Jack Bird Discussion

looks like Aidan Sezer could come avail for next year. He has a great kicking game and can goal kick aswell is he worth a chance we take ?

The reason he's getting the punt is (if you believe the rumours) his lack of game management skills.

I can't stand another 3 years of listening to the same broken records around here.

Take the money that was being assigned to Bird and Lodge and resign Roberts, and sign a prop.

The reason he's getting the punt is (if you believe the rumours) his lack of game management skills.

I can't stand another 3 years of listening to the same broken records around here.

This. Raiders fans are also talking about this and pretty much put a fair chunk of the blame for the Raiders terrible performance this year on him.

This. Raiders fans are also talking about this and pretty much put a fair chunk of the blame for the Raiders terrible performance this year on him.

At least he will be better than knick and we could have a good kicking game and goal kicking if kahu goes down

Have you guys seen Sezer play the past two years? He is SHIT house, like I'd rather take the punt on Hoko.

If Bird does want out, let him stay at the Sharks. He can't backflip, but if both parties agree then there's nothing stopping his contract being torn up.

Bennett knows what he's doing, but on face value I'm far more opposed to this than the Blair signing. His (insert figure of between $700k and $1.2 mill here) could be very handy in retaining Roberts (who is critical IMO) and a few others.
Sharks have already moved on with the duges signing.

so does anyone have a source recently published that says bird wants out... I haven't seen anything for ages and there seems to be a whole lot of rustled jimmys and anger over not much at all. Also, why would anyone think that a press release from a bitter club about one of its gun youngsters leaving be a true indication of the character of a person. Maybe I missed it, but haven't seen any headlines about him playing up in public, or any bad words from team mates. Also, considering we haven't signed lodge next year, how can we use money that never existed to retain Roberts and a gun prop??

so does anyone have a source recently published that says bird wants out... I haven't seen anything for ages and there seems to be a whole lot of rustled jimmys and anger over not much at all. Also, why would anyone think that a press release from a bitter club about one of its gun youngsters leaving be a true indication of the character of a person. Maybe I missed it, but haven't seen any headlines about him playing up in public, or any bad words from team mates. Also, considering we haven't signed lodge next year, how can we use money that never existed to retain Roberts and a gun prop??

Because if we were planning to sign Lodge then we must have set money aside for that purpose.

Or are you saying that he was going to play for free....gee he'd be eating the dates off the calendar if that happened....

There’s a saying: where there’s smoke, there’s fire but when it comes to rumours surrounding the future of Jack Bird, those whispers are off the mark.
There aren’t many things guaranteed in rugby league but rest assured Bird will be in Brisbane next season.
Talk of Bird regretting his decision to join the Broncos next year has been exaggerated.
It’s understood the NSW Origin star has been in frequent contact with the club since signing and despite not being guaranteed a place in the halves next year, has been assured he will see more ball next year.
He’s a strong contender to play lock which would allow Josh McGuire to return to the front row.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/b54ed39180e0d9c12b34c64d690b342e

There’s a saying: where there’s smoke, there’s fire but when it comes to rumours surrounding the future of Jack Bird, those whispers are off the mark.
There aren’t many things guaranteed in rugby league but rest assured Bird will be in Brisbane next season.
Talk of Bird regretting his decision to join the Broncos next year has been exaggerated.
It’s understood the NSW Origin star has been in frequent contact with the club since signing and despite not being guaranteed a place in the halves next year, has been assured he will see more ball next year.
He’s a strong contender to play lock which would allow Josh McGuire to return to the front row.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/b54ed39180e0d9c12b34c64d690b342e

Bird said his preferred position is lock in one of the Origin articles from a couple of weeks back. He'd definitely add some ball playing there, but how will we go in the niddle with one less power forward?

Bird said his preferred position is lock in one of the Origin articles from a couple of weeks back. He'd definitely add some ball playing there, but how will we go in the niddle with one less power forward?
With Bird at lock, along with losing Herman and seemingly not getting Lodge, we might have to go all in on a mobile, ball-playing forward pack. It could be great to watch in attack, but possibly terrifying in defence.

With Bird at lock, along with losing Herman and seemingly not getting Lodge, we might have to go all in on a mobile, ball-playing forward pack. It could be great to watch in attack, but possibly terrifying in defence.

As long as the coaching staff get them working overtime on their tackling technique and combinations, defensively it should be alright.

The big concern in both attack and defence is whether they can consistently perform at their best on a weekly basis like we see Storm do. That's our biggest downfall IMO. We have a forward pack that can do serious damage on their day, but we can't do it week to week.

No way I see Bird making the 35-40 tackles Moose (and previously Parker) does. He'll still be there in the line and his work intensity hasn't decreased since going to lock, but I don't think he'll play as long back at prop. He may of course, but I don't think he will.

Our middle defence is relatively suspect as it is, so Bird's gonna need to aim up if he plays there. The all-attack possibility is very Sheens-era Tigers and similar to how Canberra and Penrith play currently. It works against the ordinary teams and can surprise the good ones every so often, but overall I'm not convinced it works enough to win premierships

We could go with Savelio/ Pangai/ Blair (if we get another prop) in the second row and have them defend in the middle for Bird, who could then defend in a traditional 2nd row position. That's if he can't handle the middle in D.

We could go with Savelio/ Pangai/ Blair (if we get another prop) in the second row and have them defend in the middle for Bird, who could then defend in a traditional 2nd row position. That's if he can't handle the middle in D.
Was thinking the same except Matty G in the middle for defence?? He's making 40+ tackles a game as it is and Bird has been defending at right center for his career to date so the lateral movement shouldn't be an issue.

To me Bird also looks that Wade Graham style player who would love to shoot out of the line to put a hit on a sideways running half.

The main issue would be having a half and center turn 2nd row defending beside one another, but he seems pretty solid in defence to me. Although looking at our halves for next year (knik, milf, Benji) all of them probably need a bodyguard.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.