THE COACH Kevin Walters

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
It would be hard to resent the Warriors coach picking up a gong after the pizzling they enduring during the Pandemic. We might've plumbed lower depths on the table but we did it from the luxury of our home turf. We were the spoilt brats.
I think this year there is real justification for a joint award both Kevvie and Webster.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
It will be interesting to see which way the awards go tbh. There's a number of fairly contentious ones.
FB
Walsh, Edwards and Drinkwater have been the standouts for me. So Gutho or Meaney will get it.
Wings
Cobb Loaf will be in the mix I think but beyond that, no idea. Maybe Waqa Blake
Centers
Campbell Graham will be one IMO with the other being Holmes, Staggs, Best or Crighton.
Five-Eighth
Timmy Dreadon, Munster and Walker I think. Probably Luai.
HB
Cleary, Arey, Johnson and DCE the clear standouts.
Hooker
William Walters should get it but failing that....Grant, Egan, Robson I think. JMK has been great, but I think he's missed a fair bit of footy.
Props
Haas and AFB
2nd Row.
No idea but probably Josh Jackson.
Second row If Riki didn't get a injury he was a big chance I think. To me he was probably one of the best second rowers this season purely for his effort areas. Kick chase, defence etc didn't do Fifita like things with the ball but Fifita isn't doing the Riki things either.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
image.png

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Kevvie has already put himself in a situation where he has the second best broncos coach regular season performance, as we are basically assured 2nd now.

Even further confirmation of the **** up the board made at the end of 2018, players want to play for him.

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
I hope the broncos management look after kevy and lock him up for a few years on a decent deal that is reflective of his performance. I hope they dont take advantage of the fact he would probably coach brisbane for free. He's dragged us from the cellars and united the club that was shattered by siebold.

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
Kev has proven himself to no end this year. He has improved in essentially every area, his bench rotation, game plan and communication are now no longer questionable. He has galvanized this squad and showed that he has exceptionally thick skin when it comes to the media. I hope ends up being as successful a coach as he was a player.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
It was real interesting hearing denan Kemp talk about being in the coaches box.

Says its a really well balanced and calm team and coaching staff. He also said Walters was calling plays and counting numbers in real time.

He was an amazing player thats knowledge of the game has been hugely undervalued by the media as they talk about all their new "next great" coaches (eg ciraldo fitzgibbon). 6 premierships, 7 gfs, 1 as captain, 20 origins. His coaching career has really shown how under rated he was as a player..

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I think the question may have been changed, because I have never been in favour of replacing Kevvie, yet my vote was actually in the 'Yes' column
I’m not sure tbh. I can’t remember. I definitely didn’t change it. I’m actually pretty sure when I first made the thread I didn’t even include a poll and a mod just added it later along with multiple title changes. I’m pretty sure my original title was “this isn’t a sack Kevie thread”

That being said, while reading back through the early pages of this thread I feel a lot of my views were valid at the time but regardless I feel most of my negativity was directly caused by that Next Year We’ve Got Kevie song

Active Now

• Allo
  • Justwin
  • Lostboy
  • Inknition
  • pennywisealfie
  • The Boss
  • phoenix
  • Swordfish
  • Fitzy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dash
  • bazza
  • Financeguy
  • Culhwch
  • Foordy
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.