THE COACH Kevin Walters

I wonder if Kevvie wins the premiership and COTY, if Bradley C Stubbs will take any credit for it.

Former Palmer United senator, Glenn Lazarus:

“A lot of people don’t take Kevvie seriously because he doesn’t take himself seriously. He’s a very joking and jovial guy. Some people saw him as the clown. Some of the things he’s been portrayed as, it wouldn’t happen to a Wayne Bennett, Craig Bellamy or Trent Robinson. It was because people didn’t take him seriously as a first grade coach.”​
“I don’t think Kevvie’s got an enemy in the world. When I think back on my career at the Broncos, ‘Kevvie’ was just as big an influence on what we achieved as ‘Alf’ was. He’s got a great personality, football brain and understanding of the game. I, and people around him, knew he was going to make a good coach, it was just a matter of whether the players and club were patient and bought into what he was trying to set up. I’m so happy for the guy. I’ve known him for 35-40 years and love the bloke. I love the fact he’s turned this club around. It went from being this mighty club which everyone else aspired to be, to being the worst club in the competition in a very short period of time due to having the wrong people in certain positions."​
“Kevvie has created this culture. I’ve been around the club and on the bus going to games. They absolutely love being in each other’s company and don’t want to let each other down. That’s what I call a winning culture. The Broncos have that in spades at the moment and a lot of that is due to Kevvie’s work and the people he’s got around him.”​

Ikin:

“You don’t know where the gaps are in your coaching in the NRL until you become a head coach in the NRL. The thing I like about Kev is he shows you who he is, right from the get go. Because he does it that way, he learns quickly what’s working and what’s not. He goes hell for leather then he reviews, refines and goes again. You are never left in two minds with Kev about what he is thinking and feeling. There is a lot of uncertainty in elite sport, so that honesty is a good thing to have. With ‘Kev’, that’s the thing I enjoyed. He holds nothing back and at the same time, when he isn’t nailing something, he is very quick to adapt and be better the next time around.”​
“Right at the core of all the great coaches is this absolute belief that they are good enough to coach a team to a premiership and an absolute belief that they have a team that can win a premiership. Everything I have heard and seen from ‘Kev’, he is in that spot. He believes he is the right man and his team is good enough, then you give the players the tools and the environment they need to be at their best.”​

Reynolds:

“I didn’t know too much about ‘Kevvie’ as a person before I came to the club, but from our first chat, we had very similar views on the game and how it’s played. Talking to ‘Kev’, that was a big part of wanting to take on a new challenge at the Broncos. It’s important in rugby league to be serious but also have that enjoyment factor and ‘Kevvie’ gets that. When you are enjoying yourself, you tend to play better, that’s one thing that he does well as a coach. He knows how to enjoy himself and get the closest bonding team possible to enjoy the outcome."​
“He also trusts the players. Our leadership group has a lot of input in the style we want to play.”​
“I think ‘Kevvie’ deserves to be coach of the year. You only have to look back a couple of years ago when he took over the Broncos, he came in at a time where the team wasn’t doing too well and their confidence was shot. Players weren’t playing to their potential and he has turned the club around in a short amount of time. He has the belief factor back in the team and he has got us playing an exciting brand of football that everyone loves watching. I love ‘Kevvie’ as a bloke. He is a terrific fella who knows how to have a good time, but he knows when to be serious. They are good traits to have as a coach.”​

Billy Walters:

“He has won six comps – he will keep telling you that."​

Former Palmer United senator, Glenn Lazarus:

