Maroons Origin III Squad

i agree with beads unfortunately.

my heart is saying QLD will romp it in, but my head is saying the opposite. NSWs forward pack is just too big, fast and strong. combine that with ours being big and slow with horrible line speed from basically the whole team, and i just cant see us winning realistically. our attack has been pretty pathetic all series, our defence speed atrocious, ball handling the worst its ever been, and thurston has played his 2 worst origins to date back to back. we dont have a guaranteed try machine like folau, our second best winger in Yow Yeh is gone, our best player in game 1 was a guy whos had more knee reconstructions than hot dinners and was playing out of position, and now we've gone and lost the number 1 player in the game and are probably still carrying 2 write-offs in Taylor and Gillett.

i hope im wrong, but im not heading to Suncorp expecting a win. im expecting to feel something i havent felt in 7 years unfortunately :(

Don't get me wrong I hope QLD win and we get the 7 in a row and send Petro off a winner but I really think NSW have our measure this year.

I feel the tide is turning, but I don't think it will happen this series.

Despite how well NSW performed and having that 1 man advantage...the only won by 4. Queensland at times just looked too composed and didn't seem to risk their hand enough. A couple of passes (Smith, Slater, JT etc.) just didn't go to hand and IMO that cost us points.

On our home turf, with our backs against the wall, I believe Queensland will lift. I don't think NSW have another gear and losing Uate will have big ramifications for them. He's like an extra forward for them and at times, he's been one of their best forwards.

Morris isn't any better in defence and has more brain explosions in him.

I feel the tide is turning, but I don't think it will happen this series.

Despite how well NSW performed and having that 1 man advantage...the only won by 4. Queensland at times just looked too composed and didn't seem to risk their hand enough. A couple of passes (Smith, Slater, JT etc.) just didn't go to hand and IMO that cost us points.

On our home turf, with our backs against the wall, I believe Queensland will lift. I don't think NSW have another gear and losing Uate will have big ramifications for them. He's like an extra forward for them and at times, he's been one of their best forwards.

Morris isn't any better in defence and has more brain explosions in him.

Plus, Maroons have been performing below expectations thus far IMO. At home in Brisbane, they'll definitely play at their potential and blow them away just like last year.

Drop Petero.

Or at least add Minutes wasted getting back on feet to play the ball to official stats so people can see how ****ing useless he is.

Don't get me wrong I hope QLD win and we get the 7 in a row and send Petro off a winner but I really think NSW have our measure this year.

Petro will go out a winner regardless of the result.

Maroons lift for sure - I think they have a lot in the tank that we haven't seen so far. I'm very aware of the past two games this year, but can't underestimate them on home turf, Civo last game and just feel like they have been holding back some how... I really think they will come out a much different team and play a lot better - dare I say QLD by 10+? (not saying NSW have a bad team by any means, it's the most formidable in years - but I think QLD will come out firing).

This is whats giving me hope for game 3. Our attack turned to shit nearly every time we went to the right in game 2 and we still managed to control a fair amount of the 2nd half. I have to admit I was one of the people that wasn't really worried about Thaiday being out for game 2 but after watching the match i realised how valuable he is in attack for us.

The x-factor could actually be the home ground advantage. Queensland have a great record at Lang Park over the last six years and I think it's worth at least ten points. We just play good footy there so I wouldn't write us off yet despite the uncertainty around the team and the mobile Blues line up.

I'm optimistic as well.

NSW has a versatile and quick pack, but we actually contained them better in the second game at ANZ, and dominated them for large periods of the game, especially the last third, which convinces me we can go toe to toe with them.

We still have a much superior backline, especially when it comes to the playmakers, as long as they work together and bring their A game.

Last but not least, there is no way Qld won't fire up at Suncorp with the series on the line and Petero's farewell. Like QUEENSLANDER said, if Taylor doesn't fire up for this game, he never will. And while I have very strong doubts about Taylor's Origin heart (I hope he proves me wrong), I have none whatsoever about every single other player selected.

Qld by 10+

I'm optimistic because the NSW halves haven't done anything...well Carney hasn't done anything except that linebreak and Pearce hasn't done anything ever. If our halves play how we know they can, we've got a lot more points in us than they do.

It all comes down to the first 20mins IMO. If Qld come out firing and dominate the early exchanges, even if they don't put on a lot of points (6-8), they'll wear nsw down from there and go on with it.

If nsw jump out of the blocks and get a lead I fear Qld will struggle to peg them back. It'll be the absence of Lockyer and Slater in that scenario that worries me.

For mine, a big difference seems that Qld have learned that Thurston is not much chop on the right hand side and will structure plays using Cronk controlling the right side, taking a lot of pressure off Thurston. I reckon the Maroons are seriously suffering the loss of Lockyer's control, composure and vision on both sides.

Last game, the team seemed to go much better after Cronk took over on the right.

I also think Thaiday is a key player, again especially on the right hand side. Hope he makes it, and with Civo's farewell Origin, I reckon the missing mongrel will return

I honestly think NSW will beat us.

Interestingly the current market has QLD at $1.60 and NSW at $2.35. I'm not convinced NSW will win, but I certainly don't think QLD deserve to be that much of favourites.

p.s - I'm not Jaimie Rogers.

Interestingly the current market has QLD at $1.60 and NSW at $2.35. I'm not convinced NSW will win, but I certainly don't think QLD deserve to be that much of favourites.

I'd be quite happy to give Jaimie Rogers my best tip.

Fair enough.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.