Future Queesnland SOO Players

Bannermania said:
This is true.. But I don't see him as being fit.

[eusa_eh He plays 80 minutes nearly every week? Or do you not mean "fitness" fit, but "fit for Origin"?

I dunno, I tend to agree to a point. However, there's no denying he's a totally different and far better footballer than he was in 2005. As good as Bolton was at the start of the season I haven't been as impressed lately so I wouldn't say he's that far ahead of Parker.

sorry, fit for Origin.

I thought you out of everyone would understand the point. He's a club man.. putting him into Origin, nah.. not a great idea.

I agree that Parker is certainly a different player now compared to when he first played origin. I personally don't think he's fit for origin, but I also have no doubt he'd do a better job that a few years back. Unless there's several injuries though it's all a moot point anyway. He's not going to knock anyone out of the team.

Well I ask this, if Parker never played origin before, would you still be saying he shouldn't be selected?
I think a few people here are judging him on his form FIVE YEARS AGO, that is ridiculous.

He is a completely different player, he was a chubby guy with a few years experience, he is now a seasoned professional who has improved by miles, super consistent, machine, very fit and is very handy in attack.

I'm not saying he should be picked next in line but being 2nd or 3rd in line is very realistic. Ruling him out all together is not right.

Corey_Parker_cropped.jpg

r233672_936859.jpg

Not the same, simply ruling him out as to "never play origin" is silly, he's not a dud first grader, he's a very good first grader and if an opportunity arises he deserves a chance.

So posting photos of him will change our mind? lolz.

Bannermania said:

But he's making the point that Parker's a different player now to when he was last selected.

Bannermania said:

Yeah, LOLZ, face palming.

And if you read what I wrote Lachy, I'm not arguing that Parker should be rushed into the team! I'm just saying he's capable of doing the job if required.

But he still remains behind Thaiday, Myles, Harrison, Costigan, Te'o, Taylor and possibly Bolton.

He's better than/equal to Luck, Lowe, Stagg etc.

broncospwn said:
Well I ask this, if Parker never played origin before, would you still be saying he shouldn't be selected?
Yes. For the sheer fact that he's not good enough to knock anyone in the team at the moment out, and I think there's better suited players ahead of him. I'm not ruling him out altogether, but he's far enough down my list that it would take several injuries to see him picked in my view.

Bannermania said:
Surely you could understand that the photos weren't for that purpose... [eusa_doh
The photos are there to add emphasis to how much he has changed from what he was 5 years ago, he's not the same type of player so it's not fair to compare him to 5 years ago.

A weeks a long time in rugby league, 5 years is an eternity.

so in 5 years his jersey got tighter and he got a wrist injury. wow, that photo shows big changes lol.

Anonymous person said:
so in 5 years his jersey got tighter and he got a wrist injury. wow, that photo shows big changes lol.

You forgot about all the Tats!!

Anonymous person said:

Come on mate don't be ignorant. In the last 5 years Parker has developed into a genuine 80 minute player and has improved his work rate by plenty. Works just as hard in the 75th minute as he does in the 5th minute.

I used to also believe he is a club player only but if he got called up for Origin I certainly would have every confidence in him to get the job done.

Jeba said:
Anonymous person said:

Come on mate don't be ignorant. In the last 5 years Parker has developed into a genuine 80 minute player and has improved his work rate by plenty. Works just as hard in the 75th minute as he does in the 5th minute.

I used to also believe he is a club player only but if he got called up for Origin I certainly would have every confidence in him to get the job done.

+1.

Though I still don't see the relevance of the photos. You can't see what "type" of player he is by looking at him. Sure he looks fitter in the second pic, but so what?

Take 2 photos of me from 2005 vs now and I look very different too, way fitter and stuff, but no way would you pick me for Origin :P

The pictures don't highlight the point I was making but I can see the point spwn was making as well.

Jeba said:
The pictures don't highlight the point I was making but I can see the point spwn was making as well.

Nah I wasn't criticising you. I just still don't really see the value of the photos brought into it. I know WHY he did, but it doesn't illustrate anything. Other than perhaps his slightly homosexual adoration of Corey's quads? :P

Yeh I never thought you were criticising me either, don't worry! The pictures to illustrate that he is fitter now than he was back then though. Oh well, moving on, I really think Parker would do the job at Origin if given another chance!!

I'd rather Parker there than Costigan, that's for sure. He plays a lot like Gallen these days, only that he isn't a douche and doesn't give away 1000 penalties.

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • Yellowfella
  • abashii
  • broncs30
  • Culhwch
  • bb_gun
  • sim0an
  • Bucking Beads
  • mitch222
  • phoenix
  • mrslong
  • The Strapper
  • broncsgoat
  • RodF
  • Sproj
  • Bish
  • eazy-duzzit
  • Fozz
  • FACTHUNT
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.