Is the Bronco DNA now choking?

**** this thread off

I mean, there is evidence for it...

if your definition of choking is a massively under strength side going down by 2 points in the dying minutes (dubious bunker call notwithstanding), to a near full strength Storm side who had all their guns back on deck for the first time in 18 months ...

then I think you need a new dictionary

I’m still not convinced that Wishart try was a try. Didn’t look like it over live and didn’t look like it, certainly not clearly, on replay. If that is any other game than freaking Melbourne against Brisbane, it stays a no try.

This thread is a **** of a thing.

The response to this loss by some has been very eye opening. It's like common sense has gone out the window for some reason, probably admiration for Penrith's "next man up" system which frankly is a once in a generation setup that not many other clubs can claim to have experienced.

I don't care what side you are from or whatever era, you come up against a team that historically you really struggle against at home and only lose by 2 while missing half your salary cap to injury, and you want to treat that scenario like it's insignificant, you're just being another needy fairweather fan. I'm sorry. This Broncos team is so far away from what it has been the past 10 years, it's frightening. Try not to miss the forest for the trees.

I’m still not convinced that Wishart try was a try. Didn’t look like it over live and didn’t look like it, certainly not clearly, on replay. If that is any other game than freaking Melbourne against Brisbane, it stays a no try.
Ahh but you see you were at the ground... you couldn't hear Brandy and Vossy claiming it as a clear try... unlike the bunker

Ahh but you see you were at the ground... you couldn't hear Brandy and Vossy claiming it as a clear try... unlike the bunker

I was treating it as conspiracy BS before, but now I am beyond doubt: Whoever is leading the bunker at the time is listening in to commentary to get an "outside" point of view to help them make a deliberation. There was nothing on camera from Fox or Channel 9 that justified overturning the on field decision tonight.

Atkins (I think it was) did it because he could foresee the narrative of the week playing out in front of him if he allowed the no try from Klein to stand thanks to Greg Alexander setting it up that way.

At the ground it sounded like the ref said nah I can’t see it and then the crowd went off and suddenly it was changed to a try. I’ve watched the replay several times and even tried to freeze frame it and it is still inconclusive.

Choking is when you lose a lead in a game you are expected to win, not when your not, don't bring this shit up in a game we lose by 2 points with the skeleton crew, especially when Reyno drops out at half time, we did good in that second half objectively from my view.

Storm was 1.40 to win this game WITH Reyno at the start of the game, let's be real.

Even Superman with his x-ray vision couldn't have seen that ball touch the grass ... So I have no idea how the bunker determined that they had "conclusive" proof to overturn the on- field decision

I was treating it as conspiracy BS before, but now I am beyond doubt: Whoever is leading the bunker at the time is listening in to commentary to get an "outside" point of view to help them make a deliberation.
Atkins (I think it was) did it because he could foresee the narrative of the week playing out in front of him if he allowed the no try from Klein to stand thanks to Greg Alexander setting it up that way.
39ee73bfb9ce8e6989c5643c50a87e4f.jpg

Why was this thread bumped?

We go to Melbourne, they’ve got all of their spine (3 of which are first picked in their position for their state/country). We’re missing Walsh and Haas, huge outs. Reynolds goes down at half-time.

We lost the game by 2 points.

Where’s the choke in that? Not many even expected us to be competitive.

Our ability to not defend a lead in the last 5 minutes where an opponent needs 1 try to score is getting pretty bog standard.

Choking is when you lose a lead in a game you are expected to win, not when your not, don't bring this shit up in a game we lose by 2 points with the skeleton crew, especially when Reyno drops out at half time, we did good in that second half objectively from my view.

Storm was 1.40 to win this game WITH Reyno at the start of the game, let's be real.
Actually choking is about throwing away a winning position through mistakes regardless of the expectations of the game.

i.e underdogs can still choke, if they're winning and then string together mistakes to lead the opposition to winning.

Sailor doesn't kick out on the full - they dont score again. Athurs catches the ball. We win.

We just keep finding a way to lose close games.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Spoon
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • davidp
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Lurker
  • Foordy
  • TimWhatley
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.