Milford's Magic Moments

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Considering it looks certain Milford is gone at the end of this year, what are your favourite Milford moments?

Make another thread to bag him, by all means. Just the good times here.

2015 GF - best player on ground.

2016 vs Cows - that field goal. Probably the highlight of his Broncos career. Also set up Roberts to save the game.

2017 round one - match winning try against the Sharks.

2020 - that try against the Rabbits - perhaps the last taste of Milf magic.

Cows field goal 2016. Was awesome to watch. I just about exploded in anger when Thurston almost scored that try, and then Jimmy the jet set sail with all the work done by Milford. Goodness I miss that team.

Milf, Jimmy the jet. Good times

Another awesome Milford moment, in a shit game though. When we got smashed by bulldogs, 2016 probably? And hunt did a chip kick from around half way and Milford caught it on the full and did a goosey and sped to the try line. Was so smooth

All of those are great. For me I wouldn't put it down to a few instances rather it was just sitting back and watching his combination of Hunt in action in 2015 like the try he and Hunt created for McCullough against the Roosters in the qualifer for the Grand Final, it was like watching Kevie and Langer in action with such confidence from both players know where they needed to be. I like to think if multi universes do exist there is one where we do win that Grand Final......

Whilst we are doing memory things, why did we get smashed by dragons in the semis in 2017? I remember thinking we were smokeys for the comp

All of those are great. For me I wouldn't put it down to a few instances rather it was just sitting back and watching his combination of Hunt in action in 2015 like the try he and Hunt created for McCullough against the Roosters in the qualifer for the Grand Final, it was like watching Kevie and Langer in action with such confidence from both players know where they needed to be. I like to think if multi universes do exist there is one where we do win that Grand Final......
I saw that highlight the other day, goodness that was one of the best set plays we ever seen in the last ten years.

Although it's not as good as the ol manly double Cross play

In most timelines we win that Grand Final. At least any timeline where Ben Hunt gets hooked with 5 minutes to go.

When he scored his first try for us against Gold Coast in I think Round 4. It was a beautiful try and I was thinking he was gonna be the man.

Heres that try I was talking about, when you can get McCullough positioned correctly like that your doing your job lol Reminds me of the sort of passing in a game against the Sharks back in the early 90's of a team try we got where pretty much the whole bloody side was involved.

Heres that try I was talking about, when you can get McCullough positioned correctly like that your doing your job lol Reminds me of the sort of passing in a game against the Sharks back in the early 90's of a team try we got where pretty much the whole bloody side was involved.

Hunt was starting to look like Joey for brief period there. What a shame the wheels fell off the whole thing. Beautiful to watch.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.