Maroons Origin III Squad

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
we dont just need to stick with them for the first half hour, we need to actually do something in that first half hour. in both games this series we've come out of the blocks like we just didnt want to be there. our first sets of six have looked like it was the 75th minute and we were behind by 50, not 0-0 at the 1st minute.

I totally agree with this. It's not just, as Coxy put it, starting out slow, it's more like what I think AP is getting at - there was no intensity.

My memory of last year was, in particular, Scott and Shillington just constantly carving them up the middle, so different this year so far.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
You must be thinking of 2010 because Shillo missed all of '11.

We started well in the first two games last year before blowing them off the park in game three.

We've been behind the 8 ball on both occasions so far this series.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Im not worried at all for this series decider i've been boasting this would be an QLD victory for awhile now, NSW will have to take it up one or two more paces to beat this Maroon side theres just too big a gap between them. There's no shame in acting cocky when you know the result is 100% obvious.

Did you miss the first two games did you?

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
Did you miss the first two games did you?

Maroons almost won game 2 when they weren't even giving it their all, id say if they gave it atleast 80% of their best they could've snuck home. I mean if the Maroons bothered to go all out right from the start, the Harvey Norman Shield would already be in the Trophy cabinet. Surely it must be because holding the decider to game 3 is much more dramatic and exciting. Gotta give Mal and Cameron credit, they must have known wrapping up the series already would've been boring and underwhelming, yeah thats gotta be it.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
You think it's as simple as that?

QLD didn't play their best because they played like shit. It's not a matter of them running out and only giving 20%. It means there is something wrong with the team.

No Origin player runs out to play ok. They all play with the intention to win. The fact they do that, and play like shit, means something needs to change.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
You must be thinking of 2010 because Shillo missed all of '11.

We started well in the first two games last year before blowing them off the park in game three.

We've been behind the 8 ball on both occasions so far this series.

Ooops. Still, I was getting a bit worried, no, a lot worried, at the apparent lack of determination so far, and there is no doubt in my mind that Thurston needs to concentrate much more on the left side and work on getting as much ball to Inglis as possible.

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
I would have dropped Gillett before Taylor.

Closer we get to this the less confident I am.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I'm not a big fan of Taylor, but surely he's better than Gillett and especially Te'o?

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
We are weakening our 3/4 line, but fullback is more important than centre.

anzac7

anzac7

NYC Player
Sep 25, 2011
Looks like Inglis to FB, nielsen in to centre, Taylor out for Te'o

http://www.nrl.com/slater-out,-gi-to-fullback-for-origin-iii/tabid/10874/newsid/68318/default.aspx

Disappointed that taylor wont be given one more shot. he brings more to the tablet than gillet

WOW! BIG CALL! Can't believe Taylor out over Gillette - if Gillette is ever going to lift for Origin this is it as be must know it was his neck on the line with Taylor as opposed to T'eo and Taylor.. Big, big call.. Taylor and T'eo would have been the better option, but if that's the way it is them come on Gillette, bring back that form.

I think if anything Taylor murdered his chances with that try (that would not have been a try anyway) when he tried to be spectacular as opposed to just placing hands down for the points - that would annoy me as a coach - it actually says a lot about many other things too...

V

Viti

NRL Player
Feb 2, 2011
I honestly cannot understand why Mal would go with gillett over taylor for this match, what does gillet offer that taylor doesnt??

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Feels too much like weakening one position for another.

It is, but i think the amount we strengthen fullback definitely outweighs the loss in centre. Inglis at fullback will be a nightmare for nsw. i cant wait!

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I must be the only confident Maroons fan left.

Blimey wake up and smell the roses!

We have a LEGENDARY spine in

1. GI
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
9. Smith

A bloody good pack & a very handy defensive line.

We haven't played our best footy, but infront of a passionate crowd that lives and breathes this type of footy I believe there best footy is here.

Not to mention, the dry track will suit our players more, especially players like Gillett.

If we lose, it's going to take a hell of a performance from the Blues. They're going to have to throw everything at us and more.

This cowardly chicken little s**t is making me sick.

But that's alright because by Wednesday night all of you will join me in crying the one famous word...

QUEENSLANDER!!!

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I honestly cannot understand why Mal would go with gillett over taylor for this match, what does gillet offer that taylor doesnt??

No idea. On his day taylor is twice the player gillet is. Just his pure size is 1 thing gillet cant bring to the table. They really shouldve said to taylor "last chance mate. show us what u got". if he plays rubbish, blacklist him from the team!

anzac7

anzac7

NYC Player
Sep 25, 2011
I think we are all excited about the QLD backline, just brilliant! It's more the fact that Gillette will be there instead of Taylor... I think he would have put in a good performance too if he had been picked going by the things he's been saying (reminds me of when he first played). He did deserve a last chance.. and some one probably would have got flattened..

But in saying that, he still might be chosen, Mal is announcing tomorrow. (might dwell on how Scott pulls up after that tragedy)

V

Viti

NRL Player
Feb 2, 2011
No idea. On his day taylor is twice the player gillet is. Just his pure size is 1 thing gillet cant bring to the table. They really shouldve said to taylor "last chance mate. show us what u got". if he plays rubbish, blacklist him from the team!
My thoughts exactly, especially with the way gillett has been used coming off the bench

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Morkel
  • broncsgoat
  • ChewThePhatt
  • levikaden
  • Wolfie
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.