Matt Lodge Discussion

God I’m so sick of hearing about this.

Lodge quite obviously did the wrong thing. There’s absolutely no debating that, but 1.6 million in damages is ridiculous.

The prosecutors offered a plea deal, he took it. They imposed a fine and allowed him to leave the country. They want him to pay it back, but he’s not allowed to use ‘his trade’ to do it. Get absolutely fucked.

If those people think they deserve 1.6 million dollars for that they’re kidding themselves. US settlements have no business being discussed outside the US because everyone knows they’re ridiculous.

I hate that they’re now using the child as media leverage as well. He can’t sleep etc. Whether that’s true or not - it’s irrelevant. It’s just the media being ****s.

Then there’s the people saying “player x did this and he’s not allowed back”. Well - player x also had 10 fucking chances. Rehabilitation works. You can’t just pick and choose who gets it and who doesn’t.

How will that $1.6 million help their child sleep better or get over any mental trauma? It’s a fucking joke.

“We think we deserve a massive lottery payout just like everyone else who has ever had anything bad happen, that way we can soothe our mental anguish with a bigger house, bigger car, some expensive holidays and a shit-tonne of blowing cash on stupid fuckery, eventually blowing it all and being more depressed than ever when we have to return to 9-5 jobs, hooked on drugs and lament why money didn’t make us happy like we thought it would”.

The FB comments on the video are the first time I've seen opposition fans sticking up for Lodge. The video is more comical than anything and there's a lot of comments along the lines of "is that it?".

The FB comments on the video are the first time I've seen opposition fans sticking up for Lodge. The video is more comical than anything and there's a lot of comments along the lines of "is that it?".

Which is probably half the reason it's taken this long to release it. Hard to drum up outrage when Benny Hill is a suitable track to put to it.

That was the way I read it. Think some people may not have read the article properly.
If this is directed at me then I did read the article properly. I wasn't referencing the article when I said people don't want him to play.

Bloody hell... is that it haha

If this happened in Australia and it wasn't a celebrity it'd be "pissed bastard throws some haymakers and punches hole in a wall"

Instead, America and the Australian rugby league media use words like "hostage" and "terrorised". I've seriously seen bigger assaults on a near WEEKLY basis on a Saturday night out... if every single one of those people had to pay the equivalent to what lodge is getting made to pay then we wouldn't have to pay taxes!

I am still on the fence about Lodge but the way some of you defend his actions is incredible to me. I hope not one of you said a bad thing about Pearce’s video, or Furgonson’s video.

The bias shown on this board is truly amazing.
You mean the video where Pearce took a dog hostage or when Ferguson terrorized that girl with his fingers?

I am still on the fence about Lodge but the way some of you defend his actions is incredible to me. I hope not one of you said a bad thing about Pearce’s video, or Furgonson’s video.

The bias shown on this board is truly amazing.

Nobody has defended his actions. We are laughing at what it was made to sound like as though he is Jake the Muss or something

FWIW I take back some of my comments on matter when I said he should have had to do a years jail. One or two months would have been sufficient. I was born in the wrong country, I could be a billionaire from suing people if I was from the good ol' USA.

Nobody has defended his actions. We are laughing at what it was made to sound like as though he is Jake the Muss or something
Everyone is down playing it. In a way that I’d be very surprised if they did if he had signed so a different team.

Honestly it's embarrassing to have this guy on our team, yes we need him but its a black eye for the Broncos.

If he was in any other state he would've been shot after throwing something at the police.

Everyone is down playing it. In a way that I’d be very surprised if they did if he had signed so a different team.
I'm sure if it had happened today and the footage came out nobody would be downplaying it but it's from 3 years ago. Old news.

This video is headlining the national news down here. The report also mentioned that NRMA Insurance are considering their options as far as sponsorship goes. Maybe signing this guy wasn't a great idea after all considering the Broncos are the highest of high profile clubs. Personally, I couldn't give a shit about his personal life, he is obviously a massive dickhead but if he helps the Broncos win a premiership, then all the other stuff is meaningless. But as long as he is playing a high profile sport and continues to have this outstanding debt, then the media will continue to hammer him.

Well things have gone a bit quiet on the Barnaby front soooo....Lodge can have it instead.

This video is headlining the national news down here. The report also mentioned that NRMA Insurance are considering their options as far as sponsorship goes. Maybe signing this guy wasn't a great idea after all considering the Broncos are the highest of high profile clubs. Personally, I couldn't give a shit about his personal life, he is obviously a massive dickhead but if he helps the Broncos win a premiership, then all the other stuff is meaningless. But as long as he is playing a high profile sport and continues to have this outstanding debt, then the media will continue to hammer him.

UNTIL he is selected for NSW. That’s the bullshit here. Lodge and the Broncos are being targeted here because it’s the Broncos. Packer etc never had this level of scrutiny, and they sure as **** didn’t “unearth” startling new clickbait a week from the season opener.

Personally it’s great because the Broncos perform best when they’re written off, criticised, etc. The damage that gets done is that the general public actually starts to believe it and have their opinion of the club skewed by BS. As you can see, that costs us sponsors, and it’ll cost us good-will. Not because of what Lodge did, but because of how the media wants to paint it.

It really annoys me that people still want to keep this guy down. He has already faced the criminal proceedings, subsequent punishment and time out of the game.

By all reports he has been a model person since he did this aka he knows he messed up.

His employers, the Broncos, and the NRL are happy to give him another chance. People need to stop being so harsh.

Packer's assault was 10 times worse. So people need to understand the NRL has not grounds to stop this guy playing.

Actually want to see lodge get man of the match now just to really piss the media off
Bloke has done his time now. Let him get on with it

Active Now

• JamesC
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.