OFFICIAL Game II Queensland Side

Wait. Wallace got off? A queenslander? In origin time?

Is opposite day?

Upload 2017 6 13 22 53 8

I'm beginning to wonder if you watch any NRL. You're as big a dribbler as your namesake.

He is right. They didn't kick to him because he is weak under the high ball. They kicked to him on the full from 40-50m out to keep them in the corner and to get a decent chase on him. He is much more effective on the 2nd or 3rd carry. It was a clear tactic that Pearce uses for the Roosters aswell

I laugh at the Glasby headline. If you don't know who he is you shouldn't be working around rugby league. He has played 80 games ffs and has a better strike rate of tries than most frfs. Although the main reason he was picked is because he is one of the best defensive props in the game. He makes Cam Smith look like a saint in the ruck. Jiu-jitsu for the win.

He is right. They didn't kick to him because he is weak under the high ball. They kicked to him on the full from 40-50m out to keep them in the corner and to get a decent chase on him. He is much more effective on the 2nd or 3rd carry. It was a clear tactic that Pearce uses for the Roosters aswell

Let's all be right ok. Your and Dels opinion makes sense but then there's this.

However, the 22-year-old flyer still reckoned he had some 2016 regrets after being targeted in the air — and coming up short.
The rangy Brisbane winger revealed he had to work hard in the off-season to overcome the disappointment of his butter-fingered 2016 displays.
"I had to get my head around it, try and forget what happened last year," Oates said.
"But now it's a new year. I like to end training on a good note by catching five or six [bombs] in a row and that has helped me in the first four games.

Sadly, this team is not well balanced and that will be exposed next O game. Unless they've learned to tackle it will be 2 zip.

Lock will be tied up with McGuire and Morgan barring injuries. Prop rotation at moment looks like Napa, Wallace, Glasby and Papalli. Would prefer Glasby start at Lock if he's there to shut down Fifita in defence, Moose at starting front row with Napa. Still worried where meters are coming from but we will have superior kicking game to keep turning their big blokes around and NSW are full of fair weather players - shut down Fifita and tighten the middle and the likes of Pearce and Daley should piss their pants and start trying to go sideways again.

Lock will be tied up with McGuire and Morgan barring injuries. Prop rotation at moment looks like Napa, Wallace, Glasby and Papalli. Would prefer Glasby start at Lock if he's there to shut down Fifita in defence, Moose at starting front row with Napa. Still worried where meters are coming from but we will have superior kicking game to keep turning their big blokes around and NSW are full of fair weather players - shut down Fifita and tighten the middle and the likes of Pearce and Daley should piss their pants and start trying to go sideways again.
If Glasby really is in the team to help shut down Fifita, then he needs to start. Assuming the normal forward rotations, he would spend very little time on the field with Fifita if he plays from the bench. My only concern is that we'll lack metres early on and start the game well behind the 8-ball.

If Glasby really is in the team to help shut down Fifita, then he needs to start. Assuming the normal forward rotations, he would spend very little time on the field with Fifita if he plays from the bench. My only concern is that we'll lack metres early on and start the game well behind the 8-ball.

He'd be taking up a spot vacated by Myles so would be hard to be worse off meters wise.

Last edited:
He'd be taking up a spot vacated by Myles so would be hard to be worse off meters wise.

Fair call. Maybe need to give Moose and Napa instructions they are only on for 25 and 20 mins respectively in their first stint so go hard boys. Then role with Wallace and Pappali for shorter stints if playing 2 80 minute second rowers. Morgan is going to have to pull his weight at Lock by doing some hard runs and making big tackles otherwise has to go. Be nice to see Slater sniffing around the ruck early to get offloads to keep them on the back foot something really miss with Boyd at the back.

And yes re Daley and Pearce if Walters doesn't coach the sh*t out of this team to play smarter we are looking at the bad old days 20 odd years ago of NSW winning a few in a row and each win will be more proof of their imminent dynasty that will last for the next 20 years with Mitchell Pearce leading the way into his 40s[emoji90]

If we shut down Fifita then we will be fine.

We were getting over the top of NSW in Game One when Fifita wasn't destroying us in the first half. We were getting down their end a lot and we had them under the pump. If we had Thurston we very likely take the lead.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • sooticus
  • Xzei
  • RolledOates
  • Behind enemy lines
  • marw
  • BroncsNBundy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.