How much is too much for Payne? The saga continues...

What is the maximum per year you would offer Haas?

• Total voters
Surely no club can actually promise him something in a playing contract?

Also, the bloke is 23yo, he could have 10 years left and this contract won't be for that long. What happens if he signs with another club at the end of this contract?

None of this makes logical sense. It's been a shit show since the start and will continue to be if this week is any indication. If he and his manager want the noise to stop the best thing they can do is SHUT THEIR FUCKING MOUTHS. All I can say is it better not derail our season or I do not want him at the club after this year, ever, full fucking stop I don't care how good he is.
What if he has a career ending injury during his contract like so many players do?

It's a totally fair question to ask IMO. Whether it's permissible, I doubt it, given the Tigers got fined by the NRL for promising Farah a post career job.

His management team are even dumber than I thought. It's like saying "he'll go to whoever can give him the most sweeteners outside the cap, if you know what I mean wink wink".

So yeah, the Roosters is the most logical, because the NRL has already turned a blind eye to those antics from them.

What if he has a career ending injury during his contract like so many players do?

It's a totally fair question to ask IMO. Whether it's permissible, I doubt it, given the Tigers got fined by the NRL for promising Farah a post career job.

I think its odd they are asking for post football stuff for a 23 year old. It sounds like something a club like the Roosters would offer him though to get him there. Just Saying!

Tigers got done for not declaring it because "they didn't think they needed to". They tried being dodgy with it and got caught.

Just pull the offer at this stage, he is just playing silly buggers. We have too many other players to wrap up and to be honest this is embarrassing. Lie with dogs get fleas and all that.

I reckon we leave our offer on the table until November 1 then pull it and plan for life without him. He's elite, but we can use his money to make the squad stronger as a unit imo. Either way, if he signs or he doesnt, i think we will still be in very good shape.

I reckon we leave our offer on the table until November 1 then pull it and plan for life without him. He's elite, but we can use his money to make the squad stronger as a unit imo. Either way, if he signs or he doesnt, i think we will still be in very good shape.

I'd be offering Tino that money in the background. You could make it work even with him coming in next year, just would take some cap management mastery even if you don't let Haas go early. Also be unofficially getting into Mo Fo's ears too to scope interest.

As long as leaving the offer on the table till Nov 1 doesn't cost us another player/s then fine

As long as leaving the offer on the table till Nov 1 doesn't cost us another player/s then fine
We can't sign anyone for 2025 before then anyway. I'd give him until November 15 then it's offer pulled with a public statement saying we're going in a different direction. Give him 2 weeks to get real offers on the table and make a choice.

Hopefully he extends before then though.

Where is Foordy with his eye rolling at all this talk of Haas going to the Roosters?
Not so silly apparently eh Foordy.
/eyeroll

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.