Matt Lodge Discussion

Seems like a pretty balanced opinion to me, what did you take offence to?

"I’m proud that rugby league has given this man a second chance and that he has taken it."

She pretty clearly states that she supports him being given a chance, which is what any reasonable person should agree with.

We should be supporting people who are changing for the better.
That part was about Packer. She shits on Lodge all over her Twitter and supports the Eels who are filled with criminals. If she has changed her tune and is ok with Lodge now then good for her, but I've seen the crap she's written all year and don't believe her in the slightest.

That part was about Packer. She shits on Lodge all over her Twitter and supports the Eels who are filled with criminals. If she has changed her tune and is ok with Lodge now then good for her, but I've seen the crap she's written all year and don't believe her in the slightest.
Don't use Twitter, but nothing in that article seems bad to me. Seems fair enough even though the part about lodge try was cringe.

Yet another “expert opinion” piece from a person outraged by nothing more than incorrect information.

This is why the internet is a cesspool of uninformed people parroting bullshit - if those paid for their comment do not bother to do research, what hope do we have for anyone else.

We know why Matt hadn’t paid compensation. We know why the Broncos we’re happy to sign him during this situation. We also know why the NRL were similarly happy to allow it. And most of all, we know what Matt went through to redeem himself.

It was all made public long before the media wound up the outrage siren.

Seems like a pretty balanced opinion to me, what did you take offence to?

"I’m proud that rugby league has given this man a second chance and that he has taken it."

She pretty clearly states that she supports him being given a chance, which is what any reasonable person should agree with.

We should be supporting people who are changing for the better.
I find it amazing you can read the words and not understand them. They were simple and easy words and she clearly has a double standard. She applauds the signing and rehabilitation of the murderous Packer but clearly is totally opposed to the vastly less dangerous Lodge following a similar path. **** of a thing clearly.

Why don't we just cut to the chase? She's a journalist.

Ah Mary. She’s managed to use a good thing to create a power base and platform (being a lawyer, unsurprising) for her holier-than-thou opinions. Someone needs to remind her that her club employs Kirisome Auva’a

So ... Jessica Halloran's partner, James Hooper (the Fox Sports NRL journo), is appearing in court next Thursday in Sydney. Allegedly for jumping on car bonnets whilst on the sauce. Swings and roundabouts hey?

Last edited:
So ... Jessica Halloran's partner, James Hooper (the Fox Sports NRL journo), is appearing in court next Thursday in Sydney. Allegedly for jumping on car bonnets whilst on the sauce. Swings and roundabouts hey?

Bahaha. That is too delicious. I look forward to the her faux outrage article...

Any links?

Has anyone asked her / bombarded her on Twitter about why she's keeping her mouth shut?

I'm sure she will make this Matt Lodge's fault.

She should be shat on because her partner is James Hooper, nvm any stupid shit he does

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Johnny92
  • Broncs1459
  • Rambstien
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Strop
  • The Strapper
  • Footy Fanatic
  • The Don
  • Wendall Taylor
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncojim
  • Allo
  • Foordy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Xzei
  • NSW stables
  • Battler
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Locky's Left Boot
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.