THE COACH Kevin Walters

It’s treading water, if we scrape into 8th spot next year does that mean we give Kevvie another year because we made the finals? No, so why are we happy to give him another year now? He had a much better roster this year than last, I don’t think finishing 9th is the barometer of improvement some may make it out to be, particularly given the nature of the losses over the last month.

Kevvie can’t blame anyone else. The results earlier in the year should keep him 10 rounds into next year and hopefully things bounce back with the back of Haas, Turpin finally and James but there are no guarantees and worst of all, the inexplicably team selections of Turps, James, a clearly unfit Reynolds and Capewell are all on Kevvie.

And as it stands, one of our only two consistently good players this year is unsigned.

Wrong. Kev will be there next year and so he should be. If by round 10 they are rubbish he will be likely gone. They aren't going to sack him because who do they replace him with? Another rookie coach? The facts are we got twice as many wins this year than we did the year before and kev had something to do with it. I think this season is a pass. Double the wins from last year, good footy in patches. Alot to build on for next year.

This comment just shows the problem. We're happy to accept mediocrity.

We were in 4th after Round 19. Now we're missing the 8. That is not a pass in any way shape or form. The resources and roster the coaching staff have at their disposal, what's happening now is unacceptable. Plain and simple.

This comment just shows the problem. We're happy to accept mediocrity.

We were in 4th after Round 19. Now we're missing the 8. That is not a pass in any way shape or form. The resources and roster the coaching staff have at their disposal, what's happening now is unacceptable. Plain and simple.

There’s a difference between accepting it and being forced to go with it for lack of better options. Right now there are no proven gettable coaches available that we know of. If that changes, I’m sure Kevvie will be under far more pressure than he would be right now.

He should be gone right now. Self sabotaged us with his awful team selections in that Tigers game onwards. Absolute clown fiesta.

It’s easy to say that but who are we bringing in?

Let’s discuss options.

At present, these are the choices:
Flanagan (passed over by everyone so far, apparently not even considered)
Maguire (Has failed /sacked at late stint South’s and Tigers)
A current assistant coach (who? Kearney? Hannay? Morris? Barrett? Ryles? Someone else?)
A super league coach (Wane? Lam? Hodgson? Woolf? Someone else?)
A Q Cup coach? (Hunt? Hodges? Neither have much experience at this level yet either)
A total punt based on little evidence (Slater? Smith? Lockyer? Someone else?)

Who out of that lot is screaming out pick me, I’m better than Kevvie?

I don’t know and I wouldn’t be against giving Hannay or one of the Super League options a go but if we do, it is a massive risk in any case.

There’s a difference between accepting it and being forced to go with it for lack of better options. Right now there are no proven gettable coaches available that we know of. If that changes, I’m sure Kevvie will be under far more pressure than he would be right now.
For a start there are 2 premiership winning coaches available now. Also there should be a few coaches with a career win rate higher than 30 odd pct

For a start there are 2 premiership winning coaches available now. Also there should be a few coaches with a career win rate higher than 30 odd pct

Flanagan - As mentioned above, passed over by a lot of desperate clubs the last two years - why?
Maguire - Just got sacked by the wooden spooners and couldn’t attract anyone to the club, notorious for burning players out - this would be woeful for our lazy idiots.

Flanagan - As mentioned above, passed over by a lot of desperate clubs the last two years - why?

Because he was still banned for half of it. He served his final year in 2021 and the coaching jobs he went for this year, the clubs wanted Ciraldo because "next big thing" apparently.

I'd be trying to get Hannay and Kearney as assistants if Kev is going again. The left field option is Toovey.

I want Flanagan no where near our club. The guy is a cancer, he shouldn't be allowed to have any involvement at any level in Rugby League.

I surely hope Kevin quit before getting sacked or even bearing another season

He had way much better roster than Seibold had frankly, but he has done nothing to get the pass mark.

If the club set up final as the minimum, then the head coach should take full responsibility for not achieving it.

I’m very surprised Kevin getting so much support because “he took Broncos to 9th from the wooden spoon”, if the expectation is this low, what difference does it make between us and dog fans or knights fans.

For any sports, if winning is not part of the club’s culture, then it’s a shitty club. Currently Storms, Roosters, Panthers or even sharks and south are the clubs with culture to talk about, we don’t. We are losing our culture because we shit, we lose and we have some fans happy with being 9th.

I personally don’t want to give Kevin another season or even 10 rounds, the last game this season would be his farewell game and he still have a few days to prepare a more emotional speech.

Please save some dignity for you and your family!

all I have left to say is thank god BHQ has no say in the running of the Brisbane Broncos ... if you thought 13/14 wins was bad, wait until you see what would happen if BHQ was handed control of the club.

all I have left to say is thank god BHQ has no say in the running of the Brisbane Broncos ... if you thought 13/14 wins was bad, wait until you see what would happen if BHQ was handed control of the club.
We think missing the 8 is bad. No one is saying that BHQ should be running the club either, just that finishing outside of the top 8 is a failure.

“ all I have left to say is thank god ordinary people has no say in the running of the Government ... if you thought the Politicians were bad, wait until you see what would happen if ordinary people was handed control of the country. “

Is this how we play the game?

“ all I have left to say is thank god ordinary people has no say in the running of the Government ... if you thought the Politicians were bad, wait until you see what would happen if ordinary people was handed control of the country. “

Is this how we play the game?

Politicians are ordinary people, when did they become something special

Active Now

• JamesC
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.