RUMOUR James Roberts to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Roberts drop the ball a lot will be absurdly frustrating.

I guess I'm going to have to get used to seeing it.

"I have been told. (Where Roberts is going) I hope the mail is wrong which is why I won't repeat it. But there will be backlash"

Quote from Gus Gould on Twitter about 15 minutes ago

Edit: He's confirmed it's another NRL team, and has ruled out Eels, Roosters, Bulldogs, Panthers, Dragons.

Where else could he go that might cause a stir?.. I'm thinking probably Rabbitohs..

Last edited:
"I have been told. (Where Roberts is going) I hope the mail is wrong which is why I won't repeat it. But there will be backlash"

Edit: He's confirmed it's another NRL team, and has ruled out Eels, Roosters, Bulldogs, Panthers, Dragons.

Where else could he go that might cause a stir?.. I'm thinking probably Rabbitohs..

Back to Souths, release Inglis?

Broncos, Cows, Manly, or Souths would be my guess.

No way in hell Manly can afford to keep signing players, surely. Don't know how the Cows have room after winning the prem and re-signing big names. Souths might concede someone like Inglis (if they know they're bound to lose him in 2017) for Roberts and Burgess?

This might be a win/win for us boys.. Either we get Roberts or Souths get Roberts and are forced to release GI to make room for him & Burgess, in which case we get him for next season onwards, which is a much better prospect than 2017 onwards.

Not sure which I'd rather tbh.. Probably GI

Embarrassing for the Titans that they could **** up a signing like that. Not that I really care for them at all.

"He is on the move... dudded by club and sees chance for more $$$"

Quote from Moley.

I wonder who has the cap room to offer him that much more than he was on at the Titans? There wouldn't be too many.. I'd say we'd have at least $500-700k spare for next season, considering we were chasing Gagai & Merrin early on, and that was before Hodges retired.

"He is on the move... dudded by club and sees chance for more $$$"

Quote from Moley.

I wonder who has the cap room to offer him that much more than he was on at the Titans? There wouldn't be too many.. I'd say we'd have at least $500-700k spare for next season, considering we were chasing Gagai & Merrin early on, and that was before Hodges retired.

IIRC, Hodges retired this year to free up funds for Thaiday, Glenn and Kahu.. I doubt we'll have a lot.

I'd prefer Roberts over Inglis. Freak of a player and only 22, Bennett will help him cut the silly mistakes out of his game, and he's a genuine speed machine which is something we really lack.

I'd prefer Roberts over Inglis. Freak of a player and only 22, Bennett will help him cut the silly mistakes out of his game, and he's a genuine speed machine which is something we really lack.

Natural replacement to Boyd at Fullback in 2-3 years time as well, as Roberts is entering his prime and Boyd is past it.

Look for an announcement where he's going in the next couple of days. If he goes to the Rabbits, it's presumable that Inglis is on the outer

Roberts rejected the club’s offer which did not include an increase in the value of his deal.

Lmfao Titans.. They forge his old contract and then with the new contract they still offer him $300k a year.. Bunch of retards at that club honestly.

I would be very happy if we sign Roberts... IMO, he is a more valuable signing than what Te'o would be (as much as i like Te'o)

May as well lock rhe Titans in for the spoon right now ... Without Roberts they score exactly zero tries next season :takdir:

Lmfao Titans.. They forge his old contract and then with the new contract they still offer him $300k a year.. Bunch of retards at that club honestly.

The CM article says it was an increased 2year offer

The CM article says it was an increased 2year offer

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...g-contract-offer/story-e6frf3xc-1227637145545

The Titans offered Roberts a sponsor car as a sweetener to complement his existing two-year deal which was essentially null and void due to his deal being tampered with by a staff member.

Roberts rejected the club’s offer which did not include an increase in the value of his deal.

Ultimately the club’s failure to bump up Roberts’ value has cost them one of the game’s brightest stars with the former Rabbitohs and Panthers youngster informing CEO Graham Annesley on Monday night that he would be testing the open market.

Moley said it isn't the Rabbitohs either.. hmm.. strange..

The Storm is someone we haven't considered, they still have a fair bit of cap room I'm pretty sure,

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.