Gorden Tallis launches extraordinary attack at Brisbane enforcer Adam Blair

Please highlight in my post where I have used the word "dirty." Not once did I make mention of the Broncos never ever being "dirty".What I said was the Broncos were never "grubby". Resorting to cheap, grubby, wrestling tactics is a blight on the game, and its something the Broncos, in particular Wayne Bennett have never been about. Blair is constantly using wrestling moves in tackles, picked up from his time in Melbourne, and it's almost second nature to him.

I have zero issue with face to face confrontations. That's footy, but grubby tactics such as wrestling holds and moves targeted to injure specific joints, I am not okay with.

As for how long I've watched the Broncos play, well my reply to that is I've watched every single Broncos game, as well as every other NRL game in each round religiously for as long as I can remember, which would be well over the last 15 years. Please highlight to me in all the Broncos matches ever played, where we have used wrestling tactics before. The fact that your quite evidently illiterate makes me question your credibility and in return let me pose the question to you, How long have you actually watched the Broncos... mate?

This was actually my favourite part of this post.

This was actually my favourite part of this post.

Yep. Attacking a persons literacy level by making a grammar error in the very sentence. Quite amazing.

I haven't noticed any propensity from Blair to apply unnecessary tactics in the tackle in his time with us. No more than any other player.

He does toe the line a bit in hitting a player late as they pass at the line but that's the game isn't it? He's hardly the only one and that's the price you pay for taking the line on.

Provided it's a clean tackle, no dramas. A bit cheap at times, sure, but he's not at Beau Scott levels of grubbiness.
My thoughts exactly.

Adam Blair does not need to apologise for a chicken wing, says Sam Thaiday

SAM Thaiday has broken his silence over the chicken-wing saga, saying Adam Blair doesn’t need to apologise to him over the shock attack in the Anzac Test.

Blair will miss this Saturday night’s clash against Manly after accepting a one-match ban for twisting the arm of his clubmate Thaiday in New Zealand’s 16-0 loss to Australia last Friday night.

Blair’s actions prompted a savage spray from Broncos legend Gorden Tallis, who labelled the Kiwi Test enforcer one of the dirtiest players in the NRL.

But Thaiday did his best to defuse talk of a potential rift at Red Hill, urging Blair to maintain the aggressive style that has helped the Broncos to an equal share of the competition lead.

“I’m a bit over the talk about it actually,” Thaiday said.

“The last time I heard about this much talk about chicken wings, KFC were releasing the wicked wings.”

Asked if he was surprised by Blair’s attack, Thaiday said: “No, we were playing for our countries, we are playing a hard game.”

Asked if Blair had apologised to him, the Maroons enforcer said: “There was no need for any apologies. I’m here today training, so it’s all good.”

Pressed on Tallis’ attack on Blair, Thaiday said: “Everyone is entitled to their opinions, that’s why some people are paid the big bucks.”

The peppering of Thaiday continued, with the Maroons enforcer then asked if he disagreed with Tallis’ assessment of Blair.

“I didn’t say I didn’t agree with it,” said Thaiday, attempting to shut down the Blair-related theme.

“You don’t want to take that out of his game either.

“It (chicken-wing tackles) is still around in the game, people are getting suspended for it. There’s still some in games, they aren’t always called but it still happens.”

Thaiday, meanwhile, backed the selection of debutant Jai Arrow and says the 20-year-old workhorse will handle a daunting baptism in front of 50,000 fans at Suncorp Stadium.

“I’m looking forward to seeing how he goes,” he said. “It shows hard work and determination will get you a run in this team. He played pretty well in the Queensland Residents game (last Sunday) and Wayne Bennett has been telling them to play well for their teams and if they do, he will have no hesitation picking them for the team.

“I hope he isn’t daunted by it, he has played in the some under-20s semi-finals in front of big crowds so hopefully he will embrace the moment of it all.

“It is a special weekend for him to debut in the double header and hopefully he goes well.”

No Cookies | The Courier Mail

“The last time I heard about this much talk about chicken wings, KFC were releasing the wicked wings.”

I don't know why but this cracked me up.

But I thought they might not even shake hands at training??? That's what the media told us!

Well according to the media blair tore thaidays arm clean off at the socket making it impossible for them to shake and makeup.

Breaking News: Sydney journos outraged that Thaiday isn't outraged.

I think the grubbiest thing I've seen Blair do was lay over the top of Thurston last year in the semi's. I remember yelling as the screen "Get up!" cause I did not want to see the Cowboys get a penalty for it.

I think Blair pushes the boundaries a lot, and I think its something we need to take on the bigger packs. I think he's doing a great job leading our pack around in defence and attack, and it leaves a massive hole whenever he gets suspended. Just wish he'd tone it done just a little. Gordy was way outta line though, maybe he copped too many head knocks in his days and forgotten how he got famous.

Loved Wayne's quote today.
" I've coached a lot of guys and I've coached a few mugs on the journey. Adam Blair's no mug."

A sly reference to Gordy, perhaps?

The thing that nobody is talking about, at least that I have seen, is why does the action have to be a deliberate action?

I can imagine quite easily in the speed of the moment and the intensity of the game, in trying to make a tackle you just reach out and grab what you can and get the bloke on his back

Sure, it went wrong and deserves a penalty, but why do we assume it's deliberate and Blair is dirty?

The other point is Tallis calling Blair the dirties player in the game

My son said, he clearly hasn't watched Bird or Gallen play has he?

I LOL'd

The thing that nobody is talking about, at least that I have seen, is why does the action have to be a deliberate action?

I can imagine quite easily in the speed of the moment and the intensity of the game, in trying to make a tackle you just reach out and grab what you can and get the bloke on his back

Sure, it went wrong and deserves a penalty, but why do we assume it's deliberate and Blair is dirty?

The other point is Tallis calling Blair the dirties player in the game

My son said, he clearly hasn't watched Bird or Gallen play has he?

I LOL'd

What's funny is that I haven't seen him carry on about Bird.. I wonder why.

In all the times I've heard him talk about Bird, I haven't once heard him say Bird is a dirty player. In fact, he has come out and defended him a couple of times there.

Did anyone catch the Matty Johns Show tonight? Talk turned to Marty Taupau and his dirty play. After Tallis banged on all week about Blair- crickets from him as he just sat there with a shit-eating grin.

It got better though later when they did a skit where Tallis met Bennett under the stands at Suncorp. Words were said, Tallis took a swing at Wayne and then Wayne dropped him like a sack of spuds. Oh Lord, if only.

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  • Santa
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • broncos4life
  • Brocko
  • azza.79
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.