“A lot of people don’t take Kevvie seriously because he doesn’t take himself seriously. He’s a very joking and jovial guy. Some people saw him as the clown. Some of the things he’s been portrayed as, it wouldn’t happen to a Wayne Bennett, Craig Bellamy or Trent Robinson. It was because people didn’t take him seriously as a first grade coach.”​
“I don’t think Kevvie’s got an enemy in the world. When I think back on my career at the Broncos, ‘Kevvie’ was just as big an influence on what we achieved as ‘Alf’ was. He’s got a great personality, football brain and understanding of the game. I, and people around him, knew he was going to make a good coach, it was just a matter of whether the players and club were patient and bought into what he was trying to set up. I’m so happy for the guy. I’ve known him for 35-40 years and love the bloke. I love the fact he’s turned this club around. It went from being this mighty club which everyone else aspired to be, to being the worst club in the competition in a very short period of time due to having the wrong people in certain positions."​
“Kevvie has created this culture. I’ve been around the club and on the bus going to games. They absolutely love being in each other’s company and don’t want to let each other down. That’s what I call a winning culture. The Broncos have that in spades at the moment and a lot of that is due to Kevvie’s work and the people he’s got around him.”​

Ikin:

“You don’t know where the gaps are in your coaching in the NRL until you become a head coach in the NRL. The thing I like about Kev is he shows you who he is, right from the get go. Because he does it that way, he learns quickly what’s working and what’s not. He goes hell for leather then he reviews, refines and goes again. You are never left in two minds with Kev about what he is thinking and feeling. There is a lot of uncertainty in elite sport, so that honesty is a good thing to have. With ‘Kev’, that’s the thing I enjoyed. He holds nothing back and at the same time, when he isn’t nailing something, he is very quick to adapt and be better the next time around.”​
“Right at the core of all the great coaches is this absolute belief that they are good enough to coach a team to a premiership and an absolute belief that they have a team that can win a premiership,” he said. Everything I have heard and seen from ‘Kev’, he is in that spot. He believes he is the right man and his team is good enough, then you give the players the tools and the environment they need to be at their best.”​

Reynolds:

“I didn’t know too much about ‘Kevvie’ as a person before I came to the club, but from our first chat, we had very similar views on the game and how it’s played. Talking to ‘Kev’, that was a big part of wanting to take on a new challenge at the Broncos. It’s important in rugby league to be serious but also have that enjoyment factor and ‘Kevvie’ gets that. When you are enjoying yourself, you tend to play better, that’s one thing that he does well as a coach. He knows how to enjoy himself and get the closest bonding team possible to enjoy the outcome."​
“He also trusts the players. Our leadership group has a lot of input in the style we want to play.”​
“I think ‘Kevvie’ deserves to be coach of the year. You only have to look back a couple of years ago when he took over the Broncos, he came in at a time where the team wasn’t doing too well and their confidence was shot. Players weren’t playing to their potential and he has turned the club around in a short amount of time. He has the belief factor back in the team and he has got us playing an exciting brand of football that everyone loves watching. I love ‘Kevvie’ as a bloke. He is a terrific fella who knows how to have a good time, but he knows when to be serious. They are good traits to have as a coach.”​

Billy Walters:

“He has won six comps – he will keep telling you that."​
That Ikin quote read like a complisult

Some of the scheming this season from Reynolds on the field just wouldn’t happen at the Rabbitohs. I think Kevvie and Reynolds just compliment each other very well.

Rabbitohs didn't need Reynolds to be that kind of player, they had Cody Walker and Latrell out the back. He's still been great for us but definitely more prepared to do the dirty work and straighten our attack to provide the time and space for Walsh out the back, last season he was having to come up with the plays a bit more.

Rabbitohs didn't need Reynolds to be that kind of player, they had Cody Walker and Latrell out the back. He's still been great for us but definitely more prepared to do the dirty work and straighten our attack to provide the time and space for Walsh out the back, last season he was having to come up with the plays a bit more.

Maybe not, but imagine how much better they would have been had he been allowed?

Rabbitohs didn't need Reynolds to be that kind of player, they had Cody Walker and Latrell out the back.

:rofl ......Latrell the schemer.
Michael Jordan Lol GIF

He's an opportunist at best.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Ondi
  • Big Del
  • HarryAllan7
  • john1420
  • mrslong
  • Justwin
  • Santa
  • Galah
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncsgoat
  • Mister Wright
  • Dazza 92
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.