Next in line?

Is Dell next in line for an outside back Maroon jersey?

• Yes, barge arse is a champion!! Bring on the big Dell!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Tonga to centre, Inglis on the sting.

Dell is playing pretty well, Chris Walker would be up there as well.

Those 3 imo are ahead of Kemp, as is Mat Rogers.

Come on guys! Any Queenslander worth his salt knows that origin is all about passion (something that NSWmen try to deny - LOL!), and who brings more passion to any team than the one and only Dell?!?

NSW know all about passion too schmix. They love it!

6102.jpg

Is it wrong that the first thing I thought when Hodges got injured was "omg! It's Dell's chance!"?

Not at all. He would mark McManus pretty well but I reckon he would struggle against Hayne and Jennings.

I would shift Folau in and play Dell on the wing but I wouldn't be upset if they picked Tonga.

Browny said:
Je$ter said:
Straight swap for Tonga.

Tonga is a left centre

:roll:

It. Doesn't. Matter.

He PREFERS playing left centre. He is the next best centre for QLD that is available so it's a no brainer.

Je$ter said:
:roll:

It. Doesn't. Matter.

He PREFERS playing left centre. He is the next best centre for QLD that is available so it's a no brainer.

Maybe it does to him. Defensively it would be different and maybe that would affect his reading of defence etc.

I get what your saying and that he should be able to switch but it may count against him in the selectors mind.

My 2.2 cents(gst inc)

I just hope we don't go with Folau in the centres. I can just imagine them running around him so easilly when NSW has the ball.

Nashy said:
No drug abuser should wear a maroon jersey.

+100

Leave that NSW and Joey

It's always nice being able to hold our heads high, knowing that our greatest hero wasn't a drug cheat

Forget past indiscretions, he made a mistake, he admitted that and did his time. It takes a very big man to do that. Any of those other comments that you've made are ridiculously narrow minded, naive and unreasonable.

Back to Rugby League.

I would love to see Wendell back in for QLD. Aside from sentimental reasons, his form of late has been good enough and as others have said, in a tight, torrid Origin game (which Game 2 will be), having another forward on the park (especilly when we are light on in the back row - Harrison/Johnson) to get those good early kick return metres.

Plus QLD selectors love to pull that random shit (Adam Mogg? Alfie 2001).

Realistically, I think Tonga will get the call up. I'm not a fan of his and think he only got the call up in 2004 because there wasn't much competition at the time (Bowman, Hannay and co). Hasn't done much since and certainly isn't a form centre in the comp at the moment.

Where I think the selectors would have them at the moment:

Tonga
Sailor
Michaels
Slater to wing Hunt to fullback (or vice versa)
Winterstein (if eligble)
Kemp

Hunt to centre? Sailor on the bench?

But they should go with Tonga, which is the sensible decision considering it's just a straight swap rather than shuffling the whole backline around.

Sailor would be a waste of a bench spot imo. He's too slow for origin these days

The Rock said:
QLD would be crazy to pick Kemp - Out of form (mostly due to his team being out of form) and he's not even in first grade. He'd have absolutely no confidence. If you'd consider Kemp then it would be more logical to consider Winterstein.

QLD need to be careful - They've got a well drilled team with plenty of experience. They should probably just play it safe and put someone in the team that has been there, done that. Tonga is probably the best option, but I guess Sailor wouldn't be TOO bad. However, IMO NSW would prefer Sailor over Tonga. I reckon Sailor could be caught out with his lack of speed at times, especially his turn and chase.

And why the hell would the selectors even be considering Michaels?? He was selected in that Origin team based on last years early form and the hope that his current poor form at the time would improve. Michaels is no chance.

If Kemp can't make his own team, regardless of the reasons, he should not be playing for SOO. Michaels shouldn't even be playing for the Broncos, let alone origin. Sailor offers experience, but may be too slow. Tonga is not consistent either.

What about Walker?

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Bish
  • Aldo
  • broncomax
  • BroncoFan94
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • The Don
  • Behind enemy lines
  • BroncosAlways
  • Browny
  • Mr Fourex
  • Jedhead
  • Xzei
  • Rough and Ready
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.