Jack Bird Discussion

If Bird backflips, we go into 2018 with zero big signings. What happened to Bennett's aura lol

Genuine question, have their been that many real top line players off contract we could have realistically targeted?

I'd only let him out of the contract if we had someone like S.Burgess signed, sealed, and delivered (his plane on the tarmac in Brisbane without a cloud in the sky).

Genuine question, have their been that many real top line players off contract we could have realistically targeted?

I would have given Kasiano a very serious look before the scum scooped him up, for a start.

Why the hell do Parker and Hodges get the tap on the shoulder but Thaiday apparently doesn't? Surely he gets the tap this year.

I would have given Kasiano a very serious look before the scum scooped him up, for a start.

Yep, couldnt argue with him, but there hasnt been many realistic targets around, unless my memory is just shot :D

Why the hell do Parker and Hodges get the tap on the shoulder but Thaiday apparently doesn't? Surely he gets the tap this year.
And if he has a blinder against Newc, you'll want him to sign a contract extension. He has done enough good things this year to suggest he still might be handy for another year or so. A tap on his shoulder only means that they have to pay out the remainder of his contract which counts towards the cap. What would be the use of that?

And if he has a blinder against Newc, you'll want him to sign a contract extension. He has done enough good things this year to suggest he still might be handy for another year or so. A tap on his shoulder only means that they have to pay out the remainder of his contract which counts towards the cap. What would be the use of that?

No, I won't want him to sign a contract extension. Apart from the fact that anyone can have a blinder against Newcastle I have been quite vocal that he is largely(pun intended)fat and useless these days.

No, I won't want him to sign a contract extension. Apart from the fact that anyone can have a blinder against Newcastle I have been quite vocal that he is largely(pun intended)fat and useless these days.
His inconsistency has been pissing me off for five years but like I said before, he still serves a purpose when he is in the zone. He will fire up come the business end of the season. When he's motivated, he is a great asset.

If it was a centre we wanted would have preferred Gagai. He is a QLDER and better IMO

If it was a centre we wanted would have preferred Gagai. He is a QLDER and better IMO

He doesn't want us though... Still has the sh*ts that Hook gave him the flick...

Just like the Knights, can't sign blokes who don't want to come here...

I think the knights would have gagai on a pretty hefty contract. I don't know if we would want to match it, but if he gets tired of floggings and the big turnaround they talk about next year doesn't happen, he might be knocking on our door.

I think the knights would have gagai on a pretty hefty contract. I don't know if we would want to match it, but if he gets tired of floggings and the big turnaround they talk about next year doesn't happen, he might be knocking on our door.

He has signed with the Rabbitohs for next year ... so he's not sick of losing yet

He has signed with Souths on a decent deal hasn't he?

looks like Aidan Sezer could come avail for next year. He has a great kicking game and can goal kick aswell is he worth a chance we take ?

looks like Aidan Sezer could come avail for next year. He has a great kicking game and can goal kick aswell is he worth a chance we take ?
If we can't get Taylor I'm not against Sezer.

If Bird does want out, let him stay at the Sharks. He can't backflip, but if both parties agree then there's nothing stopping his contract being torn up.

Bennett knows what he's doing, but on face value I'm far more opposed to this than the Blair signing. His (insert figure of between $700k and $1.2 mill here) could be very handy in retaining Roberts (who is critical IMO) and a few others.

Active Now

• Redux
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • Foordy
  • Painin the Haas
  • NSW stables
  • Mr Fourex
  • lynx000
  • Johnny92
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • Allo
  • MrRobot
  • Harry Sack
  • Fitzy
  • Financeguy
  • Gaz
  • Dash
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.