Next in line?

Is Dell next in line for an outside back Maroon jersey?

• Yes, barge arse is a champion!! Bring on the big Dell!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If you're going to criticise Tonga for being inconsistent then you can't even consider Chris Walker.

I think Tonga or Sailor are even money bets. Sailor would be good with mind games on Hayne too. Though I worry about he and Folau defending both Hayne and Jennings if they have space.

Coxy said:
If you're going to criticise Tonga for being inconsistent then you can't even consider Chris Walker.

I think Tonga or Sailor are even money bets. Sailor would be good with mind games on Hayne too. Though I worry about he and Folau defending both Hayne and Jennings if they have space.

Just throwing his name into the air. Out of Tonga and Sailor, Sailor would probably be the best bet, particualy in defense, and has shown in the past that he can fire up for big games (hell, he does for club games).

Sailor was on the telly this morning and said that whilst he'd put his hand up to play before the teams were picked, watching the game last night from a corporate box was where he was happy to be! He basically said he'd forgotten how fast origin is so if any selectors have heard that, he shouldn't be picked. If he doesn't think he's up to it anymore, I'd be very worried about putting him in the side since I don't think I've ever heard Dell concede that he couldn't do anything!

What about pushing Falou in to the centres, Slater to wing, Hunt to fullback and bring in another bench utility like Stagg

*cringe* Slater on the wing is bad IMO. He's played wing in Origin before and been smashed out of the game.

If they do it, it'd have to be rotating between Hunt and Slater at fullback/wing.

What about Hunt/Slater do a fullback rotation, Folau to centres and Michaels to wing.

Forget Michaels.

Just have:

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Folau
5. Hunt

Hunt, Folau and Slater can rotate who plays wing/fullback/centre as appropriate.

OXY-351 said:
What about pushing Falou in to the centres, Slater to wing, Hunt to fullback and bring in another bench utility like Stagg

I dare say they will do this, but have Hunt on the wing (played there in the GF). I would have question marks over Hunt's defence on the wing.

Slater is playing too well at fullback to force a shift.

The Rock said:
broncospwn said:
What about Hunt/Slater do a fullback rotation, Folau to centres and Michaels to wing.

Are you just taking the piss? If so, it's old and boring now and no one's laughing so let it rest.

If you're serious then you're just weird.

Couldn't be any worse than McManus!!

I'd say Tonga will come straight in.. apparently Mal invited him and one or two others into the squad for game day in Melb.

Either that or Dell to the wing, Folau to the centres.

What about Matt Rogers? His form for the Titans has been pretty good, especially when Prince was out.

If you're going to pick Rogers you might as well pick Sailor. Sailor >>>>>>>>>> Rogers at all stages of their careers (in rugby league).

The team should remain the same with Tonga coming in. Change as little as possible.

I'm probably gonna get laughed at for this, but I'd make two changes:

1. Prince to replace Hodges
2. Sailor to replace Harrison (I honestly thought he was soft last night)

Prince would confuse the living smeg out of NSW - giving us another playmaking option and somewhere to turn when Thurston & Lockyer have big men charging down on them (a-la Lockyer's field goal attempt).

Keep Sailor on the bench until latter end of both halves - imagine some tiring old NSW players (let's face it - they will bring in old dodgies like Mason for Game 2) being forced to face Dell charging at them, running angles and creating busts. Provided the support play is around him, I can see him working out quite well.

Tonga? Michaels? Kemp? Sorry, too inconsistent and too soft by far.

Just because the team won doesn't mean it is 100%, or free from weak points.

Bajar said:

What game were you watching? Harrison was awesome

Bajar said:
I'm probably gonna get laughed at for this, but I'd make two changes:

1. Prince to replace Hodges

Prince would confuse the living smeg out of NSW - giving us another playmaking option and somewhere to turn when Thurston & Lockyer have big men charging down on them (a-la Lockyer's field goal attempt).

Keep Sailor on the bench until latter end of both halves - imagine some tiring old NSW players (let's face it - they will bring in old dodgies like Mason for Game 2) being forced to face Dell charging at them, running angles and creating busts. Provided the support play is around him, I can see him working out quite well.

Tonga? Michaels? Kemp? Sorry, too inconsistent and too soft by far.

What's your starting backline with this idea??? Prince on the wing???

Boyd and Folau can easily play in the centres.

It'll be either:

Boyd, Inglis, Tonga and Folau or Michaels, Inglis, Boyd and Folau.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Griffo
  • Dee
  • sooticus
  • heartly87
  • Santa
  • Sproj
  • Allo
  • Financeguy
  • bb_gun
  • The True King
  • Mister Wright
  • Foordy
  • Skyblues87
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncorob
  • Fitzy
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • BroncosAlways
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.