THE COACH Kevin Walters

What point did you think I was making? If you think it was about merely winning the premiership, I suggest you read what I wrote again.
No mate, your point was clear. KW cannot win coach of the year due to him making a particular decision, despite there being no evidence that said decision is a factor in deciding who receives the award.

Mad Salt GIF by Brimstone (The Grindhouse Radio, Hound Comics)
Geez, looks like Macca's missing twin on the left.

No mate, your point was clear. KW cannot win coach of the year due to him making a particular decision, despite there being no evidence that said decision is a factor in deciding who receives the award.
I'm not saying he "cannot" win COTY as judged by someone else. I'm just expressing my own opinion. There is validity in thinking throwing away the minor premiership detracts from his other achievements. As I said, Cleary managed to keep his eye on both prizes and his team outperformed us both in attack and defence. If reaching for the sky is a judge of a coach, he deserves it at this point in the comp. If COTY is about progress in team building from a lower base then Bennett and Webster should also be in contention.

There is no question that Kevvie has been a major success as a coach, and outperformed all expectations, so any talk of "hate" is apocryphal.

Man Mchunt finds new and creative ways to take the mickey lmao.

Every team in the top 4 rested players be it the last round or the round before, the ones that didn't couldn't afford to, so not really sure how it can disqualify or qualify a coach.

This will keep happening till the NRL does something about it, making a week break from the last round to Finals would most likely fix the issue.

Every team in the top 4 rested players be it the last round or the round before, the ones that didn't couldn't afford to, so not really sure how it can disqualify or qualify a coach.

This will keep happening till the NRL does something about it, making a week break from the last round to Finals would most likely fix the issue.
Are you trying to say this tactic has been successfully used before by other coaches and Kev is just copying them? Hmmm not convinced kevvie is CoTy material. Give it to Flanagan.

Are you trying to say this tactic has been successfully used before by other coaches and Kev is just copying them? Hmmm not convinced kevvie is CoTy material. Give it to Flanagan.

He played his kid too, surprised you'd pick him.

Honestly can't be fucked explaining such a basic, and fleeting, utterance (Penrith didn't snub the minor premiership by resting the entire squad) over and over. Read the original post. It's not that profound.

If we don't win the premiership, we could have been known as the reigning Minor Premiers all throughout 2024. Hopefully, we'll beat that by being the reigning Premiers. But it was free cake for the taking, and we opted to forgo it. Once you realize COTY is decided before the GF, maybe it makes more sense. At this point we've won nothing.

Honestly can't be fucked explaining such a basic, and fleeting, utterance (Penrith didn't snub the minor premiership by resting the entire squad) over and over. Read the original post. It's not that profound.

If we don't win the premiership, we could have been known as the reigning Minor Premiers all throughout 2024. Hopefully, we'll beat that by being the reigning Premiers. But it was free cake for the taking, and we opted to forgo it. Once you realize COTY is decided before the GF, maybe it makes more sense. At this point we've won nothing.

We've won the hearts of the city though bro. **** yeah!

They allowed it to happen by resting a chunk of players the week before.

Not that it matters anyway, the NRL treats it like a joke by not giving it any real advantages over 2nd, like oh wow if we got it we can wear a home jersey for the grand final if we make it.

It's simply up to the people in charge of the game to make it matter if it isn't being taken seriously.

Master stroke by Kevvie, @McHunt is looking at this wrong.

Had the boys won the minor premiership, they could have thought they'd made it, sat back and rested on their laurels that, 'well at least we won the minor premiership' and think they are better than they are.

This way, they've won nothing yet and as Kevvie keeps saying, 'We aren't there yet' and so they keep pushing with no fall back consolation prize. They still need to prove themselves and now have that 0.1% extra motivation that might take them all the way.

Brilliant coaching.

If we don't win the premiership, we could have been known as the reigning Minor Premiers all throughout 2024.

Lol, who ever refers to last year's minor premiers. Feels like the energy of a kid who wasn't popular enough to win school captain so they made him president of the student council, where you do all the work and get none of the recognition. But it's probably still on your LinkedIn, right?

If Kev had sent a full-strength side against Melbourne's B team you'd be in here saying it was unsportsmanlike and the minor premiership wasn't deserved.

He played his kid too, surprised you'd pick him.
Literally my only gripe with him. I was a sceptic at the start of the year(voted 1 more year to see)but the old bugger has me believing. He can even articulate himself quite clearly these days,

Literally my only gripe with him. I was a sceptic at the start of the year(voted 1 more year to see)but the old bugger has me believing. He can even articulate himself quite clearly these days,
Episode 1 Applause GIF by Friends

I still don't why you had that particular gripe......I never saw it.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Ondi
  • animal eater
  • Locky24
  • Strop
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • bb_gun
  • Big Del
  • Jedhead
  • levikaden
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • Manofoneway
  • Sproj
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.