vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone put in a hard days work on origin? Should be a public holiday IMO :tongue:

Cronk cleared to play.

Thank ****.

Just still not pumped, maybe its the depressing cold in Melbourne.

Cronk cleared to play.

Funny-Celebration-Gif.gif

Just still not pumped, maybe its the depressing cold in Melbourne.

I'm trotting around Flinders Street in all my QLD gear and people are looking at me like I'm a freak :(

I'm trotting around Flinders Street in all my QLD gear and people are looking at me like I'm a freak :(

It's even more funny when Victorians travel up here and it's hilarious when they discover that AFL isn't the number 1 code and there are people who don't watch that game at all. It's like they are from another planet.

It's even more funny when Victorians travel up here and it's hilarious when they discover that AFL isn't the number 1 code and there are people who don't watch that game at all. It's like they are from another planet.

Yeah but AFL is like a religion here, it really is much more important here than league in Sydney. Rugby league down here is like AFL up there, some people kind of know something about it but like one person cares about it, the guy in the crowd that knows the Storm's pathetic team song and belts it out when they win while everyone looks at him like a freak.

Yeah but AFL is like a religion here, it really is much more important here than league in Sydney. Rugby league down here is like AFL up there, some people kind of know something about it but like one person cares about it, the guy in the crowd that knows the Storm's pathetic team song and belts it out when they win while everyone looks at him like a freak.
Yes. it seems everyone in Melbourne has a team.

On one hand this sounds like bullshit, but on the other hand NSW most certainly are stupid enough.

IT IS the last thing NSW fans want to hear hours out from State of Origin I, but reports have emerged that Blues game plan notes have been discovered by the Maroons.

According to FOX Sports News, the notes were left behind in a locker room used by the Blues ahead of Wednesday night’s opener at Sydney’s ANZ Stadium.
The Blues used the dressing room earlier in the week, and it was later used by the Queensland team who were met with a pleasant surprise.
“I’ve got some very good mail that NSW left some notes in the Queensland dressing room about the game plan,” Fox Sports’ Sean Lawson reported.
“They used that dressing room earlier this week and some notes were left on a whiteboard talking about how they were going to target Cooper Cronk and ‘JT’ [Johnathan Thurston] and also some notes on how they were going to play.”
Lawson was interviewing retired Queensland back Justin Hodges at the time he reported the apparent stuff up and asked Hodges if he had heard anything.
“I heard something similar,” Hodges said. “But if that happened it would be pretty silly. You don’t want to give away the game plan.
“You look at guys like Thurston and Cronk, those are guys you always target.”
“Could it be a bit of fun and games?” Lawson asked. “A bit of a decoy to try and put the Maroons off?”
“Yeah it could be,” Hodges added. “Loz [Blues coach Laurie Daley] is good at doing some decoys. I also saw Big Mal [Meninga] was at Blues camp so maybe he drew something up for the boys, having a bit of a joke.”
The Courier-Mail cited a source close to the Maroons as saying the game instructions were on the backside of the whiteboard, and when it was flipped around the detailed intructions were there for all to see.
“Perhaps it was a setup, but if they have left behind the notes, it is one of the dumbest things an Origin team could do,” the source said.
Since Friday, it has been the Queenslanders who have been accused of playing mind games and lying about the severity of Cronk’s ankle injury after a training mishap.
The Maroons had suggested the star playmaker was a long shot to make Origin I, but the Blues never believed it.
Today it emerged Cronk would indeed be available.
d83874810fad06aa11b8ee2f504d4393

Was Cooper Cronk ever really injured?Source:News Corp Australia

Maroons assistant Anthony Seibold confirmed Cronk had been given the green light from medical staff after resuming training on Tuesday.
“He trained really well last night. I can confirm he is going to start tonight,” Seibold said.
“There was a lot in the media about whether there was an injury or not.
“But you saw he didn’t train. He missed a couple of sessions but he will be fine.
“He’s ready to go. When he says he is right and medical staff give him the green light, he is good to go.”
The Courier Mail reported a $3000 compression device was behind Cronk’s recovery.
Seibold said Cronk used the device called Game Ready while he slept and believed he would not be lining up in game one without the technology.
Hodges added on Fox Sports News that Cronk had also been sleeping in the same room as the team’s physio so they could work on the ankle at any time during the night.
Seibold said Michael Morgan had impressed slotting into the halves in Cronk’s absence at training. But he admitted Cronk’s availability was a relief for Queensland.
Queensland have lost both games Cronk has not started at halfback since he earned the No.7 reins in 2012.
“Cooper’s record speaks for itself,” Seibold said.
“The last couple of games he missed Queensland haven’t gone too well.
“Having him in the group is a real win for us.
“But if Morgo had to do a job we had full confidence in him.”
Seibold said Cronk expected to be targeted by a monster NSW now that he had recovered from injury.
“Cooper gets traffic at him every week. He is used to having big bodies running at him,” he said.

Rain falling here.

People assume this plays into NSW but smaller men with change of direction are gold in wet.

NSW to target Cronk and Thurston. Well I never.

Rain falling here.

People assume this plays into NSW but smaller men with change of direction are gold in wet.

Just hope we don't fall into the trap of being too conservative in the wet. That's exactly what they'll be hoping we do.

The radar looks pretty clear. Might not be too wet.

Its absolutely pissed down here today in bits, stopped about 30 minutes ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • RolledOates
  • FACTHUNT
  • Harry Sack
  • Old Mate
  • teampjta
  • Lurker
  • ivanhungryjak
  • HarryAllan7
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.