RUMOUR James Roberts to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real important question is: what will he cost us?

The real important question is: what will he cost us?

Well if we apply the Burgess rule then 450k with only 150k counting under the cap.

Bennett will be dangling the prospect of a premiership in front of his face. That has to be appealing considering he's at the fucking Titans.

and was undoubtedly the best attaching player all season

yep, I heard this too. Apparently he has a lot of issues letting go, always following blokes around the dressing room.

It's worth noting that the rumour is being reported by Danny Weidler and all he's done is thrown Bennett, McGregor and Barrett's name at signing Roberts.

AKA Nothing to see here.

I think Reed had just as many good games as Roberts this year though.

I don't think this is as outrageous as most think it is. Reed had a tough job of protecting Anthony Milford in defence and at one point in time was the form centre in the combination (thanks largely to Milf affording him a ton of space).

Perhaps it's a little bit misleading. Without dissecting each performance, I'd assume that when Roberts played well, he really hit it out of the park and his best performance would be better than Reed's best performance. That's just a working hypothesis and I can't say any Roberts performance stands out to me right away.

One stat that does stand out to me is...

Errors:
Roberts 34
Reed 17

Along with Ferguson (35) that's my biggest issue with those players.

I'll be interested to see how Roberts handles things in 2016. On paper, you'd have to assume that Roberts will go onto have a better future than Copley, Kahu and Reed but he wouldn't be the first player to struggle after a break-out year and his off-field indiscretions could be a deciding factor as well.

Regardless, I've said it once and I'll say it again...

Last edited by a moderator:
How did Roberts go against Reeds "shit defense" this year? He's a good player but he is very hot and cold. I guess that comes with playing for the Titans. I think Reed had just as many good games as Roberts this year though.

dd426da5e9c9d1b6892627e110fbfd71953de4e6b885b99c5c7684ff31a91438.jpg

It's worth noting that the rumour is being reported by Danny Weidler and all he's done is thrown Bennett, McGregor and Barrett's name at signing Roberts.

AKA Nothing to see here.

I don't think this is as outrageous as most think it is. Reed had a tough job of protecting Anthony Milford in defence and at one point in time was the form centre in the combination (thanks largely to Milf affording him a ton of space).

Perhaps it's a little bit misleading. Without dissecting each performance, I'd assume that when Roberts played well, he really hit it out of the park and his best performance would be better than Reed's best performance. That's just a working hypothesis and I can't say any Roberts performance stands out to me right away.

One stat that does stand out to me is...

Errors:
Roberts 34
Reed 17

Along with Ferguson (35) that's my biggest issue with those players.

I'll be interested to see how Roberts handles things in 2016. On paper, you'd have to assume that Roberts will go onto have a better future than Copley, Kahu and Reed but he wouldn't be the first player to struggle after a break-out year and his off-field indiscretions could be a deciding factor as well.

Regardless, I've said it once and I'll say it again...

Here's a couple for bandwidth sake.....

it-s-not-gonna-happen-rick-2-o.gif

not-gonna-happen-o.gif

Not_gonna_happen_nope_no_blaine_um.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Roberts has knocked back offers from 5 different clubs and said he doesn't want to leave the Titans.

So he doesn't want to leave and Titans don't want him to leave.

May as well close this thread now.

Well, Roberts has knocked back offers from 5 different clubs and said he doesn't want to leave the Titans.

So he doesn't want to leave and Titans don't want him to leave.

May as well close this thread now.

“Right now, my No.1 preference is to stay at the Titans,” Roberts said.

“I was disappointed about the situation but I’m not angry at the club.

“I just want the situation sorted and hopefully my manager and lawyers can sort it out and get the right result.

“I’m not even considering other offers at the moment.
It’s a good lifestyle on the Gold Coast, there are plenty of things to do – it’s not a rat-race like Sydney.

“I’m settled and happy at the Titans so I’d like to stay here and hopefully we can work things out.”

Doesn't sound as clear cut as you're making out, looks like if the Titans don't offer what he wants his management may look elsewhere.

If he actually wants to stay at the Titans, I don't want him. Because he's an idiot.

Hes just working the press, nobody is going to come out and say they want to leave and hate their club while there's still a reasonably high chance that you'll be staying there.

With that being said, he more or less ruled out every club in his comments except Titans and Broncos, he wants to stay away from Sydney and he likes living on the Gold Coast and is settled in. Meaning if the Titans low ball him in any way with the new contract, I'm guessing we'll be the first phone call.

p.s - I highly doubt the Titans lose him, they should have a shit load of cap space and should realise he's a key part of their future.

Courier mail reporting that he has officially asked for a release from the Titans. Get on that M1 to red hill mate

Interesting.. Very interesting..

I'd say we're in with a legit shot, he implied in an interview last week that he was settled on the Gold Coast and wanted to stay away from Sydney..

I'd take him any day of the week, but just lol at Dobbo (as if you needed any more fuel) if this his "biggest ever" Broncos signing.

Interesting.. Very interesting..

I'd say we're in with a legit shot, he implied in an interview last week that he was settled on the Gold Coast and wanted to stay away from Sydney..

I reckon it will be us (if Bennett is interested) or the Cowboys.

assuming the CM article is actually right

I reckon it will be us (if Bennett is interested) or the Cowboys.

assuming the CM article is actually right

Yeah the article last week said that Bennett had inquired about him I believe, it'd be a really good signing imo, really young and with potential to be even better than he currently is, Milford, Hunt & Roberts running plays would be absurdly sexy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Tim K
  • ezpz
  • MrMoore
  • Hurrijo
  • Bucking Beads
  • leon.bott
  • broncos4life
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • mitch222
  • Wolfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncorob
  • ozzball
  • Stix
  • Allo
  • Maddy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • winslow_wong
  • teampjta
  • FaceOfMutiny
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.