Korbin Sims to Red Hill

BrentTatesChin

BrentTatesChin

QCup Player
Jul 30, 2016
Korbin Sims to Red Hill? Anything else on that rumour?

C2KwvdeUcAAXSA8.jpg:large

@Smokin' Joe Anything doing?

@Smokin' Joe yes. anything doing, not just about Korbin but any forward? pls

I'd be all for this... I especially liked the pay cut part!! He's actually been solid over the last couple of seasons.

There's really not a lot of good props around in today's day and age, especially ones that we could realistically get. It seems like the only big name players we can generally get in the room with are players either who are from / lived in Queensland, players who are unwanted by their current club or players who are currently playing for the Titans or Cowboys.

Hence why we've been chasing those 3, they're the cream of the crop in that criteria. (Apart from Matt Scott, but he's never leaving NQ)

By the sounds of it, Napa was our top priority, but he's staying in Sydney.. Our second option was James, but he's staying on the Gold Coast.. Which leaves our 3rd and final option, Sims, who would probably join the Broncos on the minimum wage if we asked nicely. It's not a great signing, but if he comes on a discount on a short-term deal, there's no harm done, we'll either get a bargain or another 1-year pillow (Kennedy, Tasi, Garbutt, etc)

I think we're still 1 big forward short, as it's been said 50 times already. That's the only reason I'm hoping we do get Korbin, he's a big boy, he's young and I feel like Wayne will get the absolute best out of him.

I view him as a better version of Jarrod Wallace (currently) with a lot more potential upside if he gets it right.

Edit: Forgot this was the Ben Hunt thread.

I rate Wallace ahead of Korbin Sims
Sims is another overrated plodder just like his brothers

Good to hear some positivity, a lot of sites say the Broncos are on the slide and will be lucky to make the top eight this season without the likes of Parker and Wallace.
They said the same thing two years ago fresh off the horrendous "Hook era". Then everyone tipped them to win it in 2016 (which was never going to happen). The Broncos will be firmly entrenched in the eight and only injuries, fatigue and form will determine where they finish. They are capable of going all the way despite being fairly light on in the forwards (supposedly but also overblown).

I rate Wallace ahead of Korbin Sims
Sims is another overrated plodder just like his brothers

Wallace was better than Sims in 2016, no question asked. It was a really off year for Korbin, he was considerably more reliable in 2015, we can only hope that if he comes here that Wayne gets him back to his 2015 form, or ideally career best form.

Wallace (2016) - 8.8 runs - 83.2 metres - 9.45 metres per run - 22.1 tackles - 0.3 offloads
Sims (2015) - 11.9 runs - 115.3 metres - 9.68 metres per run - 25.4 tackles - 0.5 offloads

Why are you using two different years to compare them though?

Why are you using two different years to compare them though?

2015 was Korbin's best season, 2016 was Wallace's best season.

I used those stats to illustrate that it's possible for Korbin to come here and be a better version of Wallace for us, assuming Wayne can work his magic.

2015 was Korbin's best season, 2016 was Wallace's best season.

I used those stats to illustrate that it's possible for Korbin to come here and be a better version of Wallace for us, assuming Wayne can work his magic.

Wallace is progressing forward and I think will have a huge year this year for the titans. Sims on the other hand is regressing majorly. Both are the same age. Give me Jarrod Wallace any day of the week. He is definitely ready to start in the front row now.

Wallace is progressing forward and I think will have a huge year this year for the titans. Sims on the other hand is regressing majorly. Both are the same age. Give me Jarrod Wallace any day of the week. He is definitely ready to start in the front row now.

I disagree, one bad season does not equal regression, if that's the case then there's no chance we should be re-signing Hunt, he's cooked.

Wallace hasn't really improved that much honestly, he's consistently average, I'll be keeping an eye on him at the Titans, I don't think he'll be turning any heads.

Agree Wallace will come into his own down at Titans.
What's wrong with Sims?

I disagree, one bad season does not equal regression, if that's the case then there's no chance we should be re-signing Hunt, he's cooked.

Wallace hasn't really improved that much honestly, he's consistently average, I'll be keeping an eye on him at the Titans, I don't think he'll be turning any heads.

I think Wallace has improved immensely and the Titans are about to get a career year out of him. (which sucks)

Agree Wallace will come into his own down at Titans.
What's wrong with Sims?

Just don't rate him plain and simple. He is of simular mould to his brothers. Completely and utterly overrated and overhyped.

I agree ! Wallace is definitely a solid first grader but i can't see him improving 2 much more.

Unread

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • Culhwch
  • leon.bott
  • Bucking Beads
  • GCBRONCO
  • Santa
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Huge
  • Organix
  • FACTHUNT
  • LittleDavey
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.