Kalyn Ponga

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Rumours are that Kalyn Ponga is being chased hard by the Broncos and we are a good chance of getting him after the Cowboys taking Carlin Anderson off our hands and Ponga wanting a crack in first grade.

I imagine he would start on the wing and be groomed to switch with Boyd in a couple years as he nears his mid 30's.

A future spine of

1. Kalyn Ponga
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
9. Kodi Nikorima

Would be lethal with a few more years of experience

56e0540624441d28518460ded7773d65.jpg

Looking at how good he was against us. I'd be keen. But I'm not going to get ahead of myself.

The cowboys line up is set in stone

1. Lachlan Coote
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Kane Linnett
4. Justin O'Niell
5. Kyle Feldt
6. Michael Morgan
7. Johnathan Thurston

He wants to play NRL now.. How will that happen at the Cowboys?

As safe as Linnett and Winterstein are I would have let them go to release salary cap pressure and blood Ponga and Bowen. They could have kept Moga too..

1. Lachlan Coote
2. Kalyn Ponga
3. Javid Bowen
4. Justin O'Niell
5. Kyle Feldt

How many backs do we need? I doubt we get him.

He was a Brisbane junior and the Cowboys stole him from us. I think he'll come back home. We don't have many players that can cover fullback.

He was a Brisbane junior and the Cowboys stole him from us. I think he'll come back home. We don't have many players that can cover fullback.

I don't know how true it is to say he is a Broncos junior and that the Cowboys stole him. He had a scholarship for a year when he was 15. After that he played rugby union at Churchie and before that he lived in Mackay.

He's tried a bit of everything.

I just can't see why Ponga would sign with the Broncos. Darius is going to be fullback for at least another 3-4 years. If he leaves the Cowboys it will be because he has been promised the fullback position at another club for huge money.

Last edited:
Rumours are that Kalyn Ponga is being chased hard by the Broncos and we are a good chance of getting him after the Cowboys taking Carlin Anderson off our hands and Ponga wanting a crack in first grade.

I imagine he would start on the wing and be groomed to switch with Boyd in a couple years as he nears his mid 30's.

A future spine of

1. Kalyn Ponga
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
9. Kodi Nikorima

Would be lethal with a few more years of experience

Kodi shouldn't be a primary hooker. He's just too small for my liking

Kodi halves, Hunt at hooker?
What is this obsession with moving Hunt to hooker.

Moving Macca would significantly weaken our side, unless we are replacing him with one of the top few hookers in the game.

We have one or two options at fullback as well, one of them being the current NZ custodian.

Boyd, Kahu, Mead, Milford, Nikorima - A few options there.

Last edited:
The cowboys line up is set in stone

1. Lachlan Coote
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Kane Linnett
4. Justin O'Niell
5. Kyle Feldt
6. Michael Morgan
7. Johnathan Thurston

He wants to play NRL now.. How will that happen at the Cowboys?

One single injury?

I would be surprised if it happens but i would love if we get him. The kids a absolute gun, and could end up being anything. Great head on his shoulders after seeing him perform under pressure in the final against us.

our back options are stacked to the brim as is though:

Hunt, Milford, Boyd, Benji (not so much), Kahu, Roberts, Mead, Oates, Moga, Opecic, Pearson, and Nikirima.

you could argue that all these players are of NRL starting 13 standard. Great to have this much depth though.

We are are still short of one prop I think, unless the young fellas really stand up this coming season.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Lurker
  • Broncorob
  • maddo
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.