If you had no heart, what changes would you make?

Who said keep them for 3 years? But giving a rookie 1 game and then sacking him does absolutely NO good.

Look at QLD. Did they sack Prince after losing game 1 in 2004? No, gave him the series.
Did they sack Thurston after the 2005 series? No.

QLD's method has typically been to pick a squad for game 1, and unless there's injuries keep them for the remainder of the series.

Only exceptions tend to be when they're down 2-0 in the series and so use game 3 to blood some new players.
*cough* 2003 *cough* Cameron Smith.

You said Barrett WILL GO ROUND NEXT YEAR. Nowhere in that statement does it say for arguments sake, if Barrett goes round next year etc, you said that about winning the series.

So if you lose the series it's back to square one yet again and having to start next year all over again with possibly yet another halves combination. NSW need to face the fact that the options available to them at the moment aren't great, so they need to pick a good combination and run with that. Turn them into great origin players. They simply don't have great origin players to pick from at the moment so they need to make do with what they've got until something truly better comes along. No one is saying they need to keep the team together for years regardless of results - simply that NSW might want to stick with a team for more than 1 game if they want any hope of forging a successful team.

The Rock said:
Emma said:
You said Barrett WILL GO ROUND NEXT YEAR. Nowhere in that statement does it say for arguments sake, if Barrett goes round next year etc, you said that about winning the series.

He WILL go around next year for club level. He's said it himself. I was talking about club level. So if he's available at club level, then he's available at origin - So for arguments sake, if we win the next 2 series with Barrett at 5/8 and Wallace at halfback then I don't see how it's not building for the future.
Perhaps you should clarify yourself a little more in your posts then Rock, I don't know if you write them in a hurry or what it is, but geez dude, sometimes you really make no sense! And I'm not just talking about your NSW love fuelled posts not making sense, I'm talking about in general! [icon_razz1

Well perhaps you should be intelligent enough to know that asking someone if they're a psychic would be in response to something that was stated as fact ie. Barrett will go around next year, and that an intelligent person (ie. my good self) wouldn't ask that question in relation to something that was said 'for arguments sake.' [icon_razz1

The Rock said:
Well maybe you should clarify yourself more in your post, because when you said "So you're a physic now?" you didn't quite any particular paragraph of mine, so I assumed you were talking about my comments as a whole.

And yes I do write things in a hurry. There's just so many Queenslanders to bag out in so little time! [icon_lol1.

Hmmm, how do you `quite' somebody, does that involve some sort of strange ritual with vaseline and a bowling ball???? eusa_think

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Maroon4life
  • Lostboy
  • MrRobot
  • Harry Sack
  • Jedhead
  • Scorchie
  • Allo
  • pennywisealfie
  • Sproj
  • Financeguy
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
  • Astro
  • Manofoneway
  • Fitzy
  • Santa
  • GCBRONCO
  • Manifesto
  • Locky's Left Boot
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.