Matt Lodge Discussion

I sure as hell will take the moral high ground, and it will be anything but sanctimonious, because the worst things I've done in my life (according to society), are: speeding, not completely stopping at a stop sign and other minor traffic offences, I may or may not have smoked illegal substances and walked out of a supermarket as kid with an unpaid chocolate in my pocket... and yes, I have been blind drunk too, without feeling the urge to glass someone, break into someone's home and threaten to kill them, stomp on a person's head, or abort my unborn child by kicking the mother in the gut.

The bold part would implicate that he would be denied a right, which a high paid career in the limelight is not. It's a privilege!
No one is saying he should stay in jail forever, or denied an opportunity to earn an honest buck outside of the public eye.

There are plenty of professions which society has deemed being permanently unattainable for people with a criminal past. High profile professional sports are in my opinion, part of those that should be permanently denied once someone commits a crime of such a nature as Lodge or Packer committed, not to speak of Metcalf, who still tops the list, but flew under the radar.

The example I am talking about, is the idea that regardless of your past behaviour, talent opens doors that would otherwise be forever shut for the unlucky talent-less people who are shunned forever once they are branded a criminal for much lesser offences (which is something I also do not agree with btw).

I am afraid that your approach is sanctimonious. Luckily the judiciary, those in charge of the Broncos, the NRL and a fair percentage of the community do not share such a pious attitude. I take it that as an expression of your moral outrage you will be no longer supporting the club?

I am afraid that your approach is sanctimonious. Luckily the judiciary, those in charge of the Broncos, the NRL and a fair percentage of the community do not share such a pious attitude. I take it that as an expression of your moral outrage you will be no longer supporting the club?
If you read my previous posts on this matter, you probably wouldn't have said that... because I have not been critical of the Broncos approach. See my previous post about this:

https://broncoshq.com/threads/lodge-warning-one-strike-youre-out.33486/page-2#post-2910872

That said, I would expect you to at least rebut my reasoning with something other than a sarcastic dig, which I normally expect from other posters...

P.S. If having less consideration for criminals than for their victims is being sanctimonious, that's a badge I'll proudly wear.

If you read my previous posts on this matter, you probably wouldn't have said that... because I have not been critical of the Broncos approach. See my previous post about this:

https://broncoshq.com/threads/lodge-warning-one-strike-youre-out.33486/page-2#post-2910872

That said, I would expect you to at least rebut my reasoning with something other than a sarcastic dig, which I normally expect from other posters...

P.S. If having less consideration for criminals than for their victims is being sanctimonious, that's a badge I'll proudly wear.

My apologies if I misinterpreted your post, I had not had much sleep in the last few nights.

The want their $1.6 million dollars ... but they don't want him tor be able to earn the $1.6 million to give them ... what do they want him to do rob a bank

I dont blame his victims for wanting to be compensated, but as you say, if he doesnt have a successful career they wont get a cent. They cant have things both ways. This is just a beat up.

God I’m so sick of hearing about this.

Lodge quite obviously did the wrong thing. There’s absolutely no debating that, but 1.6 million in damages is ridiculous.

The prosecutors offered a plea deal, he took it. They imposed a fine and allowed him to leave the country. They want him to pay it back, but he’s not allowed to use ‘his trade’ to do it. Get absolutely fucked.

If those people think they deserve 1.6 million dollars for that they’re kidding themselves. US settlements have no business being discussed outside the US because everyone knows they’re ridiculous.

I hate that they’re now using the child as media leverage as well. He can’t sleep etc. Whether that’s true or not - it’s irrelevant. It’s just the media being *****.

Then there’s the people saying “player x did this and he’s not allowed back”. Well - player x also had 10 fucking chances. Rehabilitation works. You can’t just pick and choose who gets it and who doesn’t.

Foxsports have got the CCTV footage up now. This story is their new Jarryd Hayne to NFL.

Foxsports have got the CCTV footage up now. This story is their new Jarryd Hayne to NFL.
Man 1.6 million for THAT. He was so wasted he could hardly throw a punch let alone connect with one. No way he would have had the coordination to bust down a bathroom door either he was probably just knocking on it or something lol. That guy ran off too and left his wife and kid to deal with it wtf? Lodge is pretty lucky he didn't get shot looks like he threw a bottle or something at the cops.

Man 1.6 million for THAT. He was so wasted he could hardly throw a punch let alone connect with one. No way he would have had the coordination to bust down a bathroom door either he was probably just knocking on it or something lol. That guy ran off too and left his wife and kid to deal with it wtf? Lodge is pretty lucky he didn't get shot looks like he threw a bottle or something at the cops.
Looks like he was doing well to stand...

Lol at that CCTV footage, he's more off his face than anyone I've ever seen. They made it seem like he was in a rage and was of a sound mind when the "attack" happened. He looks like he couldn't punch the broad side of a barn in that state.

Looks like he was doing well to stand...

He was just trying to hug that guy and only became aggressive when that meany tried to get away and wouldn't hug him back

I dont blame his victims for wanting to be compensated, but as you say, if he doesnt have a successful career they wont get a cent. They cant have things both ways. This is just a beat up.
The article I read on fox sports quoted the victims as saying they were happy for him to continue playing rugby, presumably because it would put lodge in a position to be able to pay the money.

The article I read on fox sports quoted the victims as saying they were happy for him to continue playing rugby, presumably because it would put lodge in a position to be able to pay the money.

That was the way I read it. Think some people may not have read the article properly.

The holier than thou attitude from other fans is sickening considering the shit other players have done.

If he's winning us games I'll laugh at the meltdowns on LU, FB, etc.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Bish
  • Broncosgirl
  • Spoon
  • eggstar10
  • broncotville
  • Skyblues87
  • kiwibronco
  • Skathen
  • Fozz
  • Sproj
  • Froosh
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Wolfie
  • HarryAllan7
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BroncosMan
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.