him. Today. Or sooner, if you can find a time machine.

McHunt

Last edited:
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
More pile on here. The footage of players refusing to speak is hard to watch:

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
Good good let the hurt come. They need an us vs the world mentality, time too grow up gentlemen. Embrace the pile on BREATH THAT SHIT IN turn it into fuel.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Good good let the hurt come. They need an us vs the world mentality, time too grow up gentlemen. Embrace the pile on BREATH THAT SHIT IN turn it into fuel.

Far more likely they go home and curl up in the corner with a thumb in their mouth.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I dont like that they didnt talk to the media either, but the media are fucking vultures man, and that video shows it.

I have no problem with the media here, these idiot players need to know that they should be accountable. The fans can't boo them or tell them that, in this case it can only be the media.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
I have no problem with the media here, these idiot players need to know that they should be accountable. The fans can't boo them or tell them that, in this case it can only be the media.
Look i agree to a point, but i promise you that reporter is not there out of any love for the club, its fans, or its players.
He doesn't care that we just got flogged, or that the players are probably feeling like shit, he doesn't care about the fans or how they are feeling.
He is there because he can smell blood in the water and is circling for the juicy story he knows will get clicks.
**** the media. I agree the players should be held accountable, as should the club, and the coach, and they should be fined for not having the captain front the media alongside the coach.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
Media are scum! But they absolutely should have fronted up it shows some intestinal fortitude, instead it’s shown that they’re soft and now the sharks can smell blood. they didn’t have to try and sugar coat anything just straight face own it then be on your way.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Broncos founder Barry Maranta weighs in:

“The poor players aren’t the problem, it’s bigger than that. I can’t imagine Lachlan Murdoch (co-chairman of News Corp, a majority owner of the Broncos) would be happy – he would be furious with this. This is not the Broncos I know. The culture has changed."

“What we see now is what I saw in other struggling teams when we first set up the Broncos. We made up our minds at the time that we would never be like the battling clubs and we put a lot of emphasis on loyalty, support and team camaraderie. The problem at the club has existed long before (Thursday) night’s performance."

“Paul Morgan wasn’t the only one who would have turned in his grave, Gary Balkin would have as well. This young Broncos squad does not deserve what is happening. I felt terrible for the young fellas out there because they are talented and I do believe they care, but what can the club expect when they putting out an under-23s side?"

“I feel sorry for the lads that they have to be targets of comments and that’s the nature of professional sport. But the Broncos’ problems are wider than the playing squad. I studied teams that went bad and once you go backwards, the energy required to turn a club around increases 10-fold. Anyone with any knowledge of a serious franchise knows the Broncos need to rebuild and can they do it without scarring the younger group?"

“Seibold is under pressure all right. Whether he has the tools to resurrect the glory days of the Broncos is the biggest challenge. I don’t understand his infrastructure. He needs a senior mentor. When Wayne Bennett started out, he had guys like Don Furner and Jack Gibson, and Anthony needs some senior back-up to help him through this period.”

McHunt

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
So the coach is out of his depth, great.

Clean the whole place out, top to bottom. We already know White is fucking off so that's a perfectly good time to tear up the shitty turf and start anew.

Last edited:
Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
I feel the same as Maranta. I just feel sorry for the young guys. You can’t say age doesn’t matter when the oldest starting forward is 20 years of age, of course it matters. They’ve been let down and thrown in the deep end, and to make matters worse the few experienced guys they should be learning off are a combination of washed up, overpaid, clueless and unwilling to put their bodies on the line.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
How hard would it be for one player to come out and say “we’re shit and we’re sorry to the fans”.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
It takes a good captain to do that. We don’t have that opportunity.

They can cry in the sheds though apparently and all get hugged by Broncos staffers....

One might almost think, these aren’t big tough NRL players, watching that crap...

Last edited:
Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
No, an 18 year old playing his debut, upset although he did everything right, can under no circumstances be classed as crocodile tears. Shame on you for suggesting such a thing.
It was Milford and Offa I saw crying. Not an 18 year old rookie.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Rookie Alan
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • Behold
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.