CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

And ?
What`s that got to do with the price of eggs in China ? LOL .

Talkin leadership qualities , not ability as an AFL player smart arse ...

Pretty important detail it was Under 18 not the AFL side.

Say what you want about Cummins personality, but **** me he can clutch up in big moments when needed.
In the last year in run chases he's gone:
-1st Ashes test 44*
-WC ODI vs Afghanistan 12* / 202 run partnership with Maxwell
-WC ODI semi vs South Africa 14*
-32* vs NZ / 61 run partnership with Carey

Carey was club captain at GWS .
Kevin Sheedy rated him highly as a leader .
IMG 8638

*Sopranos fans will get this

Another 50 for McSweeney, would be good to see him go on and get three figures but he may run out of partners before that happens.

McSweeney run out for 117. That was so bad but nice innings anyway.

Davies out for 131 off 147

Great to see the guys next in line put up scores in some low team totals

Given Pucs is out of the picture sadly, this kid is THE shining light after Green for gen next.

Obviously, the incumbents will be given at least the first two tests next summer but Davies has basically made himself next in line. His stats and performances compared to a REALLY bad bunch of other bats just cannot be ignored.

The catch to get Clayton was fantastic.

Bulls could have had 30 fielders, and they wouldn't have stopped him today. He found gaps.

The catch to get Clayton was fantastic.

Bulls could have had 30 fielders, and they wouldn't have stopped him today. He found gaps.

Yep fantastic catch. Davies has his name up in lights.

Given Pucs is out of the picture sadly, this kid is THE shining light after Green for gen next.

Obviously, the incumbents will be given at least the first two tests next summer but Davies has basically made himself next in line. His stats and performances compared to a REALLY bad bunch of other bats just cannot be ignored.
Yeah Davies has gone to the top of the list you'd imagine. It's not the first time he's made runs in a low team total too.

Pucovski is such a shame, the next gen batting looks so much better with an opener locked down. Still I like the look of the next bunch between Richardson, Morris, Johnson, Bartlett, Sutherland, Murphy, Sangha, Davies, McSweeney, Hardie, Clayton. The longer our current 11 go on the better for these guys, some of them should be primed by summer 2025.

Yeah Davies has gone to the top of the list you'd imagine. It's not the first time he's made runs in a low team total too.

Pucovski is such a shame, the next gen batting looks so much better with an opener locked down. Still I like the look of the next bunch between Richardson, Morris, Johnson, Bartlett, Sutherland, Murphy, Sangha, Davies, McSweeney, Hardie, Clayton. The longer our current 11 go on the better for these guys, some of them should be primed by summer 2025.

Yep Pucs is a MASSIVE loss unfortunately. I think the holes aren't that big BUT the opener spot is where it is glaringly an issue and I'll put in brackets the blokes you are HOPING are ready WAY before they likely will be:

1. Khawaja -> Konstas??
2. Smith -> Dixon??
3. Labushagne (if he doesn't improve) -> Davies
4. Green
5. Head (if he doesn't improve) -> Davies
6. Marsh -> Davies
7. Carey (if he goes back into a rut) -> Inglis
8. Starc -> Richardson (who likely won't be fit) -> Sutherland/Bartlett/O'Neill
9. Cummins
10. Lyon -> Murphy/Sangha/Green
11. Hazlewood -> Bartlett/O'Neill

In the middle order you have some other candidates as well in Hardie, Inglis even as a bat, M.Short, McSweeney, Webster but none of them are really putting their hand up except for Webster who would be a stop gap and Hardie but to a far lesser extent.

The top three if Labs continues to suck is REALLY concerning because Khawaja and Smith's end is sooner rather than later.

But pacemen and spinners have depth and a lot of it.

Just heard an interesting stat . Kiwis unbeaten in series at home for 7 years and 13 series before this one .

He’s got ground to make up, they told him in October he was a limited overs player and wouldn’t play Shield. Then Edwards got injured and he’s made a great go of it.

But I still think a few things make him pigeon holed a bit.

They gave him a youth test in October and he was terrible. I don’t think playing BBL four years before Shield helped the perception of him.

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncosarethebest
  • achievedrap
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bish
  • Foordy
  • Dazza 92
  • Bucking Beads
  • Xzei
  • Fatboy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Kev_Guz
  • Tim K
  • Broncorob
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Rambstien
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.