Million $ Milford.

One good season, and 4 good games. I think we should just play it cool for now. It's quite clear he's in no rush to bugger off.

I know it's annoying thinking about Canberra but uh, that's 2 good years and 4 good games.

One good season, and 4 good games. I think we should just play it cool for now. It's quite clear he's in no rush to bugger off.

I respect where you're coming from and agree some people are getting a little carried away. Reading this the head gave me shivers that one day I might look back it the same way we look back and the Barba and Tim Smith hype. You never know what may happen.

but you are selling milf a bit short with "one good season and 4 good games". The kid has been on form since the day he debuted for Canberra.

Taking the cap rise from the OP, $1.5m under the higher cap would be roughly equivalent to 960k at the moment. He definitely has the potential to be attracting that kind of proportion of the cap by 2018, purely due to the long list of clubs that would be trying to sign him if given the chance.

I don't think he's any chance of getting 1.5 mil on the cap honestly. Maybe around the million, but he's not a game manager like Thurston is, his long kicking game is still not good enough, etc.

He might be getting 1.5m with 3rd party arrangements though, he's a star,a clean skin and young, he's marketability is sky high.

I don't think he's any chance of getting 1.5 mil on the cap honestly. Maybe around the million, but he's not a game manager like Thurston is, his long kicking game is still not good enough, etc.

He might be getting 1.5m with 3rd party arrangements though, he's a star,a clean skin and young, he's marketability is sky high.

I think he is already developing into a great game manager and will continue to improve and his kicking game will get better with age.

I think he is already developing into a great game manager and will continue to improve and his kicking game will get better with age.

I see this sentence being posted so often. Or close enough to it. Hunt's kicking game never got better with age, Parker's goalkicking game never got better with age...there would be others in other sides too. Not talking about Milford in particular here, just the sentence.

I see this sentence being posted so often. Or close enough to it. Hunt's kicking game never got better with age, Parker's goalkicking game never got better with age...there would be others in other sides too. Not talking about Milford in particular here, just the sentence.

I know what you mean, that sentence does get thrown around a lot, but for Milford I genuinely think it applies. This pre-season he practised his drop goals and short kicking game and now they have both improved hugely and I see no reason why his long kicking game would be any different in its improvement.

He's worth every cent. He is a genuine game winner and big match player. He dominated the second half against the Roosters in the PF last year, was in all reality the best on the ground in the GF and stood up and delivered so many times on Friday night. He probably needs to take more responsibility for the kicking game - or at least take some burden off shaky Hunt - but he has the potential to be the best Bronco of all time. Desperately needs to work on his defence though.

I don't think his defense is any worse than Lockyer's was at Milf's age. He is deceptively strong, has taken his game to the next level, including his kicking, which has markedly improved.
He's worth every cent you'd offer any player in the game.

The kid has been on form since the day he debuted for Canberra.

He's basically been on form since he started playing Rugby League as a kid.. I don't think that's a series of consecutive coincidences, the guy is just a good football player, there's absolutely no reason not to re-sign for as long as we can, right now.

He is special. The perfect combination of extraordinary physical ability and the work ethic and personality to get the best out of himself. It seems incredible that a 21 year old kid would demand the ball and take responsibility for winning what was a very important game for the club but the most pleasing thing about it was that he worked his butt off all summer practicing and nailed a couple of early season goals so that when the important moment came he would be ready. I have no doubt he will work on all aspects of his game and excel at everything.

If DCE is worth a 10 Mil deal. Milf is surly worth 12Mil over 8 years?

Despite being the best number 6 in the NRL, there are some red flags still with this kid.

Has the slowest play the ball in the league and is constantly mouthing to refs for penalties in the play the ball. WB needs to get that all that shit out of his game.

Also the issues at the Raiders with Papa in Auckland and with the emerging Origin squad. And what's up with quitting out first on fitness tests in the pre-season - that's a mental thing, for sure.

A lot of hype, pressure and expectation - for a kid that's only played one season of consistently good footy.

Despite being the best number 6 in the NRL, there are some red flags still with this kid.

Has the slowest play the ball in the league and is constantly mouthing to refs for penalties in the play the ball. WB needs to get that all that shit out of his game.

Also the issues at the Raiders with Papa in Auckland and with the emerging Origin squad. And what's up with quitting out first on fitness tests in the pre-season - that's a mental thing, for sure.

A lot of hype, pressure and expectation - for a kid that's only played one season of consistently good footy.

That's a lot of negativity for a Broncos fa.... oh.

He is one special talent I find it scary to think just how much can be if he keeps going like this. His game on Friday wasn't a game you would expect from a 21 year old it was something you would expect from a seasoned veteran.

I don't think his defense is any worse than Lockyer's was at Milf's age. He is deceptively strong, has taken his game to the next level, including his kicking, which has markedly improved.
He's worth every cent you'd offer any player in the game.

Halves aren't exactly noted defenders, I never really rated Lockyer defensively, and I have never rated Thurston defensively or Johnson, Morgan, Moses, Cronk. In terms of defensive ability Joey is the best halfback I've seen in that department, he could pick up forwards and land them on their backs.

Just while I think of it, if there WAS any negative about him it would be that it feels like he's content with where he's at fitness wise, rather than putting in heaps of work in the off-season and coming back faster and fitter than ever, he's definitely a little less zippy than last season, and even less zippier than he was at the Raiders.

(Note: It could be the plan to make him a little heavier so he's less likely to get run over in the defensive line, I'm just always concerned that if he suffers a lower leg injury and is a few kilos heavier than he should be, it could become a little bit of a Ben Barba v2 scenario)

I've never been a fan of making a player who's primary asset is speed gain a bit of weight, which may or may not benefit them on the defensive end, imagine if we had Milford at top speed as well as Roberts, we'd have the 2 fastest players in the NRL hands down.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Brocko
  • Aldo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Harry Sack
  • mrslong
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fozz
  • lynx000
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Santa
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • Jedhead
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • Morkel
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.